The Student Room Group

Eduqas GCSE English Language Retake nov 2020

is anyone doing this exam-board? I thought I might make a thread so we can talk about how we feel about the test since no one else made one for Eduqas. Im scared for the next paper tomorrow... and how did you guys find the first paper?
(edited 3 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

omg, i was looking for someone who was doing the same exam board as me, I haven't actually seen a lot of people who are sitting it, thank god. Honestly, I think I flopped it lol. The things that I was writing about seemed like 'waffle'. in the question about her though and feelings i said that the removal of the horse was metaphorical to how she felt like something valuable had been taken away from her (LOOL i have failed this). But good vibes only I guess, hoping for the best. How about you?

Paper 2 I think will be easier but I fear the transactional writing especially if there is report writing (eek)

Good luck on Paper 2 anyway!
Reply 2
Original post by dilutedeyes
omg, i was looking for someone who was doing the same exam board as me, I haven't actually seen a lot of people who are sitting it, thank god. Honestly, I think I flopped it lol. The things that I was writing about seemed like 'waffle'. in the question about her though and feelings i said that the removal of the horse was metaphorical to how she felt like something valuable had been taken away from her (LOOL i have failed this). But good vibes only I guess, hoping for the best. How about you?

Paper 2 I think will be easier but I fear the transactional writing especially if there is report writing (eek)

OMG FINALLY SOMEBODY REPLIED LOOOL. YOUR WAFFLE SOUNDS GOOD WTF MINE IS SO BAD. For the thoughts and feelings I said something about how the writer creates visual imagery as the verb "burst" creates the imagery that she exploded into tears and tactile imagery as the verb "swelling" allowed the reader to feel sensations of panic building up within them (THE WAFFLE KEKEKE) also how the narrator feels with the use of description about sweat and how the writer showed embarrassment and how she's always panicking etc... now that I think about it I think I did bad :frown: if there's less people taking the test is the grade boundaries gonna be higher or lower.... IM SO SCARED NOW I KEEP THINKING ABOUT WHAT I COULD'VE WROTE.

Hopefully paper 2 us good im gonna do one more paper then go to sleep. report isn't too bad for me its the reviewww that's terrible

Hopefully we can talk about paper 2 tomorrow :biggrin:
(edited 3 years ago)

Hope everything went well and you got what you wanted!!! Quick question what were the transactional questions?
Original post by lollsss123
Hope everything went well and you got what you wanted!!! Quick question what were the transactional questions?

Omd this was soo long ago haha. Umm, if I can remember it was an article for a magazine and I think it was a report. I can’t remember off the top of my head though.
Omd this was soo long ago haha. Umm, if I can remember it was an article for a magazine and I think it was a report. I can’t remember off the top of my head though.

THANK YOU SOOO MUCH!!! i have a paper tomorrow you have literally saved me
Reply 6
Good luck for tomorrow! Although I’m still not sure, one of them was definitely a article in a magazine about how to survive school and the other one was a speech/ presentation about a hobby that interests you ?¿ my sincere apologies if I’m wrong. Good luck once again!

Was the second one a report or a speech?can u remember wat u roughly wrote.Please could someone reply
Again, I’m not really sure but I am leaning more towards it being a speech(?¿). To be on the safe side practice an answer for both a report and speech. Good luck!

These papers are locked - its against forum rules to share details.
Ahh wasn’t aware, thank you for telling me! (;

People are trying to cheat ...
Original post by Safi5
Was the second one a report or a speech?can u remember wat u roughly wrote.Please could someone reply

a speech (talk)

Hello guys!! just wondering if you guys took the aqa english poetry exam as a retake? if so, do you remember the question? thank you very much, you all seem like very nice people!! :smile:
Original post by jasondilaurentis
Hello guys!! just wondering if you guys took the aqa english poetry exam as a retake? if so, do you remember the question? thank you very much, you all seem like very nice people!! :smile:

i do love and relationships and i asked a girl and she said she only remembered the poem was walking away- on that note for my mocks next week we got given 6 poems (climbing my grandfather, eden rock, walking away, before you were mine, follower and mother any distance) and the theme for that is parent/child relationships
i do love and relationships and i asked a girl and she said she only remembered the poem was walking away- on that note for my mocks next week we got given 6 poems (climbing my grandfather, eden rock, walking away, before you were mine, follower and mother any distance) and the theme for that is parent/child relationships

Oh my goodness, thank you vey much for your kind services ma'am/sir! :smile:
Reply 13
Original post by jasondilaurentis

does anyone have the paper 1 for english language
Original post by saharla03
is anyone doing this exam-board? I thought I might make a thread so we can talk about how we feel about the test since no one else made one for Eduqas. Im scared for the next paper tomorrow... and how did you guys find the first paper?

Anyone remember what title/prompt you went with for your creative writing on paper 1?

can someone please tell me what section A of paper was about and how did you analyse it
(edited 3 years ago)

Hey there! do you remember anything for paper 1 Section A and paper 2 sections A + B? If so, could you please share? If not, it's understandable :smile: Thank you. Have a nice day.

Do you remember what came up in the creative writing section as the prompts?
Hi! Just seen this thread and I’m interested if the Language Paper 2 was on Africa and what the speech was on? I’ve got the November 2020 Paper 2 on Tuesday and I’ve got no motivational so I’d really appreciate it if you could help? Thank you.
Original post by gcsemocks2021
Hi! Just seen this thread and I’m interested if the Language Paper 2 was on Africa and what the speech was on? I’ve got the November 2020 Paper 2 on Tuesday and I’ve got no motivational so I’d really appreciate it if you could help? Thank you.

You should be able to find the papers on the eduqas website as they have been released as examiners reports

Quick Reply

Latest