The Student Room Group

Certificate of higher education

Can anyone tell me what this is worth in ucas points please
Original post by amymeakin
Can anyone tell me what this is worth in ucas points please

Ucas tariff points only apply to level 3 qualifications.
CertHEs aren’t level 3 qualifications.

Which CertHE are you doing and what courses are you hoping to apply to.

Generally CertHE is equivalent to 1st year of a degree - you would usually apply for entry into 2nd year of a new degree (and there can be funding issues if you go into 1st year- especially if you took more than 1 year to get your CertHE).
Reply 2
Original post by PQ
Ucas tariff points only apply to level 3 qualifications.
CertHEs aren’t level 3 qualifications.

Which CertHE are you doing and what courses are you hoping to apply to.

Generally CertHE is equivalent to 1st year of a degree - you would usually apply for entry into 2nd year of a new degree (and there can be funding issues if you go into 1st year- especially if you took more than 1 year to get your CertHE).

Hi, thanks for your reply.
I received a certHe after completing my first year of a medical science degree at Dmu. And then left to have a child. Now I am thinking about applying to study midwifery but my local uni asks for 128 ucas points.

I have an access to midwifery and nursing that got me into the original degree, I just wondered if the certHE would help in my application at all?
Hi, thanks for your reply.
I received a certHe after completing my first year of a medical science degree at Dmu. And then left to have a child. Now I am thinking about applying to study midwifery but my local uni asks for 128 ucas points.

I have an access to midwifery and nursing that got me into the original degree, I just wondered if the certHE would help in my application at all?

Ask your university. It’s likely they’ll accept it if it’s recent enough.

Your application needs to include ALL qualifications.
Reply 4
Original post by PQ
Ask your university. It’s likely they’ll accept it if it’s recent enough.

Your application needs to include ALL qualifications.

Thanks! I’ve sent a few emails, is 2017 recent? Haha
Thanks! I’ve sent a few emails, is 2017 recent? Haha

Most health professions courses require study in the last 5 years so 2017 should be ok.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending