The Student Room Group

Second Undergraduate Degree Veterinary Medicine

Hey there, I'm hoping you can give me some guidance on financing a second undergraduate degree. My situation is a bit different in that I'm Irish. I'm currently in my final year of a BSc in Biomedical Science in Ireland and am hoping to study Veterinary Medicine as a second undergraduate degree in the UK, starting in 2022. I've heard/read conflicting things regarding the financial assistance available in this situation, so I'm really hoping you can clear this up for me. It also seems that the fees vary between Universities, which makes it all quite confusing. If this is not the right place to ask about this, maybe you'd be able to point me in the direction of someone who can help or some numbers to call? Thank you in advance!
Original post by rebeccadillon
Hey there, I'm hoping you can give me some guidance on financing a second undergraduate degree. My situation is a bit different in that I'm Irish. I'm currently in my final year of a BSc in Biomedical Science in Ireland and am hoping to study Veterinary Medicine as a second undergraduate degree in the UK, starting in 2022. I've heard/read conflicting things regarding the financial assistance available in this situation, so I'm really hoping you can clear this up for me. It also seems that the fees vary between Universities, which makes it all quite confusing. If this is not the right place to ask about this, maybe you'd be able to point me in the direction of someone who can help or some numbers to call? Thank you in advance!

Hi Rebecca, are you from NI or ROI? Is the course part time or full time? Will your course lead on to you becoming qualified as a veterinary surgeon?
Thanks, Isaac
Original post by SFE Isaac
Hi Rebecca, are you from NI or ROI? Is the course part time or full time? Will your course lead on to you becoming qualified as a veterinary surgeon?
Thanks, Isaac

Hi Isaac,
I’m from ROI and it would be a full time course. Yes, veterinary medicine would lead to a full veterinary surgeon qualification, but it is a Bachelor’s degree, so my level of qualification would be staying the same.
Thanks, Rebecca
Hi Isaac,
I’m from ROI and it would be a full time course. Yes, veterinary medicine would lead to a full veterinary surgeon qualification, but it is a Bachelor’s degree, so my level of qualification would be staying the same.
Thanks, Rebecca

You should be entitled to receive a Maintenance Loan only, no tuition fee loan.
Thanks, Isaac
Original post by SFE Isaac
You should be entitled to receive a Maintenance Loan only, no tuition fee loan.
Thanks, Isaac

Thanks so much for your response Isaac
Thanks so much for your response Isaac

You're welcome :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending