The Student Room Group
Original post by Diva11
Don't get all the hate she receives, she literally married the man she loves and since then the media has done nothing but pit her and Kate against each other and hate on her in every public event.

Can you show me one racist comment made by the media.
Reply 2
Tabloids and internet trolls don't equal the UK.

Question needs refining
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by MatureStudent37

Just because there's no overtly racist headlines it doesn't mean that the narrative doesn't have racial undertones. The media have treated Kate very differently from Meghan since day one - their true motivations behind this I can't be certain of, though I do believe race is relevant to the conversation.

Step beyond the media though - the backlash against Meghan from a disgraceful segment of the population on social media has been overtly racist since the outset. There is no doubt in my mind that for a silent majority of the population Meghan's race is an issue. Do the media know this? Of course they do. They've been fuelling this issue for years knowing full well the openly racial vitriol involved.
Reply 4
Original post by MatureStudent37

Come on, it's clearly obvious how the media favours Kate over Meghan and how they portray her as this bully and awful individual. Unless you've been living underneath a rock for a while.
Original post by Burridge
Just because there's no overtly racist headlines it doesn't mean that the narrative doesn't have racial undertones. The media have treated Kate very differently from Meghan since day one - their true motivations behind this I can't be certain of, though I do believe race is relevant to the conversation.

Step beyond the media though - the backlash against Meghan from a disgraceful segment of the population on social media has been overtly racist since the outset. There is no doubt in my mind that for a silent majority of the population Meghan's race is an issue. Do the media know this? Of course they do. They've been fuelling this issue for years knowing full well the openly racial vitriol involved.

So she gets to claim racist treatment without backing it up without any evidence.

Sounds like she’s going for the sympathy vote.

the media testing Kate differently isn’t anything to do with racism.

Kate isn’t a Hollywood star. Meghan didn’t marry 2nd in line to the thrown.

So, we have a Hollywood starlet who’s now playing the race card because she has to out Kardashian the Kardashians.
Crikey, what is it with these American divorcees bringing about crisis's in the monarchy?🙄
She doesn't even look black. I thought she was Italian or something at first. Harry has probably suffered more abuse for being ginger
There is already a thread on this topic. You can find it here.
Thank you. :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending