The Student Room Group

preparing for exams without revision

i have been depressed and burnt out for so long that revision has not gone smoothly. every time i try, i become overwhelmed and give up. this is why i don't want to do as much before my exams now, there's only 2 days until my first one. for my mocks i didn't revise and did alright, i wouldn't mind getting a similar score now but it'll be harder since there's twice the content. just wanna emphasise that im not just not revising out of laziness, and trying to cram will be detrimental.

so im wondering if anyone has any tips on other things i can do to get myself ready. for example, how i can take my mind off of things, how i can approach the actual exam (4 essays in 3 hours) without getting too panicked. thanks.
flashcards
Reply 2
i think if your too overwhelmed, it will be better for you to make a list when everything you need to get done. break it up into small tasks so its easier to tick things off. (i wouldnt recommend making a timetable because if you dont keep up ull get even more stressed but i mean if that works for you then go for it). try to tackle each task one by one, dont think about the next task until uve done the one before. dont think about the time uve wasted either, you cant do anything about that now. just do what you can do now and remember even a tiny bit of progress is still good progress.
Reply 3
these always helped me in the past but my course is too broad now that it's difficult to find things which tackle what i need to cover specifically :frown: thank you though
Reply 4
Original post by Zay07
i think if your too overwhelmed, it will be better for you to make a list when everything you need to get done. break it up into small tasks so its easier to tick things off. (i wouldnt recommend making a timetable because if you dont keep up ull get even more stressed but i mean if that works for you then go for it). try to tackle each task one by one, dont think about the next task until uve done the one before. dont think about the time uve wasted either, you cant do anything about that now. just do what you can do now and remember even a tiny bit of progress is still good progress.

thank you this is a good method, there's pretty much nothing i can do now but i will try it in future
Reply 5
Original post by Anonymous
thank you this is a good method, there's pretty much nothing i can do now but i will try it in future

theres always something you can do. just make sure you get enough sleep aswell
Original post by Zay07
theres always something you can do. just make sure you get enough sleep aswell

Thanks for the method!! :biggrin:
Reply 7
no problem 😁
Hi there,

So if you feel as though you cannot revise the content of the exams there is still other things you could do. Maybe you could plan out some basic ideas of answers, like the structure of the answer. For example, look at some past papers (if available) and do a bullet point plan to how you would answer each question, this will be really good practice so you can formulate this easier, and quicker when the actual exam comes around. Also something more basic/simple to revise might be some key word definitions, which you will get some credit for stating / quoting in the exam.

I hope this is helpful and I hope the exams go alright!! Good luck.

Malachy - University of Liverpool Student Rep
My class did last minute revision, and went all the lecture material just couple days before the exam, it didnt turn out too well for them. 😬

Quick Reply

Latest