The Student Room Group

W/London Work Coach Jan 2021

Hey guys
Couldn’t find a thread for the West London DWP work coaches who applied in Jan
Anyone care to give an update on their application?
I’m on reserve list myself and curious to know how others applications are doing
Good luck to all!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Priz95
Hey guys
I’m on reserve list myself and curious to know how others applications are doing
Good luck to all!

Still on reserve list for West London since last Tuesday but have now accepted an offer for Slough this week. I would have preferred London but wasn't sure how long I'd be waiting for!
Reply 2
Original post by Mickeybuns
Still on reserve list for West London since last Tuesday but have now accepted an offer for Slough this week. I would have preferred London but wasn't sure how long I'd be waiting for!

Well done! Hope it goes well...I called up today and was told that they are expecting another West London campaign to go live in the coming weeks. Hopefully we hear something soon
Original post by Priz95
Hey guys
Good luck to all!

Feels like everyyone who applied for west london in January is on reserves list atm. I can see them taking ppl of reseves list late march/early april. I think the December candidates are still being start dates currently ? Just trying to make sense of it.
Original post by Priz95
Well done! Hope it goes well...I called up today and was told that they are expecting another West London campaign to go live in the coming weeks. Hopefully we hear something soon

That’s interesting did they say anything else if like the reserve list would get priority. Honestly it dont make sense to do another campaign when no one from the campaign from jan has been placed for west ldn yet
Reply 5
Original post by bossman75
That’s interesting did they say anything else if like the reserve list would get priority. Honestly it dont make sense to do another campaign when no one from the campaign from jan has been placed for west ldn yet

Yeah it really doesn’t. Would be interesting to know what their logic is when it comes to their recruitment.
Yeah the person on the phone - who was actually helpful for once - stressed that the reserve list for sure will get priority and there will be another nationwide campaign.
The only thing is I think the mass recruitment implies that the contract’s won’t be extended..
Reply 6
Feels like everyyone who applied for west london in January is on reserves list atm. I can see them taking ppl of reseves list late march/early april. I think the December candidates are still being start dates currently ? Just trying to make sense of it.

Hi
been on reserve list since last Tuesday also for West London. Is it safe to presume that we will get placed and won’t drop off the radar?
Reply 7
Original post by Zest888
Hi
been on reserve list since last Tuesday also for West London. Is it safe to presume that we will get placed and won’t drop off the radar?

Hey,
I’ve been on reserve since the 9th too but feels like forever!
I hope so..
Once the west London campaign is advertised it would be clear that we will get placed - just don’t know when...
Reply 8
Anyone heard anything yet? Mine says status is being updated and we will contact you in due course”. Changed Thursday last week but heard nothing since
Reply 9
Original post by Zest888
Anyone heard anything yet? Mine says status is being updated and we will contact you in due course”. Changed Thursday last week but heard nothing since

Nopee nothing..
Only heard of one person who’s got a start date from west London from the reserve list tbh no one else
Reply 10
Has anyone heard anything regarding offers or placements for west London at all?
Reply 11
Has anyone heard anything regarding offers or placements for west London at all?
Original post by Zest888

Nope. I have been on the reserves list 4 weeks today. Surely they will place at least some of us soon.
Reply 13
Nope. I have been on the reserves list 4 weeks today. Surely they will place at least some of us soon.

I think we’ll have a better idea if they release a new west London campaign tomorw.
If they do we will defo get taken off reserve
Reply 14

Ditto - 4 weeks today.
Reply 15
Original post by Priz95
I think we’ll have a better idea if they release a new west London campaign tomorw.
If they do we will defo get taken off reserve

Let’s hope so - how do you know about the west London campaign
Didn’t know there’s another one
Reply 16
Original post by Zest888
Let’s hope so - how do you know about the west London campaign
Didn’t know there’s another one

I’m on 4 weeks too...
I spoke to someone on the phone from the recruitment team and they said there’s a new campaign every Wednesday which there has been.
There was a south London one posted last Wednesday so fingers crossed there’s one for west London either tomrow or in the coming weeks
Has anyone’s PEC’s completed yet? They seem to be taking ages with our area.
Reply 18
Original post by Priz95
I’m on 4 weeks too...
I spoke to someone on the phone from the recruitment team and they said there’s a new campaign every Wednesday which there has been.
There was a south London one posted last Wednesday so fingers crossed there’s one for west London either tomrow or in the coming weeks

So, does that mean if advertised again for W London you go up the list? Is this how it works? I’m hoping that they are recruiting the exact number of people needed against vacancies.
Reply 19
Original post by willotree
Has anyone’s PEC’s completed yet? They seem to be taking ages with our area.

I know all my references & my counter signatory all responded back but my status is still the same. :frown:
Still , I’ll have to be patient
The wheels are moving ever so slowly

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending