The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

Leeds Accom

Hey !
What accom is everyone thinking of for Leeds ??
I’m going to study Italian and international relations .
Original post by Lularx
Hey !
What accom is everyone thinking of for Leeds ??
I’m going to study Italian and international relations .

Hi! Uni of leeds right? I was initially thinking of white rose view, but then I saw that many people were also thinking of applying there too- so will probably be oversubscribed this year :frown: But now looking at other ones like leodis and maybe montague burton/central village (these two are also typically over subscribed too). So not completely sure yet!

I am going to study business management, but trying to change my course to business management with marketing.
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
I’m thinking white rose.
I know loads of people are saying it might be oversubscribed, but they say that for every accommodation so I’ve given up caring, lol.

I’ll be studying Italian and Japanese (:
Reply 3
Original post by cchloepx
I’m thinking white rose.
I know loads of people are saying it might be oversubscribed, but they say that for every accommodation so I’ve given up caring, lol.

I’ll be studying Italian and Japanese (:

Italian too cool ! Do you have a year abroad ??
I love white rose or any of the modern ones, and yeah lol that say that about all of them !!!
Reply 4
Original post by abbbbbb.
Hi! Uni of leeds right? I was initially thinking of white rose view, but then I saw that many people were also thinking of applying there too- so will probably be oversubscribed this year :frown: But now looking at other ones like leodis and maybe montague burton/central village (these two are also typically over subscribed too). So not completely sure yet!

I am going to study business management, but trying to change my course to business management with marketing.

I love white rose view - got to be in it to win it sort of thing !!
Business sounds cool !
Original post by Lularx
Italian too cool ! Do you have a year abroad ??
I love white rose or any of the modern ones, and yeah lol that say that about all of them !!!

Yeah I have year abroad (: I’ll have 2. One in my second year and one in my fourth.
Yes the modern ones are so pretty. I like white rose the most, tbh. Leeds has very nice accommodation though so I don’t think I would be too upset about any of them. Especially when I’ve seen Scottish accommodations for the same prices, haha. They’re awful.
Reply 6
Yeah I have year abroad (: I’ll have 2. One in my second year and one in my fourth.
Yes the modern ones are so pretty. I like white rose the most, tbh. Leeds has very nice accommodation though so I don’t think I would be too upset about any of them. Especially when I’ve seen Scottish accommodations for the same prices, haha. They’re awful.

2 that sounds so cool ! I originally wanted to go to Durham but they offered me a place for sociology instead :frown: Leeds was always my close second and tbh the accommodation at Durham is just incomparable - heard it’s so boring there too so I’m not overly sad !
Original post by Lularx
2 that sounds so cool ! I originally wanted to go to Durham but they offered me a place for sociology instead :frown: Leeds was always my close second and tbh the accommodation at Durham is just incomparable - heard it’s so boring there too so I’m not overly sad !

So far I have offers from St Andrews and Kent. I have a conditional offer for Leeds but it’s only a B in any higher which is pretty easy to get so I’m not worried about not getting in.
If I had to go for a Scottish uni tho I’d definitely want private accommodation- it’s so much nicer lol.
Kent was definitely off the table for me but it has nice accommodation. Very expensive though.
Reply 8
So far I have offers from St Andrews and Kent. I have a conditional offer for Leeds but it’s only a B in any higher which is pretty easy to get so I’m not worried about not getting in.
If I had to go for a Scottish uni tho I’d definitely want private accommodation- it’s so much nicer lol.
Kent was definitely off the table for me but it has nice accommodation. Very expensive though.

I live so close to Kent uni and have stayed in the accommodation- it’s really nice. Besides Leeds and Durham I’m thinking Southampton or Loughborough but both have pretty bad accommodation too! Think my last was Cardiff but honestly cannot remember
Original post by Lularx
I live so close to Kent uni and have stayed in the accommodation- it’s really nice. Besides Leeds and Durham I’m thinking Southampton or Loughborough but both have pretty bad accommodation too! Think my last was Cardiff but honestly cannot remember

Ohh interesting.
I’m a Scottish applicant so my first 3 were Scottish unis, and at first I was only really picking English unis because only 3 unis in Scotland offer Italian.
And then I started researching Leeds and I really loved the look of the uni.
Reply 10
Ohh interesting.
I’m a Scottish applicant so my first 3 were Scottish unis, and at first I was only really picking English unis because only 3 unis in Scotland offer Italian.
And then I started researching Leeds and I really loved the look of the uni.

I have close friends at Leeds and they love it ! If you want to know anything about Kent or more specifically the area I’ll be happy to help :smile: especially as I imagine you haven’t visited ?
Original post by Lularx
I have close friends at Leeds and they love it ! If you want to know anything about Kent or more specifically the area I’ll be happy to help :smile: especially as I imagine you haven’t visited ?

Yeah I’m really set on Leeds atm. My conditional is achievable so I’ll definitely be firming.

Kent is interesting but very far away from home and a bit expensive for my liking. I think I’ll make my insurance St. Andrews, probably.
Reply 12
Yeah I’m really set on Leeds atm. My conditional is achievable so I’ll definitely be firming.

Kent is interesting but very far away from home and a bit expensive for my liking. I think I’ll make my insurance St. Andrews, probably.

I was going to say literally the other end of the uk !! Let me know how it goes with Leeds - and if you find any groupchats which is proving difficult for me ? Maybe see you there soon :smile:
Original post by Lularx
I was going to say literally the other end of the uk !! Let me know how it goes with Leeds - and if you find any groupchats which is proving difficult for me ? Maybe see you there soon :smile:

I’m in a discord server which I can grab the invite for. Otherwise I haven’t really seen any group chats! Ive had trouble finding other language applicants for Leeds, tbh.

Quick Reply

Latest