The Student Room Group

UCAS

Will the UCAS inform me to choose between two applications (if I apply another new application in 2022 while holding offers in 2021)?

I am pretty sure they informed me in February. Would it be the case for this year as well?

Scroll to see replies

UCAS ran the 'hold an offer and apply again' scheme as a one-off emergency response last year to assist those caught up in the CAGs grade fiasco of last summer.

There is no indication that UCAS will need to do the same again this year and therefore we will go back to the situation where applicants cannot hold a deferred offer from one cycle and reapply in the next year's cycle.
Original post by McGinger
UCAS ran the 'hold an offer and apply again' scheme as a one-off emergency response last year to assist those caught up in the CAGs grade fiasco of last summer.

There is no indication that UCAS will need to do the same again this year and therefore we will go back to the situation where applicants cannot hold a deferred offer from one cycle and reapply in the next year's cycle.

oh okay, but is there a possibility in which UCAS run "hold an offer and apply again" scheme this year? We do not know till they release, can't we?
Original post by AsKim
oh okay, but is there a possibility in which UCAS run "hold an offer and apply again" scheme this year? We do not know till they release, can't we?

It would only happen again if we had a similar 'grades car-crash' as last year - the system will be very different this year and its therefore unlikely that UCAS would see any need to do this again.
Original post by AsKim

Ucas have told providers that they have no intention of giving this as an option in future cycles. It caused a number of problems for ucas and was put in place before the results date for October exams was known.
Will UCAS repeat the "Hold offers and re-apply" scheme again, just like the last year?

Where students were eligible to apply to another university whilst holding an unconditional offers.
Original post by AsKim
Will UCAS repeat the "Hold offers and re-apply" scheme again, just like the last year?

Where students were eligible to apply to another university whilst holding an unconditional offers.

No

The uncertainty about results dates at the time won’t apply this year.
Original post by PQ
No

The uncertainty about results dates at the time won’t apply this year.

when was it, in last year, the UCAS announced about the scheme?
Original post by AsKim
when was it, in last year, the UCAS announced about the scheme?

In August when they thought that the October exam results would be available after the January deadline. The results were published in December and so the extension wasn’t required (or not for the reasons ucas set it up).

If you want to reapply then you’ll have to withdraw from your deferred offer. If you speak to your university they will often be willing to honour your deferred offer if you reapply to them as one of your 5 choices.
Is there a probability in which the UCAS does another "hold offers and re-apply" scheme this year?
Reply 10
What do you mean? Like ucas extra but you don’t have to give up your current offers?
Original post by mma_jd
What do you mean? Like ucas extra but you don’t have to give up your current offers?

I am pretty sure they informed students in 2021 February about if they would like to go with 2020 or 2021 application (if they applied whilst holding an offer). So, can't I apply to Oxbridge whilst holding offers at other universities since decisions are made in January? Then, I can apply with a new application whilst my place guaranteed
Original post by AsKim
I am pretty sure they informed students in 2021 February about if they would like to go with 2020 or 2021 application (if they applied whilst holding an offer). So, can't I apply to Oxbridge whilst holding offers at other universities since decisions are made in January? Then, I can apply with a new application whilst my place guaranteed

Please see the answers above - this scheme was a one-off for last year's applicants.
It will NOT run again for anyone applying this year.
Original post by McGinger
Please see the answers above - this scheme was a one-off for last year's applicants.
It will NOT run again for anyone applying this year.

Calm down lol, what I am saying is that if there is a probability for a such thing. Nobody really knows what's gonna happen
can I apply two different courses at the same university? I am thinking of UCL
Reply 15
Original post by AsKim
can I apply two different courses at the same university? I am thinking of UCL

I applied to two courses at UCL this year. What courses were you thinking of and what departments are they in?
Original post by k86754
I applied to two courses at UCL this year. What courses were you thinking of and what departments are they in?

I applied to public health related, but also wanted to apply to data science which is in different departments.

I didnt know I can apply to two courses... I wish I did that too
You can't. they'll almost always reject one straight away.
Reply 18
Original post by AsKim
I applied to public health related, but also wanted to apply to data science which is in different departments.

I didnt know I can apply to two courses... I wish I did that too

Some people told me you can apply for two and some people told me you can't. The UCL website also doesn't specify anything so the only way to find out would be to call them. I've heard it's best to apply to 2 from 2 different departments.
Applying to public health and data science would be 2 very different courses so you wouldn't be able to write a personal statement for both anyway.
Reply 19
Original post by Foreverparnoid
You can't. they'll almost always reject one straight away.

Not necessarily, there have been people in previous years that got 2 offers from UCL after applying for 2 courses there.
I applied for 2 this year and have one offer but still waiting for a decision for the other.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending