The Student Room Group

Police Constable Online Assessment Centre

Hi everyone,

After applying for South Wales Police in January I have finally received my email invitations to complete the 3 stages of the Online Assessment Centre.

I’m wondering if anyone has completed this and if so, what was it like & do you have any advice?

I don’t have to do the SJT so the first part is the interview questions & I’m not afraid to admit I’m panicking. I’ve got until Monday to complete everything!!

Scroll to see replies

I've got through to assesment centre but haven't been given assesment centre dates for the online interview stage yet, I'm guessing it's going to take atleast another month or two to hear anything back, good luck on your test, type in blue light assesment centre help into YouTube, he offers a really good guide to the Covid version of the assesment centre!
Read and understand the CVF, which you should have received a copy of (or at least a link to).

Practice answering any questions with reference to the CVF. Do not try and simply tell cool stories. It doesn't matter how boring or trite your answers are - they must be in the context of the CVF for you to do well.

For example, if you are asked to talk about a time you demonstrated leadership - if you tell a story about how you once grabbed the controls of a passenger airliner after the pilot got food poisoning; that will not be as good an answer as saying how you were in charge of t-shirts for the singers in the school play - if for the school play story, you articulate how you took ownership of the task, worked with others to achieve xyz, delivered on your task competently, were open minded to the input of others and to different options available and blah blah blah.
Original post by jrp353
Hi everyone,

After applying for South Wales Police in January I have finally received my email invitations to complete the 3 stages of the Online Assessment Centre.

I’m wondering if anyone has completed this and if so, what was it like & do you have any advice?

I don’t have to do the SJT so the first part is the interview questions & I’m not afraid to admit I’m panicking. I’ve got until Monday to complete everything!!

Hi, completed my online assessment on February 6th, just wondering how long for results as I can find information anywhere. Thanks
Reply 4
Original post by Mikey9464
Hi, completed my online assessment on February 6th, just wondering how long for results as I can find information anywhere. Thanks

It took about 6 weeks for me to get my result, but I kept logging into the portal to check weekly haha
Original post by jrp353
It took about 6 weeks for me to get my result, but I kept logging into the portal to check weekly haha

Thanks for the information. I am so nervous, it’s true job I really want to do and the waiting is really hard
Reply 6
Have any of you got an invitation to the final interview? I am soo worried for mine which I think is the next step
Reply 7
Original post by Mikey9464
Thanks for the information. I am so nervous, it’s true job I really want to do and the waiting is really hard

Well I’ve got my fingers firmly crossed for you mate; I’m sure it’ll all come together for you.
Reply 8
Original post by jrp353
Well I’ve got my fingers firmly crossed for you mate; I’m sure it’ll all come together for you.

Hello, I know you completed it 6 months ago but how did it go? I have applied for Fast Track to Detective and have my force interview in a couple of weeks!
Original post by _CerysP
Have any of you got an invitation to the final interview? I am soo worried for mine which I think is the next step

Hi! I got an email yesterday saying I passed the online assessments. I haven't received an email telling me to book an interview yet. Have you received yours yet?

What force did you apply for x
Reply 10
Original post by _CerysP
Hello, I know you completed it 6 months ago but how did it go? I have applied for Fast Track to Detective and have my force interview in a couple of weeks!

Truthfully, the process wasn’t as painful as I expected but it was very drawn out. I went long periods without hearing a thing, but when things get going it seems like a mad dash to the finish.
Reply 11
I am taking my online assessment this week. I didn't have to take the SJT as this wasn't required for the MET. I have completed the Competency based interview and the written exercise. I am taking the Briefing exercise today.

It was distracting looking at yourself on camera but I blurred by face and looked directly into the camera as the guidance suggested.

I have a few questions if anyone has had to retake...
Are all the exercises marked as one?
Will I have to retake all 3 of the exercises or just the ones I failed on?

I was offered a place at a Practice2Progress workshop for free. Did anyone do the same workshop?

Did anyone buy any resources to help them prepare? I bought a few from How2Become, not sure they were all that helpful though.
Reply 12
Original post by jrp353

Did you get your results by email or did you have to keep checking the portal?
Did they tell you how you had done on each exercise or just whether you had failed or passed?
Thanks
Reply 13
Original post by RahSian
Did you get your results by email or did you have to keep checking the portal?
Did they tell you how you had done on each exercise or just whether you had failed or passed?
Thanks

I refreshed my portal and it updated but got an email about half hour after my portal updated and it did not tell me a percentage or anything, mine just aid successful!
Reply 14
Original post by jrp353
Truthfully, the process wasn’t as painful as I expected but it was very drawn out. I went long periods without hearing a thing, but when things get going it seems like a mad dash to the finish.

I hope it is not that much longer! I am in the final stages now and just hope it is like a mad dash to the finish
Any final interview tips would be much appreciated, I’m at that stage with GMP 😄
Original post by SameenaKhan
Hi! I got an email yesterday saying I passed the online assessments. I haven't received an email telling me to book an interview yet. Have you received yours yet?

What force did you apply for x

Hey
I applied and I’m just waiting for the outcome to my online assessment, how did your interview go ?
Hello, does anyone else have their online assessment for GMP around the 12th-19th. I have had the online assessment prep today and there were a few us on the call, is there anyone on here with the same date of assessment or anyone who can offer tips?
How long did you have to wait before you heard about doing the online assessment? I found out on the 10th that I passed the SJT. Next step online assessments?
Reply 19
Does anyone here know if you're guaranteed to get into the online assessments stage if you passed the eligibility checks, or can they only put through a limited number of candidates?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending