The Student Room Group
University of Oxford, Pawel-Sytniewski
University of Oxford
Oxford

Oxford DPIR Graduate Applicants 2021

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by josephdroberts98
Sorry, I meant Oxford colleges! St Johns’, Christchurch, Merton, etc! Hoping you receive good offers from both so you have some choice!

Oh sorry! Thanks, I think that if I am rejected from Oxford I will aslo apply for UCL and LSE.

I asked the Queen's College, what about you guys?
University of Oxford, Pawel-Sytniewski
University of Oxford
Oxford
Original post by s.zar
Oh sorry! Thanks, I think that if I am rejected from Oxford I will aslo apply for UCL and LSE.

I asked the Queen's College, what about you guys?

I know someone who went to Queen’s for undergrad and they loved it! Sounds like a brilliant college!
Original post by jonnyiw
Nuffield as well, but I think that it is probably the most competitive because of the funding. Don't really mind where I end up if they offer me a place!

I don't think this is necessary for a masters to be honest.

Re: Nuffield, yes they tend to be one of the more competitive colleges. I think I read that 14% of applicants to Nuffield are successful? Most decisions that are made are ultimately funding decisions.
Reply 23
I applied to the MPhil in European Politics and Society/ St Cross College :smile: Let's hope we have our answers soon. Good luck everyone!
@DPIRapplicant
Hey all,
I applied for the MPhil in Comparative Government. Other applications include Cambridge and SciencesPo. Just waiting to hear back from Oxford now.
I think it should be a matter of days?
Reply 25
Original post by B999555
Hey all,
I applied for the MPhil in Comparative Government. Other applications include Cambridge and SciencesPo. Just waiting to hear back from Oxford now.
I think it should be a matter of days?

Hey, I received an offer from Sciences Po, which masters did you apply to?

Original post by jonnyiw
I think there will be more competition this year due to the labour market and people who put it off last year due to covid.. LSE sent a mail round stating that they had 22% more applications this year than the last as of February, with some courses up by 40%.

Where did you read this? I only found the 2018-2019 statistics on their website???
Original post by Baobao8
Hey, I received an offer from Sciences Po, which masters did you apply

At Sciences Po I applied to the Master in Political Science and to the double master’s degree programme Sciences Po/King’s College London in Development and Political Economy. I received offers for both. I also applied to the MPhil Development Studies (Political Economics of Development) at Cambridge, and also received an offer.
Reply 27
Original post by B999555
At Sciences Po I applied to the Master in Political Science and to the double master’s degree programme Sciences Po/King’s College London in Development and Political Economy. I received offers for both. I also applied to the MPhil Development Studies (Political Economics of Development) at Cambridge, and also received an offer.

Congrats !! Hope you'll also get a positive answer from Oxford :smile: May I ask when you received the answer for the double degree ?
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 28
Original post by Baobao8

Where did you read this? I only found the 2018-2019 statistics on their website???

They accidentally sent an internal newsletter about how the admissions process was going to applicants instead of staff on the 4th of Feb. There was nothing confidential in it, just a breakdown of how many had applied to each course etc. Nonetheless there was some interesting info in there - something that caught my eye was that only 6.7% of applicants were from the UK and 42% were from China.
Reply 29
Original post by jonnyiw
They accidentally sent an internal newsletter about how the admissions process was going to applicants instead of staff on the 4th of Feb. There was nothing confidential in it, just a breakdown of how many had applied to each course etc. Nonetheless there was some interesting info in there - something that caught my eye was that only 6.7% of applicants were from the UK and 42% were from China.

omg
Original post by Baobao8
Congrats !! Hope you'll also get a positive answer from Oxford :smile: May I ask when you received the answer for the double degree ?

Thank you, I hope you do as well! I think it was on 28.01
Hi all,

I've applied to the MPhil in Politics (European Politics and Society) at Mansfield. Still waiting. Currently finishing off my undergrad at Kings College London :smile:

Very best of luck to everyone!
Reply 32
Gradcafe would indicate that someone was issued a rejection for Comparative Government today. Sorry if it was any of you.
Original post by jonnyiw
Gradcafe would indicate that someone was issued a rejection for Comparative Government today. Sorry if it was any of you.

I saw this too, here’s hoping they start sending out some offers soon!
Original post by DPIRapplicant
Hi all,

I've applied to the MPhil in Politics (European Politics and Society) at Mansfield. Still waiting. Currently finishing off my undergrad at Kings College London :smile:

Hey! I do History and International Relations at King's College London and I applied for the same programme at Oxford. Do you have FB?
Original post by DPIRapplicant
Hi all,

Add me on FB: my name is Andrea Telò
Reply 36
Original post by jonnyiw

Got rejection at 2am this morning. Still waiting for the MPhil in Political Theory.
Reply 37
Original post by s.zar
Got rejection at 2am this morning. Still waiting for the MPhil in Political Theory.

Thanks for sharing and very sorry about the outcome. Have to say, I am surprised that it came this week rather than next week. Also find it very strange how a lot of people are reporting communications at 2am?
Reply 38
Original post by jonnyiw
Thanks for sharing and very sorry about the outcome. Have to say, I am surprised that it came this week rather than next week. Also find it very strange how a lot of people are reporting communications at 2am?

I think it was useful to share for others applicants.

Yes, really strange. At the beginning, this story about 2am was not really clear for me, but as I received my rejection at 2am I will not sleep anymore xD

Still waiting for the MPhil in Political Theory, I read in the GradCafe that someone has been rejected mid February. Nobody accepted for the moment. What do you think?
Reply 39
I really hope they will send offers and that will encourage us. Because now it's like a game of who's next to be knocked out at 2 a.m. We're surviving, guys.
(edited 3 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending