The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Queen Mary Student Ambassadors
Hi, everyone! Congratulations on your offers, we cannot wait to welcome you in September! :clap2:

I am a medical student at Barts intercalating after 3rd year and due to start 4th year this August. Feel free to ask me any questions about studying medicine at Barts, accommodation, student life...Anything!

Amaya.
TSR Student Ambassador

Hi, I was wondering what is exam season like, do you do your exams in a massive hall like with GCSEs or A Levels or is it digital and remote.
Reply 81
I got an offer for deferred A101 yesterday on UCAS track but haven’t received an email from Barts - is anyone else in the same or similar position?
Congrats everyone, so glad to be on here finally!
Does anyone know how long mySIS takes to update?
A101 offer still in shock tbh, but defo firming barts. Loved all the people i 'met' on my interview day and east London will be a great place to live. Anyone know when we can apply for accommodation as grad medics?
Original post by Darkpixel
Does anyone know how long mySIS takes to update?

For me it updated the day after I got the update on track!
Original post by Postgrad118
For me it updated the day after I got the update on track!

Thanks!
Are people at a disadvantage in terms of accomodation applications if they are applying much later since they are still waiting for offers from other universities?
Original post by Redpurplelane
A101 offer still in shock tbh, but defo firming barts. Loved all the people i 'met' on my interview day and east London will be a great place to live. Anyone know when we can apply for accommodation as grad medics?

Hey, fellow A101 here who is also still in shock :biggrin: After firming my offer, I got an email from Barts with the accomodation portal details after about 24 hours, and applied for accomodation there!
Original post by Rilakkuma
Hey, fellow A101 here who is also still in shock :biggrin: After firming my offer, I got an email from Barts with the accomodation portal details after about 24 hours, and applied for accomodation there!

Ahh okay. Is it first come first serve, I’m still waiting for a couple choices...
Any A101 offer holders planning to commute?
Reply 91

I am yeah! Wont live in London - how about you?
Original post by E2GM3
I am yeah! Wont live in London - how about you?

Oh is the commute going to be long for you? I don't live far from either campus, just about 20 minutes away so will be commuting!
Original post by Redpurplelane
Ahh okay. Is it first come first serve, I’m still waiting for a couple choices...

It says it is :s-smilie: But I wouldn't worry too much, because I don't expect many people will be firming yet; most of the A100 are probably still also waiting for offers.

I am considering living a bit further out of London with my partner, but it all depends on whether they can get a new job before September :biggrin: In that case I expect a decent commute because the rent is so much cheaper further out!
Original post by Rilakkuma
I am considering living a bit further out of London with my partner, but it all depends on whether they can get a new job before September :biggrin: In that case I expect a decent commute because the rent is so much cheaper further out!

Ah okay, hope it works out! And yeah must be a lot cheaper compared with in London!!
Reply 96
There’s some nice places north of London that are only 20-30 minutes on a train into London :smile: send me a direct message if you want some recommendations as I live in the area at the moment!
Original post by Queen Mary Student Ambassadors
Hi, everyone! Congratulations on your offers, we cannot wait to welcome you in September! :clap2:

I am a medical student at Barts intercalating after 3rd year and due to start 4th year this August. Feel free to ask me any questions about studying medicine at Barts, accommodation, student life...Anything!

Amaya.
TSR Student Ambassador

Hi, Do you know if it is possible for Barts students to stay in University of London accommodation?
Reply 98
Is the offer A*AA for most people?
Hey, I haven’t yet, got my offer yesterday so relieved! Are all medics on Whitechapel campus? :smile:)

Latest

Trending

Trending