The Student Room Group

How can I make friends with foreign students?

Hi, I am a Chinese student who is going to the UK for a master's study in 2021 fall. You know, it's my first time to study abroad, so I am so excited and I really want to make friends with new foreign classmates. So how can I make friends with foreign friends, any advice for me? Thanks!
Hi,
One of my closest friends is an international student from China, we just met on the class group chat and have been talking and we've gotten close that way.
I'd just say be friendly and open and meet lots of people, same as making friends anywhere.:h:
Good luck!
Reply 2
Original post by Justaboutalive
Hi,
One of my closest friends is an international student from China, we just met on the class group chat and have been talking and we've gotten close that way.
I'd just say be friendly and open and meet lots of people, same as making friends anywhere.:h:
Good luck!

wow, thanks for your advice! You just let me realize that friendship is all the same, I think I should just relax and be open. Looking forward to meeting new friends, thanks!
Look out for a Chinese/Asian society at your university. Generally China is pretty well represented.
Just be yourself and im sure you will meet lots of people :biggrin:
Reply 5
Original post by iamthicccccc1405
Just be yourself and im sure you will meet lots of people :biggrin:

Wish me good luck ~ Thanks :biggrin:
Reply 6
just be yourself. how do you make friends in China?
Reply 7
Original post by Joleee
just be yourself. how do you make friends in China?

hahaha, Got it! :headbang:
Original post by zougeng1118
wow, thanks for your advice! You just let me realize that friendship is all the same, I think I should just relax and be open. Looking forward to meeting new friends, thanks!

Haha no worries!
Yep friendship is the same all over the world lol.
Wish you the best.:h:
Hi, I am a Chinese student who is going to the UK for a master's study in 2021 fall. You know, it's my first time to study abroad, so I am so excited and I really want to make friends with new foreign classmates. So how can I make friends with foreign friends, any advice for me? Thanks!

One helpful thing I sometimes use is an app called Slowly, which helps you to communicate and find people in other countries.
Original post by beta virgin
Unless you are a tall muscular chad, you won't find anyone. If you are a virgin normy or wimp who is short, non muscular and nerdy/wear glasses, good luck you won't be getting laid bruh.

ignore this beta male incel, you'll find plenty of friends!
Only chads and white normies/beta with money get girls.

I don't need to get girls, I just want to make friends. Stop being so mean to boys, most girls are not as fussy as you might think. Why do I know this? Because I am a girl:smile:
(edited 3 years ago)
I am a man. I just advised.

Be prepared to be harassed and potentially raped, men here are rabid with asian girls like you.

hhh, hope you are not posting this in the jail
hhh, hope you are not posting this in the jail

ignore him, he's just writing these things to get attention

Some of the students here struggle a little with speaking english, best advice is to practise english speaking more (before you arrive) and then join all the sports/music clubs that interest you!
Original post by Anonymous
Some of the students here struggle a little with speaking english, best advice is to practise english speaking more (before you arrive) and then join all the sports/music clubs that interest you!

Very practical !!! Love this suggestion. Thank you so much

Quick Reply

Latest