The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anisha2171
Anyone else not receive an email from Barts only the ucas update ?

I haven't got any emails - just a track update. Hopefully, we can expect one by tommorow.
Original post by Anisha2171
Anyone else not receive an email from Barts only the ucas update ?

Yep no emails for me yet either, just the Track update
I’m so confused as to how I got an offer but I’ll take it lmao. Do we have to wait till we hear back from all unis to firm it or can we do it now and if so how?
Reply 43
Original post by Sajeevan2605
I’m so confused as to how I got an offer but I’ll take it lmao. Do we have to wait till we hear back from all unis to firm it or can we do it now and if so how?

Well done! And, you have to wait to get responses from your other choices before you can firm on UCAS:smile:
Original post by Sajeevan2605

Original post by nj22
Well done! And, you have to wait to get responses from your other choices before you can firm on UCAS:smile:

Congrats! And yeah, you either have to wait for all responses or if you know you want to firm this, then you can withdraw your applications from the other unis and then you'll be able to firm this!
Reply 45
Original post by Jingonator
Do all medical students get put in the same accomodation building as each other in first year?

There's two separate accommodations for medicine (charterhouse square and whitechapel accom) but they do only have Barts students in eg. dentistry and medicine, if I remember correctly!
Original post by nj22

Original post by Postgrad118
Congrats! And yeah, you either have to wait for all responses or if you know you want to firm this, then you can withdraw your applications from the other unis and then you'll be able to firm this!

Oh okay thank you both :smile:
Original post by mw2002
There's two separate accommodations for medicine (charterhouse square and whitechapel accom) but they do only have Barts students in eg. dentistry and medicine, if I remember correctly!

Ok thanks. Is it true that there is no ensuite accomodation for medical students - my understanding is that the Dawson and Floyer accomodation have no ensuite rooms.
Ok thanks. Is it true that there is no ensuite accomodation for medical students - my understanding is that the Dawson and Floyer accomodation have no ensuite rooms.

Yep that's true, both of them have shared kitchens and bathrooms.
h

Original post by gradxmed
Yep that's true, both of them have shared kitchens and bathrooms.

Oh ok - so its basically impossible to get an ensuite room as a 1st year medic at Barts?
h

Oh ok - so its basically impossible to get an ensuite room as a 1st year medic at Barts?

Pretty much, the only accommodation available for medics is (as you said previously) Dawson and Floyer. You could get private student accommodation, and those would be ensuite, but they'd also probably be much more expensive. I haven't heard any complaints against sharing bathrooms or kitchens (though I've only asked a couple people about it).
Original post by gradxmed
Pretty much, the only accommodation available for medics is (as you said previously) Dawson and Floyer. You could get private student accommodation, and those would be ensuite, but they'd also probably be much more expensive. I haven't heard any complaints against sharing bathrooms or kitchens (though I've only asked a couple people about it).

Oh ok, I see. Thanks for replying
Original post by Queen Mary Student Ambassadors
Hi, everyone! Congratulations on your offers, we cannot wait to welcome you in September! :clap2:

I am a medical student at Barts intercalating after 3rd year and due to start 4th year this August. Feel free to ask me any questions about studying medicine at Barts, accommodation, student life...Anything!

Amaya.
TSR Student Ambassador

Hi there, do you know if offers are sent out in batches? Thanks!
I can't decide about applying for accomodation... do you think i will be socially disadvantaged if i do not apply for QMUL accomodation?
Reply 54
Original post by kesh7967
I can't decide about applying for accomodation... do you think i will be socially disadvantaged if i do not apply for QMUL accomodation?

same problem here. Not fully sure yet, am waiting for more information but is a tough one. Probably best to leave home for one year but not sure yet either.
Where/how do we apply for accommodation?
Hi, everyone! Congratulations on your offers, we cannot wait to welcome you in September! :clap2:

I am a medical student at Barts intercalating after 3rd year and due to start 4th year this August. Feel free to ask me any questions about studying medicine at Barts, accommodation, student life...Anything!

Amaya.
TSR Student Ambassador

Hi Amaya!

Could you possibly outline where the majority of learning occurs for each year of the course? This would greatly help with accomodation decisions!

Thanks,
Kate :smile:
Original post by HypnosStyx
Hi there, do you know if offers are sent out in batches? Thanks!

Hiya! Yes offers are usually sent out in batches :smile:
Original post by kesh7967
Does anyone know how we do/prove our health check/criminal check??

Apologies, I just double checked how we did our occupational health forms last year and they actually sent us a link to download the forms from QMplus. This was in the email that they sent confirming that I had put them as my firm choice on track. In terms of the DBS, I got an email about what it involves in the summer. But as I said before, I wouldn't worry about it too much until you've received the emails. Sorry again about the incorrect information!
Reply 59

Amaya.
TSR Student Ambassador

which accommodation do you recommend? :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending