The Student Room Group

𝕄𝕪 𝕓𝕣𝕖𝕒𝕜𝕦𝕡 𝕓𝕝𝕠𝕘

Hey y'all :wavey:
Hope you guys are doing okay :grouphugs:

So my bf (now my ex) of 4 months broke up with me yesterday as he's not able to be in a committed relationship at the moment :cry2:
Obviously this kills af because out of all my exes, the love I had for him was true, strong and special. I still do love him. I wanted a future with him, I wanted to grow old with him, marry him, have kids with him etc. I dreamt it all.
It's so hard to just throw it all way and it's gonna take a while for me to recover from it. Due to this, my depression has come back. I'm having sleepless nights, lost my appetite, mental breakdowns, hating myself, etc.
It hurts because I had high hopes for the relationship and now I have to watch it all fall apart :bawling:

Within this blog, I'm gonna do updates everyday, where I talk about how I'm coping and all of that.
Hopefully this blog actually goes to plan unlike my previous one which flopped :colondollar:

If any of you guys have any tips on how to recover and stuff, drop them down below, it'll mean a lot :smile:

Tags:

Spoiler

If you want to be tagged let me know :ta:
(edited 3 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Day 1 of the breakup:

Okay so my ex gave me a choice after ending it, either we stay in contact and remain friends or we completely end it all and forget each other. For me it was like he was asking me to choose between life or death so I was torn between the two.
I've finally decided to remain friends and continue talking. He also wanted the same thing.
So far it's been hard ngl as I don't have the right anymore to worry about why he's taking forever to reply to my messages and nor do I have the right to question him about where he's gone. Moreover, it's hard not to be affectionate and be all romantic with him. I enjoyed that so much as it gave me happiness plus I loved seeing him blush and get all happy, it was so cute :cry2:
I'm trying to stay strong and not cry because if I let the tears out then it'll be hard as I won't have anyone to comfort me or console me.
It feels weird to not be all loving him towards him and affectionate but it is what it is I guess.

I should probably point out that I might sound all over the place and stuff and that's because I am all over the place at the moment. It happens when you're heart broken and when you're depressed too. So sorry in advance, if I seem a bit mental or lost or anything as such :sorry:
Original post by Nialler x
Day 1 of the breakup:

Okay so my ex gave me a choice after ending it, either we stay in contact and remain friends or we completely end it all and forget each other. For me it was like he was asking me to choose between life or death so I was torn between the two.
I've finally decided to remain friends and continue talking. He also wanted the same thing.
So far it's been hard ngl as I don't have the right anymore to worry about why he's taking forever to reply to my messages and nor do I have the right to question him about where he's gone. Moreover, it's hard not to be affectionate and be all romantic with him. I enjoyed that so much as it gave me happiness plus I loved seeing him blush and get all happy, it was so cute :cry2:
I'm trying to stay strong and not cry because if I let the tears out then it'll be hard as I won't have anyone to comfort me or console me.
It feels weird to not be all loving him towards him and affectionate but it is what it is I guess.

I should probably point out that I might sound all over the place and stuff and that's because I am all over the place at the moment. It happens when you're heart broken and when you're depressed too. So sorry in advance, if I seem a bit mental or lost or anything as such :sorry:

ohhh right im sorry about what happened with ur boyfriend
anyways remember Allah has everything planned for you
maybe it was better if u broke up with him
but I wish u good luck in life
and btw can I get a tag :biggrin:
Original post by MMtrapzz
ohhh right im sorry about what happened with ur boyfriend
anyways remember Allah has everything planned for you
maybe it was better if u broke up with him
but I wish u good luck in life
and btw can I get a tag :biggrin:

Yeah you're right. It's just so hard tho. Especially since I loved him more than anything.
And of course you can :smile:
Omg WHAT!? Tag me sis! :woo:

Never been in a relationship alhamdulilah, but i learn from other peoples :smile:
Hope you're okay :console: x
Original post by HumbleBee_x
Omg WHAT!? Tag me sis! :woo:

Never been in a relationship alhamdulilah, but i learn from other peoples :smile:
Hope you're okay :console: x

Done x

Alhamduillah! Aww bless ya :smile:
Yeah I'm okay, just trying my best to recover from it xx
Yeah you're right. It's just so hard tho. Especially since I loved him more than anything.
And of course you can :smile:

why did he leave you tho
why did he leave you tho

Because he feels as though he can't be in a committed relationship at the moment :sad:
Because he feels as though he can't be in a committed relationship at the moment :sad:

oh ummmm
I don't really know how to respond to this cos im 15 :s-smilie:
but I guess u could try and lure him back
oh ummmm
I don't really know how to respond to this cos im 15 :s-smilie:
but I guess u could try and lure him back

Aww bless ya, it's okayyyy :smile:
Haha I wish I could, I doubt it'd work.
We are still talking as friends so who knows what will happen :yep:
Day 1 of the breakup:

You could still be affectionate towards him as a friend or maybe even harmless flirting as a joke

Also no need to get emotional and sad just remember that this is probs for the better abyways
Original post by the_pharaoh
You could still be affectionate towards him as a friend or maybe even harmless flirting as a joke

Also no need to get emotional and sad just remember that this is probs for the better abyways

Idk, at the moment it feels wrong to do that.

Yeah it's easier said than done.
Done x

Alhamduillah! Aww bless ya :smile:
Yeah I'm okay, just trying my best to recover from it xx

I know exactly how u feel, given that i haven't had any experience whatsoever :colondollar: but...I've had many many opportunities thrown at me to be pursue a relationship but luckily i said no because i'm in a selfish, naive stage in my life, not ready for commitment and i don't wanna doss around wasting my time with guys who don't have that intention of committing. I'm acc going through a load of **** right now, so dw i'm in a lot of mess too :five:
To be honest, i recommend u focus on whats most important to you right now, your education or any other commitments and heal and absorb from these relationships that didn't go down well. God clearly threw them at u to test u, to see how well you handle them, i'm going through it now and alhamdulilah i am handling it well because i opened my eyes before it was too late - i went ahead to seek the involvement of my parents and close friends who have my best interests at heart.
I pray you find someone who truly adores and loves u to bits, someone who loves u and looks at u like ur the prettiest angel alive- this is the guy who would go out of his way to ensure he goes about it all in the right manner and has the best intentions.
So in the meantime just pray and think about what u want, you will attract what u are so chin up and carry yourself better and stronger!

Goodluck! x

Don't forget my PMs are open for u :heart:
(edited 3 years ago)
Idk, at the moment it feels wrong to do that.

Yeah it's easier said than done.

well think of it in a way that atleast he didn't break you and you can still have fun with him
Original post by HumbleBee_x
I know exactly how u feel, given that i haven't had any experience whatsoever :colondollar: but...I've had many many opportunities thrown at me to be pursue a relationship but luckily i said no because i'm in a selfish, naive stage in my life, not ready for commitment and i don't wanna doss around wasting my time with guys who don't have that intention of committing. I'm acc going through a load of **** right now, so dw i'm in a lot of mess too :five:
To be honest, i recommend u focus on whats most important to you right now, your education or any other commitments and heal and absorb from these relationships that didn't go down well. God clearly threw them at u to test u, to see how well you handle them, i'm going through it now and alhamdulilah i am handling it well because i opened my eyes before it was too late - i went ahead to seek the involvement of my parents and close friends who have my best interests at heart.
I pray you find someone who truly adores and loves u to bits, someone who loves u and looks at u like ur the prettiest angel alive- this is the guy who would go out of his way to ensure he goes about it all in the right manner and has the best intentions.
So in the meantime just pray and think about what u want, you will attract what u are so chin up and carry yourself better and stronger!

Goodluck! x

Don't forget my PMs are open for u :heart:

PRSOM :heart:
Awww I'm sorry to hear that, hope you're okay :console:
Yeah you're right but at the moment, it's hard because I'm not over him yet. Once I'm over him, I'll be okay inshallah.
But tysm, for this, it means a lot :hugs:
Tyyyyyy :heart:

well think of it in a way that atleast he didn't break you and you can still have fun with him

True but is it right for me to still have fun with him?

True but is it right for me to still have fun with him?

I dont see why not tbh

he actually didn't break your heart you said you loved him so I don't see why you have to be misreable around him
I dont see why not tbh

he actually didn't break your heart you said you loved him so I don't see why you have to be misreable around him

I'm honestly confused rn.
He ended the relationship, I loved him and I still do so I'm bound to be heartbroken, right?
He ended the relationship, I loved him and I still do so I'm bound to be heartbroken, right?

well yes but would you rather he continued the relationship and wasted your time? would you rather he continued the relationship knowing he was bound to end it anyway?

my point is he didn't like cheat or break up with you ina bad or unexplainable way he had a good reason

This is the reason why in Islam, we don’t have relationships prior to marriage sis.

It’ll lead to heartbreak, and you are now going through the turmoils. I’m so sorry, your enduring this, but there’s always light at the end of the tunnel sis.

Take it one day at a time, and do things that brings you closer to your deen(religion) sis InshaAllah.

I dont want to go all islamic here, so forgive me. If you ever need anything sis, my PMs are always open. 😊
well yes but would you rather he continued the relationship and wasted your time? would you rather he continued the relationship knowing he was bound to end it anyway?

my point is he didn't like cheat or break up with you ina bad or unexplainable way he had a good reason

True but someone for someone's sensitive af, it kills.

Original post by CrazyDoughnut
This is the reason why in Islam, we don’t have relationships prior to marriage sis.

It’ll lead to heartbreak, and you are now going through the turmoils. I’m so sorry, your enduring this, but there’s always light at the end of the tunnel sis.

Take it one day at a time, and do things that brings you closer to your deen(religion) sis InshaAllah.

I dont want to go all islamic here, so forgive me. If you ever need anything sis, my PMs are always open. 😊

Thank you so much :smile:
Means a lot.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending