The Student Room Group

St George's A101 2021 offer holders

Congratulations!
A thread for offer holders - St George's graduate entry medicine (A101) 2021.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hey everyone! Congratulations!! I'm very likely going to firm St George's as I live in London already. It would be nice to get to know a few people ahead of time.
Reply 2
Congrats guys :smile:!
Hello All! I'm a mid career change person (coming from clinical epidemiology research) and completely educated in the US up to this point.

I'm interested as to St George's reputation and what people have heard from current/past GEM students. Looking forward to "meeting" on March 17th!
Hi guys! Congrats to all!! Still in shock
I live in london too!
Reply 5
Congrats everyone!! I'm waiting to to hear back from Nottingham before deciding, I live in Manchester now and London is so expensive!

Although it would be awesome to be back down south (from Reading originally).
Original post by RS0112
Congrats everyone!! I'm waiting to to hear back from Nottingham before deciding, I live in Manchester now and London is so expensive!

Same boat as you. SGUL seems so good but worried about the costs!
Reply 7
Yeah London does seem like it'll be very pricey. As long as I can afford rent and a gym membership I'll settle for that and the library 😂 I'm from Newcastle and studied in Liverpool so I'm more suited to northern prices at this point
Original post by jd_97
Yeah London does seem like it'll be very pricey. As long as I can afford rent and a gym membership I'll settle for that and the library 😂 I'm from Newcastle and studied in Liverpool so I'm more suited to northern prices at this point

I moved to london during my undergrad from the east Midlands. And haven't left since. Love london so much. What is everyone thinking of doing for accommodation?
Hey everyone! Congrats to you all, anyone else keep checking the email out of shock? The relief when my UCAS track updated!
Original post by neenas
Hey everyone! Congrats to you all, anyone else keep checking the email out of shock? The relief when my UCAS track updated!

Haha yeah I keep checking back. This is my second attempt at GEM and fourth attempt at medicine overall so it’s so surreal getting an offer after all this time.
Reply 11
Original post by RS0112

I'm waiting to hear back from Notts and Swansea! I'm honestly so undecided

And i just finished my undergrad degree in Reading, loved it there :smile:
Original post by JSTLjack
Haha yeah I keep checking back. This is my second attempt at GEM and fourth attempt at medicine overall so it’s so surreal getting an offer after all this time.

Wow that’s amazing!! I’m so happy for you that’s serious willpower, this is my second attempt and it honestly drained me so much
Hey guys, well done to you all! I've now firmed SGUL and looking forward to meeting you all. Looking at previous years, I guess there are about ~80 GEM students and 4 years together so hopefully we can get to know each other really well. I'm currently in London (Elephant & Castle) studying clinical neuroscience at UCL. Massive respect to anyone who has gotten in without a bio background - getting into medicine is super impressive but doing it from another discipline is just amazing and you'll be great.
Reply 14
Does anyone know how we could get in contact to see if we can find other grad medic housemates for SGUL ? Exciting!!
Original post by cmedic
Does anyone know how we could get in contact to see if we can find other grad medic housemates for SGUL ? Exciting!!

Hopefully some answers in the virtual open day?? TSR rules mean we can’t share groupchats or anything here
Original post by Post_Grad_medic
i second this! would be great to get to know everyone

Likewise! Applying this year especially has been so gruelling, super happy for everyone who’s gotten an offer and just excited to get started :smile:
Hey All! Can't wait to meet you all in person, I'm still pinching myself it's so so surreal!

Just hoping any of you future mates knew anything about the "satisfactory completion of Fitness to Practice conditions" just a little worrying what an "Unsatisfactory completion" would result in and how that would come about?? Really don't want to risk the oppurtunity!

Super excited!
Offer received on Monday evening, interviewed on the 18th Feb. It's my second time applying to GEM so I'm in shock!

Still waiting to hear from Notts (interviewed in Jan) and have my Swansea interview next week. Main reason for not accepting George's outright atm is just the financial side to living in London. Booking as many overtime shifts as possible to try and save some money up.

I'm from Salford originally, spent my UG in Wales and am now working in Manchester again, so adjusting to London prices is going to be interesting, can't wait to pay £9 for a double vodka and cranberry :eek:
Reply 19
Original post by AberBioleg
Offer received on Monday evening, interviewed on the 18th Feb. It's my second time applying to GEM so I'm in shock!

Still waiting to hear from Notts (interviewed in Jan) and have my Swansea interview next week. Main reason for not accepting George's outright atm is just the financial side to living in London. Booking as many overtime shifts as possible to try and save some money up.

I'm from Salford originally, spent my UG in Wales and am now working in Manchester again, so adjusting to London prices is going to be interesting, can't wait to pay £9 for a double vodka and cranberry :eek:

Hi I'm pretty much in the same boat as you! This is my 3rd application cycle for GEM. Waiting for responses from Swansea and Notts.

Also not 100% on St George's due to how expensive London is, did my undergrad at Salford Uni and have been living in Manchester since 🙂

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending