The Student Room Group

Newcastle University A100 2022 Entry

Hi there, thanks for checking out this thread. This is the 2022 Entry discussion for Newcastle University A100.

We're now onto the 2023 application cycle, you can find the 2023 thread here. Of course, you are still welcome to browse this thread as well, but please post in the 2023 one if you have questions about Newcastle.
:biggrin:

Welcome to the Newcastle University A100 2022 Entry Discussion

Newcastle A100 2021 thread: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=6560756

For general information click: https://www.ncl.ac.uk/undergraduate/degrees/a100/#courseoverview

For entry requirements click: https://www.ncl.ac.uk/undergraduate/degrees/a100/#entryrequirements

Newcastle A100 / A101 2022 Offer Holders' thread: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7176304

General TSR rules:
(1) Please don't ask for or post group chat.
(2) Please don't ask for or post interview questions.
(3) Please don't offer to buy and sell items.

Good luck!

Post originally created by ecolier.
(edited 1 year ago)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Medicalperson222
Guys I would recommend not to go to Newcastle medical school. We have zero teaching, literally one of the worst experiences of my life.

i think any medical school would be a privilege to go to and I think Newcastle is fantastic so I'm not sure why u think that?
Hii anyone thinking of applying with partners or non partners?
omg individual threads already?? now i am panicking this is all becoming too real :rofl3:

Original post by Lalisa1
Hii anyone thinking of applying with partners or non partners?

im thinking of applying with partners, wbu?
Reply 4
Original post by dinomedic
omg individual threads already?? now i am panicking this is all becoming too real :rofl3:

Hahaha literally.
PRSOM
(edited 3 years ago)
haha yes earlier the bteer and yes im hoping to do partners too !! hopefully we can all help each other so please pop down any questions here !! : )
Original post by Lalisa1
i think any medical school would be a privilege to go to and I think Newcastle is fantastic so I'm not sure why u think that?

So do u think that all individuals have to think just like u or universally and I don't have a right to have my opinion ? Interesting view ...
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by Medicalperson222
So do u think that all individuals have to think just like u or universally and I don't have a right to have my opinion ? Interesting view ...

ok sorry you feel that way i just dont like negative views thats all : )
Reply 8
Original post by Lalisa1
haha yes earlier the bteer and yes im hoping to do partners too !! hopefully we can all help each other so please pop down any questions here !! : )

What's applying with partners? Im guessing you dont mean applying with your bf?
(Tho if you do fair enough)
Original post by Rara345

https://www.ncl.ac.uk/schools/partners/#whatispartners?

in summary if you meet certain widening participation criteria, you can take part in this programme to get a reduced offer of up to 3 grades lower than the standard offer (so for example BBB), and also ucat threshold is lower. you have to take part in their summer school in y13 in order to be eligible and firm them
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by Rara345

no that not what i mean haha its explained below by dinomedic
Original post by dinomedic
https://www.ncl.ac.uk/schools/partners/#whatispartners?

in summary if you meet certain widening participation criteria, you can take part in this programme to get a reduced offer of up to 3 grades lower than the standard offer (so for example BBB), and also ucat threshold is lower. you have to take part in their summer school in y13 in order to be eligible and firm them

Oooo cool i'll definitely check that out as I think I might have a chance tysm!

Original post by Lalisa1
no that not what i mean haha its explained below by dinomedic

Hahaha yes i see, thanks
It feels real now that this thread has been created 😊. Thank you .
I just wanted to ask are students who apply with PARTNERS and those who will come complete and apply with the Sutton trust pathways to medicine Newcastle competing against each other? (I’ve previously heard in some other thread that PARTNER applicants compete against each other rather than non contextual applicants?)
Also does doing a Sutton trust pathways to medicine allow you to apply contextually to other unis who are also running the programme? (I don’t think so but I just want to make sure :smile: )

Tysm
Original post by studentLuna
It feels real now that this thread has been created 😊. Thank you @ecolier.
I just wanted to ask are students who apply with PARTNERS and those who will come complete and apply with the Sutton trust pathways to medicine Newcastle competing against each other? (I’ve previously heard in some other thread that PARTNER applicants compete against each other rather than non contextual applicants?)
Also does doing a Sutton trust pathways to medicine allow you to apply contextually to other unis who are also running the programme? (I don’t think so but I just want to make sure :smile: )

Tysm

hi im interested in partners too!! so do u meet the criteria? also im not sure about sutton trust and i dont know if only partners compete with each othehr??
Original post by Lalisa1
hi im interested in partners too!! so do u meet the criteria? also im not sure about sutton trust and i dont know if only partners compete with each othehr??

Check the website they give this information there.
Original post by Lalisa1

Yeah i meet the criteria but I’m also doing the pathways to medicine Newcastle so I was wondering if I also have to apply to PARTNERS.
Read the partners website page but couldn’t find much out about the selection process exactly but (I could be mistaken) I read on the A100 Newcastle 2021 thread that contextual applications compete with each other instead of non contextual?? (Can’t find the exact quote) I mean it doesn’t change anything but I was just wondering if it was true.
(edited 3 years ago)
Yeah i meet the criteria but I’m also doing the pathways to medicine Newcastle so I was wondering if I also have to apply to PARTNERS.
Read the partners website page but couldn’t find much out about the selection process exactly but (I could be mistaken) I read on the A100 Newcastle 2021 thread that contextual applications compete with each other instead of non contextual?? (Can’t find the exact quote) I mean it doesn’t change anything but I was just wondering if it was true.

yeh im not sure if we compete against each other but oh well lol. also what pathway is it for medicine in newcastle.?
Original post by Lalisa1
yeh im not sure if we compete against each other but oh well lol. also what pathway is it for medicine in newcastle.?

Pathways to medicine Newcastle is a programme by Sutton Trust that helps with the applications. They offer sessions on how to reflect,write personal statements etc. They also put you through a mentor at Newcastle and run a summer school + work experience. Completion of the programme can lower your entry grades for Newcastle to BBB and lower UCAT threshold such like PARTNERS.
Pathways to medicine Newcastle is a programme by Sutton Trust that helps with the applications. They offer sessions on how to reflect,write personal statements etc. They also put you through a mentor at Newcastle and run a summer school + work experience. Completion of the programme can lower your entry grades for Newcastle to BBB and lower UCAT threshold such like PARTNERS.

so r u applying to both i think u can only apply to one summer school like u cant do parters and sutton trust.
Original post by Lalisa1
so r u applying to both i think u can only apply to one summer school like u cant do parters and sutton trust.

I’m not fully sure about this yet - but from what I understand doing the Sutton trust and PARTNERS are quite similar they both lower entry requirements if you successfully complete the programs and help with application process. I have a friend and she did pathways to medicine and also applied through PARTNERS this year as apparently they get put together in one bracket as contextual applicants?? The Sutton trust summer school is this year whilst the PARTNERS is next year right so it shouldn’t be a problem right?
I’m so confused myself 😬

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending