The Student Room Group

hurt my bf and he hasn't come home yet

we got into an argument because i didn't want one of his friends over (basically he's an idiot, and he always ****ing harasses me when he's drunk). anyway, the argument turned nasty. i just remember saying so many disgusting, cruel things to him. stuff i knew would make him feel worthless and humiliated. stuff that would hurt his feelings. it was bad, trust me. ****ing vile. i even mocked his dead family member. idk how my brain even comes up with gross stuff like that. now that i've calmed down, i find my comments shocking.

he hardly said anything during my rant but at one point he snapped and grabbed me by the neck which startled me due to some past experiences. so i think i hit him. idk but he left and he hasn't come back yet and i'm so worried about
i don't even know how to apologise for my words, i'm so ashamed of myself

Scroll to see replies

Your both in the wrong.
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by CaptainDuckie
Your both in the wrong.

it was all me this time, trust me
someone should cut my ****ing tongue out, that would solve the issue
damn i think its best to let him calm down.... it wasnt just your fault btw its his too
Original post by Ciel.
it was all me this time, trust me
someone should cut my ****ing tongue out, that would solve the issue

sounds like a rather toxic relationship, was he the same one that slapped you? Then you made a thread about it a while ago? You’re Still with him?

Now he’s grabbing you by the neck? Where’s the line in this relationship?
you guys should break up, bc he is gets aggressive when he drinks and hurts you, and you hurt him back bc you feel mad and scared and its unhealthy, but in this case your both in the wrong
Reply 6
Not sure what to say other than you're both toxic in this relationship and it's probably better if he doesn't come back. Y'all need to work on yourselves before you get other people involved in your issues.
I know you've been told this a million times but you really need time apart
Give it the night, see whats up tomorrow
Reply 9
Original post by ruqaiyahhhhh
damn i think its best to let him calm down.... it wasnt just your fault btw its his too

nah. not this time. no one should have to put up with the vile **** i said to him.
Original post by CaptainDuckie
sounds like a rather toxic relationship, was he the same one that slapped you? Then you made a thread about it a while ago? You’re Still with him?

Now he’s grabbing you by the neck? Where’s the line in this relationship?

yeah, we're still together
lol, my neck isn't the issue here. idk if i can even face him ever again
I think I honestly lost the ability to be even mildly surprised or empathetic by these a dozen or so threads ago, I have no idea why people would live this way day in day out. :confused:
Original post by Ciel.
lol, my neck isn't an issue here. idk if i can even face him ever again

Continuous loop of disaster. I’m not sure what responses you want when you never listen.
Original post by Ciel.
nah. not this time. no one should have to put up with the vile **** i said to him.

He should not be inviting anyone over at the moment ...
Original post by Ciel.
we got into an argument because i didn't want one of his friends over (basically he's an idiot, and he always ****ing harasses me when he's drunk). anyway, the argument turned nasty. i just remember saying so many disgusting, cruel things to him. stuff i knew would make him feel worthless and humiliated. stuff that would hurt his feelings. it was bad, trust me. ****ing vile. i even mocked his dead family member. idk how my brain even comes up with gross stuff like that. now that i've calmed down, i find my comments shocking.

he hardly said anything during my rant but at one point he snapped and grabbed me by the neck which startled me due to some past experiences. so i think i hit him. idk but he left and he hasn't come back yet and i'm so worried about

You’re both harmful to each other. Someone’s going to end up dead at the rate you both are going.

This relationship from an outsiders perspective is quite toxic, either leave or give it space. You might not think you need it, but it’ll do both you some good in the long run.

Trust the process.
Original post by Ciel.

ngl i think you both need some time apart it seems pretty toxic even looking at your other threads.... Plus ive seen in another thread youve said you like seeing men 'angry'? was this part of it?

What you said to him may have just been 'in the moment' people get angry and say stuff they regret later.

I hope it works out but just let him cool down....
Reply 15
Original post by iamthicccccc1405
you guys should break up, bc he is gets aggressive when he drinks and hurts you, and you hurt him back bc you feel mad and scared and its unhealthy, but in this case your both in the wrong

it's my fault. i have that effect on people. i'm so ****ed up that it somehow makes them aggressive. it's always been this way
Original post by Vapordave
I know you've been told this a million times but you really need time apart

kinda difficult because of the stupid pandemic. are hotels even open yet?
Original post by Kabzzzy
Not sure what to say other than you're both toxic in this relationship and it's probably better if he doesn't come back. Y'all need to work on yourselves before you get other people involved in your issues.

i mean, he has to eventually. it's his house. but i'm worried something might have happened to him
Original post by V℮rsions
Give it the night, see whats up tomorrow

yeah :<
Original post by StriderHort
I think I honestly lost the ability to be even mildly surprised or empathetic by these a dozen or so threads ago, I have no idea why people would live this way day in day out. :confused:

our relationship used to be different. he was a completely different person. i ****ed him up tbh. no wonder his family hates me, i get it now.
Original post by Ciel.
kinda difficult because of the stupid pandemic. are hotels even open yet?

IDK, but it gives you time to make an exit plan since you're so financially dependent on him
Original post by Ciel.

So he almost chokeslammed you because you said his family member was dead, seems about right. Have you tried contacting him? And also if the friend caused this maybe he should never come over... and also does your bf know that he harasses you? there are so many problems with this bruh like i think you both need to get some therapy
Reply 18
Original post by Muttley79
He should not be inviting anyone over at the moment ...

it's been over a year, they can't just expect people to live in isolation forever. everyone's mental health is a mess
Original post by CrazyDoughnut
You’re both harmful to each other. Someone’s going to end up dead at the rate you both are going.

This relationship from an outsiders perspective is quite toxic, either leave or give it space. You might not think you need it, but it’ll do both you some good in the long run.

Trust the process.

how tho. it's not like i can just go on holiday now.
Original post by ruqaiyahhhhh
ngl i think you both need some time apart it seems pretty toxic even looking at your other threads.... Plus ive seen in another thread youve said you like seeing men 'angry'? was this part of it?

What you said to him may have just been 'in the moment' people get angry and say stuff they regret later.

I hope it works out but just let him cool down....

no it wasn't... and he was more hurt than angry.. which makes me feel even worse
Original post by Vapordave
IDK, but it gives you time to make an exit plan since you're so financially dependent on him

i wouldn't even know where to begin tbh
Original post by Ciel.
i wouldn't even know where to begin tbh

Maybe poke around in here and see what you're eligible for.
https://www.gov.uk/browse/benefits

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending