The Student Room Group

What kind of jobs could I get with these following qualifications.

Hi I'm Shawn. 26 years old with ASD and Asperger Syndrome who is starting to find work after slacking for years due to mental health and depression. I've recently applied for a Store Assistant role at a local ALDI, but rather than having my eggs in one basket I want to find out what else I can qualify for in addition to the kinds of experience and transferable skills I'll have to offer? I'm aiming to try and earn my independence. I adore my family and how they've put up with me for so long, but I want to start a life of my own to get a rented place by the mid of next year preferably. What would you propose I do? One of the reasons I never worked before is confusion of what I'm actually qualified for.

Edexcel BTEC Level 1 Certificate in Performing Arts (QFC) Pass
Edexcel BTEC Level 2 Diploma in Performing Arts (QFC) Distinction
Pearson BTEC Level 3 90-Credit Diploma in Performing Arts (QCF) Double Grade Distinction Merit
Pearson BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma in Performing Arts (QCF) Triple Grade Distinction Distinction Merit

Cambridge International Level 1/Level 2 Certificate IGCSE Syllabus First Language English Grade: C(c)
OCR: General Certificate of Secondary Education: Science C(c)
OCR: General Certificate of Secondary Education: Additional Science C(c)
OCR: General Certificate of Secondary Education: Mathematics: E(e)
OCR: General Certificate of Secondary Education: F(f)

AQA: General Certificate of Secondary Education English Language speaking and listening Grade: D(d)

Trinity College London Arts Award Bronze Level 1 Award in the Arts

WJEC/CBAC General Certificate of Secondary Education grade B(b) in Art & Design.
WJEC/CBAC History: Entry 3
WJEC/CBAC Information Communication Tech: Entry 3
WJEC/CBAC Mathematics: Entry 3
WJEC/CBAC Huminites: Entry 3
WJEC/CBAC English: Entry 2
WJEC/CBAC Physical Education Entry 1
WJEC/CBAC Functional Skills ICT Entry 3: Pass

City & Guilds: Functional skills qualification in Mathematics at Entry 3
City & Guilds: Functional skills qualification in English at Level 2: Pass

OCR Level 1 National First Award in ICT: Skills for business and Webpage creation Merit
OCR Level 1 Cambridge Award in Mathematics: Calculations, ratio and direct proportion

Functional Mathematics at Entry 3: Pass

Entry Level Certificate D & T: Resistant Materials Technology: Entry 3
Religious Studies B: Entry 3

Prince's Trust: Entry 3 Award in Personal Development and Employability Skills: Interpersonal and Self Management Skills Entry 3 Credits 3: Teamwork Skills Entry 3 Credits 3

Appreciate the reply.
Hi Shawn!!

Hope you're well. Firstly, I just wanted to say, you're amazing! :smile:

With those qualifications, you could work in a variety of roles!! Personally, I'd recommend looking at NHS vacancies - they have great admin roles with opportunities to progress!!

Of course, you've mentioned retail already too but with any customer focused role, gaining experience will really open doors for you and who knows where it may lead :smile:

Hope this helps.

Aisha
Original post by aishahussain96_
Hi Shawn!!

Hope you're well. Firstly, I just wanted to say, you're amazing! :smile:

With those qualifications, you could work in a variety of roles!! Personally, I'd recommend looking at NHS vacancies - they have great admin roles with opportunities to progress!!

Of course, you've mentioned retail already too but with any customer focused role, gaining experience will really open doors for you and who knows where it may lead :smile:

Hope this helps.

Aisha

Could do that, but I'd have no idea where I'd start regarding that process. I mean where would I look and then it's case of my local area I don't know. You think these qualifications are suitable for a admin role with NHS; what does the admin roles usually involve with it? Personally I just want to rent a place and meet someone I can socially connect with where we both support one another. If I get either job at my local store and or Store Assistant role ALDI I can finally begin making plans to move out of my parents before I turn 30. Appreciate the kind reply. I took friendship details for granted by not having a mobile phone. Biggest mistake I ever made. Not as much as a luddite now as I was back then. Sorry didn't mean to get too personal. :smile:
Original post by Wanttobreakfree
Could do that, but I'd have no idea where I'd start regarding that process. I mean where would I look and then it's case of my local area I don't know. You think these qualifications are suitable for a admin role with NHS; what does the admin roles usually involve with it? Personally I just want to rent a place and meet someone I can socially connect with where we both support one another. If I get either job at my local store and or Store Assistant role ALDI I can finally begin making plans to move out of my parents before I turn 30. Appreciate the kind reply. I took friendship details for granted by not having a mobile phone. Biggest mistake I ever made. Not as much as a luddite now as I was back then. Sorry didn't mean to get too personal. :smile:

I'm happy to discuss further if you want to PM/ email me? I currently work for the NHS myself and being the same age with the same motivation (wanting to move out) - i can try to advise :smile:
I'm happy to discuss further if you want to PM/ email me? I currently work for the NHS myself and being the same age with the same motivation (wanting to move out) - i can try to advise :smile:

Being as I'm new here it won't allow me to PM you unfortunately. Understandable of course don't want any random person the community has zero familiarity harassing other students and stuff. Can we get around this if you post me one first or is it the same either-end considering lack of general familiarity community needs to have towards me first?
(edited 3 years ago)
job market is tough atm look for oppurtunities
Original post by wolfieboi_
job market is tough atm look for oppurtunities

Any chance you could elaborate on what you mean by that; the opportunities part not the job marketing being tough right now.
Being as I'm new here it won't allow me to PM you unfortunately. Understandable of course don't want any random person the community has zero familiarity harassing other students and stuff. Can we get around this if you post me one first or is it the same either-end considering lack of general familiarity community needs to have towards me first?

i've sent you a message :smile:
i've sent you a message :smile:

Sadly it won't let me read it. That's okay it just means I need to be more sociable on here. I'll keep in mind your kindness and when I unlock the PM feature I'll get back to you. :smile:
its no problem - just email me on [email protected] :smile:

Apologies if you're busy.

Hi, you have to have been a member of the site for 3 days to unlock PMs :smile:
Can’t assist with the job hunting, but good luck!
Reply 11
Hi I'm Shawn. 26 years old with ASD and Asperger Syndrome who is starting to find work after slacking for years due to mental health and depression. I've recently applied for a Store Assistant role at a local ALDI, but rather than having my eggs in one basket I want to find out what else I can qualify for in addition to the kinds of experience and transferable skills I'll have to offer? I'm aiming to try and earn my independence. I adore my family and how they've put up with me for so long, but I want to start a life of my own to get a rented place by the mid of next year preferably. What would you propose I do? One of the reasons I never worked before is confusion of what I'm actually qualified for.

Edexcel BTEC Level 1 Certificate in Performing Arts (QFC) Pass
Edexcel BTEC Level 2 Diploma in Performing Arts (QFC) Distinction
Pearson BTEC Level 3 90-Credit Diploma in Performing Arts (QCF) Double Grade Distinction Merit
Pearson BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma in Performing Arts (QCF) Triple Grade Distinction Distinction Merit

Cambridge International Level 1/Level 2 Certificate IGCSE Syllabus First Language English Grade: C(c)
OCR: General Certificate of Secondary Education: Science C(c)
OCR: General Certificate of Secondary Education: Additional Science C(c)
OCR: General Certificate of Secondary Education: Mathematics: E(e)
OCR: General Certificate of Secondary Education: F(f)

AQA: General Certificate of Secondary Education English Language speaking and listening Grade: D(d)

Trinity College London Arts Award Bronze Level 1 Award in the Arts

WJEC/CBAC General Certificate of Secondary Education grade B(b) in Art & Design.
WJEC/CBAC History: Entry 3
WJEC/CBAC Information Communication Tech: Entry 3
WJEC/CBAC Mathematics: Entry 3
WJEC/CBAC Huminites: Entry 3
WJEC/CBAC English: Entry 2
WJEC/CBAC Physical Education Entry 1
WJEC/CBAC Functional Skills ICT Entry 3: Pass

City & Guilds: Functional skills qualification in Mathematics at Entry 3
City & Guilds: Functional skills qualification in English at Level 2: Pass

OCR Level 1 National First Award in ICT: Skills for business and Webpage creation Merit
OCR Level 1 Cambridge Award in Mathematics: Calculations, ratio and direct proportion

Functional Mathematics at Entry 3: Pass

Entry Level Certificate D & T: Resistant Materials Technology: Entry 3
Religious Studies B: Entry 3

Prince's Trust: Entry 3 Award in Personal Development and Employability Skills: Interpersonal and Self Management Skills Entry 3 Credits 3: Teamwork Skills Entry 3 Credits 3

Appreciate the reply.

I wonder if you might find something like this useful?

https://www.scope.org.uk/employment-services/support-to-work-register/?utm_source=Google&utm_medium=CPC&utm_campaign=tailored_ppc&utm_content=looking_for_work&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI3-_4lJOm7wIVgtayCh0tsAICEAAYASAAEgIntvD_BwE

Best of luck
Any chance you could elaborate on what you mean by that; the opportunities part not the job marketing being tough right now.

take the opportunities that come ur way
Original post by laurawatt
Hi, you have to have been a member of the site for 3 days to unlock PMs :smile:
Can’t assist with the job hunting, but good luck!

Cheers for the heads up and thanks.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending