The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

LSE Masters - is student life as bad as it sounds?

I have an offer for masters at LSE but I’m not sure about accepting it. I’ve heard from many undergrads who hated their experience at LSE (lack of student life, hard to make friends, little regard for mental health, little academic support from professors etc).

Has anyone done a masters at LSE and can shed some light on what student life/ academic support is like?
Original post by Anonymous
I have an offer for masters at LSE but I’m not sure about accepting it. I’ve heard from many undergrads who hated their experience at LSE (lack of student life, hard to make friends, little regard for mental health, little academic support from professors etc).

Has anyone done a masters at LSE and can shed some light on what student life/ academic support is like?

What are your other offers?
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Reply 2
Original post by Buttmuffin
What are your other offers?

Imperial and UCL
Imperial and UCL

I assume it's for finance?

LSE > Imperial > UCL

student life/academic support during COVID years will be irrelevant
Original post by Buttmuffin
I assume it's for finance?

LSE > Imperial > UCL

student life/academic support during COVID years will be irrelevant

Not true. Life is likely to be basically back to normal by the end of September. Regardless, academic and mental health support is just as important during a pandemic as it is usually (if not more important).

I am also considering this (as a postgrad applicant). I could just stay where I am now and save 7000 grand (due to 20% alumni discount and ridiculously high tuition fees at LSE) and pay half as much rent. However, I'm worried that this may seem to like I took the easy/lazy option and I'm not sure how much difference the 'name brand' of LSE will make to my future career prospects.
Reply 5
Not true. Life is likely to be basically back to normal by the end of September. Regardless, academic and mental health support is just as important during a pandemic as it is usually (if not more important).

I am also considering this (as a postgrad applicant). I could just stay where I am now and save 7000 grand (due to 20% alumni discount and ridiculously high tuition fees at LSE) and pay half as much rent. However, I'm worried that this may seem to like I took the easy/lazy option and I'm not sure how much difference the 'name brand' of LSE will make to my future career prospects.

i think it all comes down to what you wanna do after you graduate. If you wanna break into ibank front office or mbb, then brand name would be very important

which uni are you currently at?
i think it all comes down to what you wanna do after you graduate. If you wanna break into ibank front office or mbb, then brand name would be very important

which uni are you currently at?

I’m at Glasgow reading Politics. I’d be studying Environmental Policy & Regulation at LSE next year but also have offers for MSc Political Communication at Glasgow & MA Strategic Communication at King’s. I’m not sure what I want to do after I graduate tbh

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending