The Student Room Group

How racist was the UK towards Meghan Markle?

Is anybody going to be watching this tonight?

I kind of want to but I can see me just getting wound up with the inevitable hypocrisy, which will be a long two hours.

I can’t believe ITV actually paid £1m for this considering it was on last night and the press will have already reported every minute detail of it all day.

Scroll to see replies

From what I’ve read and the clips I’ve seen, I agree with Piers Morgan, she needs an Oscar for her performance. I cannot abide the fact that they moved to the US for ‘privacy’ and have since paraded around like a couple of show ponies. Strip them fully of their royal titles.
Although I should add that watching Dr Shola on BBC breakfast now try to link this to white supremacy and racism is absolutely hilarious. “Most white people out there....” Give me strength... :rolleyes:
Major arguments going on now on ITV morning show with Piers Morgan.
(edited 3 years ago)
proper funny seeing people get wound up by thioos.
Imagine being arsed about a bunch of rich incestuous nonces being "attacked". I don't care much for Meghan but I believe her cause of the royal's history of having racists as well as the stuff that happened to Dianna.
Really hope this is the end of the monarchy
Reply 5
There are fish at bottom of the Mariana Trench who have never even seen sunlight who are more interested in this than I am.
Original post by imlikeahermit
Although I should add that watching Dr Shola on BBC breakfast now try to link this to white supremacy and racism is absolutely hilarious. “Most white people out there....” Give me strength... :rolleyes:

Not like these talentless hacks would have much else to talk about if they weren't spewing garbage like that. At least you have to hand it to Meghan, she may be an attention seeking, pity-me narcissist but she's good at acting.
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 7
The comment about Archie not being a prince because of fears about his dark skin is an absolute disgrace and Harry really needs to think about what he’s saying about his family.

Their own choice was for Archie not to have any royal titles and the titling of princes/princesses was decided in 2012.

I am absolutely no fan of royalty but I am also not a fan of someone deciding to rewrite the truth and then hide behind ‘but it’s racism’.
I will probably watch it because it is interesting.

I shall be saving commenting till after I have seen it, I can't lie like a royal commentator.
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by Mess.
The comment about Archie not being a prince because of fears about his dark skin is an absolute disgrace and Harry really needs to think about what he’s saying about his family.

Their own choice was for Archie not to have any royal titles and the titling of princes/princesses was decided in 2012.

I am absolutely no fan of royalty but I am also not a fan of someone deciding to rewrite the truth and then hide behind ‘but it’s racism’.

Out of interest, what is the source for the claim?
Reply 10
Original post by Wōden
There are fish at bottom of the Mariana Trench who have never even seen sunlight who are more interested in this than I am.

And yet they didn't feel the need to post online about it.
Hmm...
I can't imagine myself to be interested enougj to watch, however I may glance over the transcript to gwtgan idea of what they said. I mean I have a decent idea of what they will say but nevertheless, I'm sure there will be a lot to talk about and perhaps points to disagree with them.
Reply 12
The unnamed person who raised concerns over the tone of the children's skin was bound to be Prince Philip.
Original post by imlikeahermit

Original post by Mess.
Is anybody going to be watching this tonight?

I kind of want to but I can see me just getting wound up with the inevitable hypocrisy, which will be a long two hours.

I can’t believe ITV actually paid £1m for this considering it was on last night and the press will have already reported every minute detail of it all day.

:frown: Other things I can better spend my time on : at least it will give the DM and all the other tabloids something to chew the mop over......
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by Mess.

Because unless they decided to air it without ad breaks, they'll have laughed their way to the bank with the healthy profit they made selling that advertising space.
It's appauling that a story like this makes front page news, but stories such as how the government blew £2.6 million renovating Downing Street gets only a side mention.
Reply 16
I understand the concept of advertising. My point is that, why any network+advertiser would bother giving it the light of day when the entire thing has already been dissected today.
Original post by Mess.
I understand the concept of advertising. My point is that, why any network+advertiser would bother giving it the light of day when the entire thing has already been dissected today.

And that's the answer you're looking for- because it's profitable.
Reply 18
Original post by DiddyDec
Out of interest, what is the source for the claim?

Meghan herself.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp.cnn.com/cnn/2021/03/08/uk/meghan-oprah-interview-racism-scli-gbr-intl/index.html

She’s clearly tried to conflate the two and if someone had been racist, then call out the individual otherwise it just looks petty.
Original post by Mess.
Meghan herself.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp.cnn.com/cnn/2021/03/08/uk/meghan-oprah-interview-racism-scli-gbr-intl/index.html

She’s clearly tried to conflate the two and if someone had been racist, then call out the individual otherwise it just looks petty.

Apologies, I meant the source on the claim that they didn't want their children to receive royal titles.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending