The Student Room Group

F1 Racing

Anyone else super excited for the races to start again??? I've grown up around them but only recently have genuinely found an interest in following and watching.

My dad makes parts for the McLaren cars so I will always support them!

Who is your least favourite driver? Leclerc just gives me bad vibes and (although it's the whole point) I'm sick of Hamilton winning over and over again lol.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I don't watch any sports. But, my ninety year old grandfather has watched F1 since it began in 1950.
There’s a F1 thread which I’m sure someone will tag.

I’m a McLaren supporter so support both drivers, but my first favourite driver was Alonso.

Least favourite driver I don’t really have one, maybe Verstappen.
Original post by kke.cr_
Anyone else super excited for the races to start again??? I've grown up around them but only recently have genuinely found an interest in following and watching.

Yep. I got very lucky and attended the 1999 Italian GP (Monza), with a personal tour of the Ferrari pits (just after qualifying, whilst they were working on the cars) and a pit lane pass.

Original post by kke.cr_

I commute in a 12C.

Original post by kke.cr_
Who is your least favourite driver? Leclerc just gives me bad vibes and (although it's the whole point) I'm sick of Hamilton winning over and over again lol.

Probably Ricciardo - he just comes across as so arrogant. I like Hamilton, and his obvious skill, although he has had a challenge (at times) with Bottas. I'd love to see George Russell in a better car.
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 4
Original post by RogerOxon
Yep. I got very lucky and attended the 1999 Italian GP (Monza), with a personal tour of the Ferrari pits (just after qualifying, whilst they were working on the cars) and a pit lane pass.

I commute in a 12C.

Probably Ricciardo - he just comes across as so arrogant. I like Hamilton, and his obvious skill, although he has had a challenge (at times) with Bottas. I'd love to see George Russell in a better car.

I'm so jealous - I'd love to watch a race in person!

I get the arrogant vibe more from Leclerc for some reason... To be fair I think they all need some level of arrogance to succeed, but some have more than others and it can be annoying.
Reply 5
Original post by kke.cr_

Same, I have always known about the sport but just recently liked it a lot. I'm looking forward to the new season I'm definitely going to watch it this year. Also looking forward to Lando and Daniel on the same team, that should be funny
I actually don't mind Leclerc, I'm not a fan of Stroll personally, I' say he gives bad vibes
Original post by kke.cr_

yess absolutely! I have watched F1 for my entire life - literally! I was born on the morning of the German GP and was home in time to sit with my dad and watch it as a newborn baby :lol:

McLaren will always be my favourite team - I grew up loving whoever my dad loved, and as I got older, I had my own opinions but we found they usually aligned with one another :lol: I also hold a special place in my heart for Williams - they just seem like such a lovely team to work for and so family-oriented, regardless of success. I hope they can have a good bounce back in the future back to where they belong :yep:

My least favourite drivers are, without a doubt, Stroll and Bottas. This is because I believe neither of them belong there. Stroll is there by default because his dad is rich, and Bottas is in the SAME CAR as Hamilton yet is miles behind. It's embarrassing and he just isn't good enough for Mercedes. I liked when he was at Williams but now he's just being kept there as a weak backup :colonhash: I'm so ready for Russell to go there lol.

Hamilton is an egotistical, insincere and hypocritical. But he is an excellent racer.
Original post by Kim.023
Also looking forward to Lando and Daniel on the same team, that should be funny

Me too :lol:

Lando is my favourite. My dad is saying I must marry him :colonhash:
Original post by parmezanne
yess absolutely! I have watched F1 for my entire life - literally! I was born on the morning of the German GP and was home in time to sit with my dad and watch it as a newborn baby :lol:

McLaren will always be my favourite team - I grew up loving whoever my dad loved, and as I got older, I had my own opinions but we found they usually aligned with one another :lol: I also hold a special place in my heart for Williams - they just seem like such a lovely team to work for and so family-oriented, regardless of success. I hope they can have a good bounce back in the future back to where they belong :yep:

My least favourite drivers are, without a doubt, Stroll and Bottas. This is because I believe neither of them belong there. Stroll is there by default because his dad is rich, and Bottas is in the SAME CAR as Hamilton yet is miles behind. It's embarrassing and he just isn't good enough for Mercedes. I liked when he was at Williams but now he's just being kept there as a weak backup :colonhash: I'm so ready for Russell to go there lol.

Hamilton is an egotistical, insincere and hypocritical. But he is an excellent racer.

I respect you Parmezanne my friend - always support the home team.

I disagree with you about Stroll and Bottas. Valterri always qualifies close to Hamilton and has beaten him a few times,. but in the race he is happy to be second. Stroll hasn't been too bad, he is definitely not the worst driver on the grid. He did well in the junior categories (helped by his dad ofc) and he got a pole and a few podiums this season.

Lewis is Lewis.

Lando and Daniel won't be best of friends I think. They already look a bit awkward and I think Daniel will walk over Lando. Ricciardo and Verstappen were neck and neck, and if you compare, Verstappen beat Sainz comfortably, who outscored Norris.

Lando is a great driver though. I just hate his fan girls. :biggrin:
Reply 9

Love that, I'm pretty new to it all but Lando seems alright, i think he'll get to show how good he is this year. w/ Daniel it's going to be competitive so it will be entertaining for sure
Original post by Driving_Mad
I respect you Parmezanne my friend - always support the home team.

I disagree with you about Stroll and Bottas. Valterri always qualifies close to Hamilton and has beaten him a few times,. but in the race he is happy to be second. Stroll hasn't been too bad, he is definitely not the worst driver on the grid. He did well in the junior categories (helped by his dad ofc) and he got a pole and a few podiums this season.

Lewis is Lewis.

Lando and Daniel won't be best of friends I think. They already look a bit awkward and I think Daniel will walk over Lando. Ricciardo and Verstappen were neck and neck, and if you compare, Verstappen beat Sainz comfortably, who outscored Norris.

Lando is a great driver though. I just hate his fan girls. :biggrin:

:lol:

And fair enough. I don't mind Stroll as a character, but I can't help but feel like his career was fueled from money, not pure talent :redface:

Lewis is more and more dislikeable as the years go on, but I will always support him over Bottas (in terms of pure talent)! Bottas never overtakes, he never wants to be dareish, and that sets him apart.

I kind of agree - but I hope that it makes them both more competitive. I like Lando for his talent and supporting a British driver and my favourite team, not because he's attractive :lol: I like F1 - I'm not just in it for their looks! :yep:
:lol:

And fair enough. I don't mind Stroll as a character, but I can't help but feel like his career was fueled from money, not pure talent :redface:

Lewis is more and more dislikeable as the years go on, but I will always support him over Bottas (in terms of pure talent)! Bottas never overtakes, he never wants to be dareish, and that sets him apart.

I kind of agree - but I hope that it makes them both more competitive. I like Lando for his talent and supporting a British driver and my favourite team, not because he's attractive :lol: I like F1 - I'm not just in it for their looks! :yep:

Yeah I thought the same as you about Stroll first, but it feels like he has proven that he does have some talent at least.

Lando is a good guy. Hopefully he and Daniel can take Mclaren to third again in the Constructors, although 2022 is the priority.
Yeah I thought the same as you about Stroll first, but it feels like he has proven that he does have some talent at least.

Lando is a good guy. Hopefully he and Daniel can take Mclaren to third again in the Constructors, although 2022 is the priority.

I hope so too :yep:
Reply 13
Mclaren or Aston Martin, gotta back the English teams, stroll is a very average driver and his dad is the only reason he's in formula 1, Dani Ricardo or Kimi are my favourite, their both absolutely hilarious.
Original post by janty1
Mclaren or Aston Martin, gotta back the English teams

Ehhhhh... They're about as English as a Vauxhall. British name, British drivers, German powered.
Original post by kke.cr_

I support Leclerc, I saw his drive to survive with dad, it was the first one I saw and I was instantly hooked. Latifi, Stroll and Mazapin all give me bad vibes though.
Reply 16
Original post by kke.cr_

Mazepin's performance was beautiful today: Spinning four times across practice and quali, then crashing turn three; literally couldn't have gone better
Original post by roo02
Mazepin's performance was beautiful today: Spinning four times across practice and quali, then crashing turn three; literally couldn't have gone better

Stop with the hating already. It’s clearly the car, Mick had the same spin but luckily his car didn’t crash into the barriers.

Two young guys will take time to adapt to a very difficult car, expect many more spins from both
Reply 18
Stop with the hating already. It’s clearly the car, Mick had the same spin but luckily his car didn’t crash into the barriers.

Two young guys will take time to adapt to a very difficult car, expect many more spins from both

i think people's main issue with Mazepin is the fact that he's apparently not a very good person. I don't know much about it or any details but from what I've seen, it's more of an issue with the guy than his abilities, so people generally take pleasure in his bad performances due to outside factors.

from what i've heard, there was some sort of sexual assault incident with a video on instagram and also he punched another driver. i heard this through a tweet though so idk how reliable it is.
Original post by kke.cr_
i think people's main issue with Mazepin is the fact that he's apparently not a very good person. I don't know much about it or any details but from what I've seen, it's more of an issue with the guy than his abilities, so people generally take pleasure in his bad performances due to outside factors.

from what i've heard, there was some sort of sexual assault incident with a video on instagram and also he punched another driver. i heard this through a tweet though so idk how reliable it is.

Yes I saw the video. My take from it was that the woman was saying no because the guy was filming it. She was even sucking her finger, but he shouldn’t have done what he did and didn’t get punished because of his wealth

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending