The Student Room Group

Police Online Assessment Centre

How did people find the Online Assessment Centre? I am currently really concerned about the competency based questions that they may ask and the briefing exercise! How did you all find them?

Scroll to see replies

Hey! I found the competency based ones ok.. honestly for me it was the briefing exercise and I'm not sure if it's because I did the entire assessment straight after a whole day of work but I just found I couldn't expand my answers as much by the end. I'm also ex military police so you think I would've found it easy!! Completed mine almost 4 weeks ago and still no results yet - so anxious 😬As long as you have some good examples of things you have experienced in your lifetime (trust me - you will) then the competency based one is basically just talking about yourself and your actions- easy peasy. Briefing exercise you get given a scenario and asked questions about what you would do.. and then more info gets added onto the original scenario to see if your answer is any different etc. Thinking outside the box more or less.Not sure if you've done it already so you may already know all of this but nevertheless, best of luck!
Reply 2
Hey! I did my OAC on 4th February and the deadline was the 10 so just over 2 weeks ago! When did you do yours and have you had results back yet? Good luck if you haven’t
Original post by _CerysP
Hey! I did my OAC on 4th February and the deadline was the 10 so just over 2 weeks ago! When did you do yours and have you had results back yet? Good luck if you haven’t

So I'm pretty similar to you I completed mine on the 3rd Feb and I think closing date was the 8th! I've not heard anything back yet and I'm constantly checking my emails 😂 you probably feel the same I imagine the wait is definitely the killer bit 😭 where did you apply if you don't mind me asking? Ill let you know when I hear something! Fingers crossed for you too🤞
Reply 4
I applied for South Wales Police! I haven’t heard back from them as of yet, but yes I’ll let you know when I do get results ☺️
Original post by _CerysP
I applied for South Wales Police! I haven’t heard back from them as of yet, but yes I’ll let you know when I do get results ☺️

Oh no way I applied for Dyfed Powys! You've had to wait a while for the online assessment then?? Did you apply back in September? I'm sure you'll do great lovely!
Reply 6
I applied in January and did the assessment centre beginning of February! I have heard that Gwent get their results for the assessment back on/around 15th March
Original post by _CerysP
I applied in January and did the assessment centre beginning of February! I have heard that Gwent get their results for the assessment back on/around 15th March

Oh right I didn't even realise they were open in Jan! Shows how up to speed I am 🤦do you know if Gwent applications were open same time as ours? I'm living my life on Google atm trying to find out 😂
Reply 8
I’m not 100% sure when they had theirs! But I hope ours is the same time as theirs, or even sooner. I’m just desperate to know how we’ve all done and where to go from here 😂
Original post by _CerysP
I’m not 100% sure when they had theirs! But I hope ours is the same time as theirs, or even sooner. I’m just desperate to know how we’ve all done and where to go from here 😂

Hey! I emailed because I was too keen to wait haha but I've just had an email back saying to expect my results 12th March so this Friday!!
Reply 10
Original post by Kateo1990
Hey! I emailed because I was too keen to wait haha but I've just had an email back saying to expect my results 12th March so this Friday!!

Hopefully you do really well! It's so soon now, I'm sure you'll do well!!
Hi, hope you don’t mind me asking. I am awaiting my results too (completed my assessments feb 6th). Do you have any experience relating to the police? I’m so worried that this will let me down
Original post by Natalie2017
Hi, hope you don’t mind me asking. I am awaiting my results too (completed my assessments feb 6th). Do you have any experience relating to the police? I’m so worried that this will let me down

I'm ex military police but with this recruitment I'm not sure it means anything because they're not looking for ex serving coppers specifically. They're just looking for people who they see are up to the task and are over all good with people and great at providing a service. I dont think it will let you down at all please don't worry because I know so many who never had experience but passed in a heartbeat. Don't be disheartened because you may be one of those people pretty soon! Have faith 😊
Reply 13

if it makes you feel better, I have not had any experience with the police before! I have only had retail working experience!
Hey both, I received my results at 1825 tonight, bit later than I expected but welcomed never the less! Passed it 😊 hope you guys have done well x
Hey both, I received my results at 1825 tonight, bit later than I expected but welcomed never the less! Passed it 😊 hope you guys have done well x

Hi, well done on passing!! Fab news
(edited 3 years ago)
I'm ex military police but with this recruitment I'm not sure it means anything because they're not looking for ex serving coppers specifically. They're just looking for people who they see are up to the task and are over all good with people and great at providing a service. I dont think it will let you down at all please don't worry because I know so many who never had experience but passed in a heartbeat. Don't be disheartened because you may be one of those people pretty soon! Have faith 😊

Hi, thank you so much. It’s so hard waiting for your results isn’t it 😂
Original post by _CerysP
if it makes you feel better, I have not had any experience with the police before! I have only had retail working experience!

That definitely helps, thank you. My background is retail too
Reply 18
That’s quite late! I still haven’t received mine, but congratulations ☺️ That’s amazing news and I bet you’re so pleased! That’s so good and so proud of you x
Hi, well done on passing!! Fab news

Thank you lovely let me know how you get on when you find out!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending