The Student Room Group

AAT to ACA with a toddler

Hey,

I'm about to sit my last AAT Level 4 exam and am hoping to begin my ACA qualification. I work 3 days a week and have a 2 year old son. Is this achievable without taking my weekends away from my little boy? I'm willing to revise evenings when my son is in bed but I'm not going to miss him growing up to revise. Would evenings and and the odd day be doable?

Thanks in advance!
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 1
Does you work provide training courses?
Reply 2
Original post by ajj2000
Does you work provide training courses?

Thanks for your reply. I would be doing an online training course, so in my own time but funded partly by my firm.
Reply 3
Original post by Diesel123
Thanks for your reply. I would be doing an online training course, so in my own time but funded partly by my firm.

Ok - has anyone given you an estimate of how many hours a week you would need to study? Do they provide revision courses with lots of marked mock papers and feedback?

i think you need a decent estimate of how many hours of focused study per week you would need to progress and see how that might fit with your life.
Reply 4
Original post by Diesel123
Hey,

I'm about to sit my last AAT Level 4 exam and am hoping to begin my ACA qualification. I work 3 days a week and have a 2 year old son. Is this achievable without taking my weekends away from my little boy? I'm willing to revise evenings when my son is in bed but I'm not going to miss him growing up to revise. Would evenings and and the odd day be doable?

Thanks in advance!

Hey,

Hope you're safe and well.

It can be tough but I think given that ACA exams do require commitment and discipline you do need to spend a considerable amount of time studying, but also depends on various factors too

- How quickly you pick up information ?
- There may be certain modules you will find easier/enjoy more than others
- If you get in class study support ? - It makes life easier when you can contact tutors and get answers quicker to things you don't understand ?

You could consider spreading the exams out. I think with AAT level 4 you get exemptions from 5 of the certificate level exams and you can use your training experience during your AAT exam towards your ACA. That will essentially mean less exams and less days required towards meeting the 450 days/3 year requirement. Just double check this to be sure ? Or you may already know ?

if you do maybe 2/3 exams a year, it may mean you can finish the final few exams in 3-5 years, which means you can get the qualification to and spend enough time with family ?

Hope this helps.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending