The Student Room Group

Sarah Everard: Missing 33-year old in South London

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Napp
A truly heinous act, unfortunately one that isnt nearly rare enough though. As much as it pains me to point out, the only thing that makes this example particularly newsworthy is the fact the poor woman was a middle class lady and the villain here was a ranking police officer. Women suffer far to much in this regard from vermin who think they have the right to murder someone for no reason what so ever.

It is extremely rare. But if you mean “rare enough so as to not exist” then I’d completely agree.
Original post by The RAR
I am genuinely really shocked. Like how can a police officer, a police officer out of all people just do something like this? Now if it was an ex-boyfriend of hers or something I wouldn't be THAT surprised but seems like the officer had no relations with her, which makes this very shocking.
I was shocked that the officer was involved in her disappearance and even more shocked he could have murdered her. Now if this event was random and they didn't know each other I really don't know what to say. How are you meant to stay safe out there when there are POLICE roaming the streets wanting to hurt you? It's hella ****ed up

Obviously there's a lot to get to the bottom of for investigators, but given that men who do this kind of thing typically have a track record of doing the same or similar things in the past, it does point to a big failure of vetting when he was employed. I assume he has been quite cunning at not being caught before. Possibly there will be previous murders of women to look into and they will be comparing this with many previous cases.
Original post by Fullofsurprises
Obviously there's a lot to get to the bottom of for investigators, but given that men who do this kind of thing typically have a track record of doing the same or similar things in the past, it does point to a big failure of vetting when he was employed. I assume he has been quite cunning at not being caught before. Possibly there will be previous murders of women to look into and they will be comparing this with many previous cases.

He is also being questioned about an unrelated case of indecent exposure. Very odd. Flashers and voyeurs are normally seen as a breed apart from other sex offenders.
Reply 43
Possibly there will be previous murders of women to look into and they will be comparing this with many previous cases.

Quite. Woudn't be surprised if he turns out to be a serial killer.
Jess Phillips reading out the list of women killed by men in the last 12 months was powerful - it really shows women are not safe on the streets from men. Why is it the UK STILL is a country where a woman will be killed simply for being a woman? And before the usual suspects pipe up with "Not all men" well I'm sorry but it's "Yes enough men".

Every woman will have experienced some form of sexual harrassment in her lifetime. Men need to do more to stop this, we must 1) teach men not to commit these crimes through regular training sessions in school and in the workplace, 2) men need to start calling out other men who catcall, make jokes, and threaten other women. I'm tired of seeing story after story of male on female violence.
Reply 45
Something I was thinking about earlier, whilst being bludgeoned by moronic self righteous Instagram posts that seems to be bereft of any point other than stirring up animosity on this
They all share the same theme of ‘it’s all men’s whore rapists and murderers, it doesn’t matter that it’s an Infinitismall number who actually do this as the rest should take responsibility’ now this is being said by the same people who get uppity about profiling in other cases, does anyone else notice the egregious hypocrisy on that they’re using the exact logic they decry as evil and racist when used about the black community, and others, for problems there?

This isn’t to detract from the horror of this event or that there are decidedly issues surrounding gender based violence still. But I thought it worth pointing out that these amusing little people on social media (probably only posting to get likes of were honest) don’t seem to hace a clue about what’s going on, nor overly care and are merely using this tragedy as an excuse to advance their queer ideology. Shame.
Reply 46
Original post by Azagthoa
All men are complicit in misogyny. Jess Phillips reading out the list of women killed by men in the last 12 months was powerful - it really shows women are not safe on the streets from men. Why is it the UK STILL is a country where a woman will be killed simply for being a woman? And before the usual suspects pipe up with "Not all men" well I'm sorry but it's "Yes enough men".

Every woman will have experienced some form of sexual harrassment in her lifetime. Men need to do more to stop this, we must 1) teach men not to commit these crimes through regular training sessions in school and in the workplace, 2) men need to start calling out other men who catcall, make jokes, and threaten other women. I'm tired of seeing story after story of male on female violence. Men, it's time to start taking responsibility for you and your gender's actions.

Nice to note your bigotry had moved on from racism to being a sexist 😂 even better that you have served as a case in point for the prior comment in not only is this rank ignorant sexism on your part but you’d use the tragic murder of a woman to advance a perverse political agenda. Disposable in my book.
Reply 47

teach men not to commit these crimes through regular training sessions in school and in the workplace

Wait....Hang on a minute.... Are you saying it's actually immoral and unlawful to kidknap, rape and murder random women in the street? Good Lord, I had no idea! In all my 30 years of life nobody ever once taught me that. I mean I probably wouldn't have done something like that anyway, it always struck me as being somewhat 'not cricket', but now I know for certain, I'll be making doubly sure that I don't do it. Thank God you came along and informed me of this.
Is it too late to hope that she is still alive?
The police didn't know she'd been killed for sure for a long time, whereas they are evidently already sure of that in this case.

Encouraging to see men tweeting this evening about how they can make the streets safer for women. So often these things turn into a partial blame game about how women need to be more careful, it's our fault for being provocative or too willing to be out at night on our own, etc.

That thread on Twitter was very helpful. Men and women were actually making an effort to understand each other and have a civil discourse about serious issues. Getting advice from women about how to make them feel safer in the streets at night can actually benefit both the women and the men in some cases. :smile:

Of course today everyone’s gone back to screaming and yelling at each other because thats become the primary function of Twitter these days.
Original post by StarLinyx
Is it too late to hope that she is still alive?

If she is alive, someone else is dead because the police have found human remains.
Jess Phillips reading out the list of women killed by men in the last 12 months was powerful - it really shows women are not safe on the streets from men. Why is it the UK STILL is a country where a woman will be killed simply for being a woman? And before the usual suspects pipe up with "Not all men" well I'm sorry but it's "Yes enough men".

Every woman will have experienced some form of sexual harrassment in her lifetime. Men need to do more to stop this, we must 1) teach men not to commit these crimes through regular training sessions in school and in the workplace, 2) men need to start calling out other men who catcall, make jokes, and threaten other women. I'm tired of seeing story after story of male on female violence.

Is posts like this which make me more disgusted than the crime itself. I knew this incident would be used to **** on men. What are you suggesting, that men should have their freedoms restricted just to satisfy your bubble? Or maybe even the very presence of men shouldn't exist? This was a single, unfortunate incident of a man killing a woman, nothing more, nothing less and I am sure the family don't want this incident to be politicized. They simply want justice.
Take your sexist ******** and **** off. And Jess Philips is a laughable MP, the same woman that laughed at issues faced by men.
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by The RAR
Is posts like this which make me more disgusted than the crime itself. I knew this incident would be used to **** on men. What are you suggesting, that men should have their freedoms restricted just to satisfy your bubble? Or maybe even the very presence of men shouldn't exist? This was a single, unfortunate incident of a man killing a woman, nothing more, nothing less and I am sure the family don't want this incident to be politicized. They simply want justice.
Take your sexist ******** and **** off. And Jess Philips is a laughable MP, the same woman that laughed at issues faced by men.

A post on a forum makes you more disgusted than the murder of an innocent woman? Wow, that really shows your priorities in life, you are clearly an extremely disturbed individual.

This is not a 'single incident'. Male on female violence happens with disturbing regularity, it took Jess Phillips almost 5 minutes to read out that list of names. I guess that point did not reach you. The family probably do not want this incident to happen to anyone else, and for that to happen we need to draw attention to the issue of male violence. Please act more maturely and recognise the issues affecting society. Just recently, a study was published showing almost all women in the UK have been sexually harrassed: https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/mar/10/almost-all-young-women-in-the-uk-have-been-sexually-harassed-survey-finds. It is time for men to face up to this and start to engage with issues affecting women.
Original post by harrysbar
This user is well known to be racist and now sexist as well

Where did the racism come from? And not jumping on the bandwagon of bashing men makes me sexist? Go figure
Original post by The RAR
Where did the racism come from? And not jumping on the bandwagon of bashing men makes me sexist? Go figure

Azagthoa is well known as a racist troll by users on the Coronavirus Megathread - his worst examples of racism will have been reported and removed and I guess he's getting bored of being ignored on that thread now
(edited 3 years ago)
A post on a forum makes you more disgusted than the murder of an innocent woman? Wow, that really shows your priorities in life, you are clearly an extremely disturbed individual.

This is not a 'single incident'. Male on female violence happens with disturbing regularity, it took Jess Phillips almost 5 minutes to read out that list of names. I guess that point did not reach you. The family probably do not want this incident to happen to anyone else, and for that to happen we need to draw attention to the issue of male violence. Please act more maturely and recognise the issues affecting society. Just recently, a study was published showing almost all women in the UK have been sexually harrassed: https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/mar/10/almost-all-young-women-in-the-uk-have-been-sexually-harassed-survey-finds. It is time for men to face up to this and start to engage with issues affecting women.

Right, and you think they were killed just for being women? None gets killed just for being of a certain gender, certainly not in the UK. If the stats have been around 40 women being killed by men, everyone will still throw a tantrum but if the genders were reversed none will give a toss. Femicide is not a thing in the UK, maybe in Latin America but certainly not in the UK.

Why should innocent men somehow take responsibility for the actions of other wicked people just because they share the same gender? It's so stupid, extremely stupid.

Yes I have seen the stat, though their experiences are VERY different to what happened to this woman. They got catcalled or had some weirdo whooing at them, this woman got kidnapped, killed and was probably disfigured before having her body buried. To lump these two together is a huge insult to what happened to the victim.
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by The RAR
Jokes on you I never had any of my coronavirus related posts getting deleted, if I had I would have received notifications about them.

There has been some confusion. I was saying that Azagthoa is considered a racist troll by regular commentors on the coronavirus megathread so I'm not surprised to see that they have a sexist as well as racist outlook.

Was not commenting on you at all - I will edit my posts above to make that clearer
(edited 3 years ago)
There has been some confusion. I was saying that Azagthoa is considered a racist troll by regular commentors on the coronavirus megathread so I'm not surprised to see that they have a sexist as well as racist outlook.

Was not commenting on you at all - I will edit my posts above to make that clearer

Ohhhh my apologies then! Is just when I said "And not jumping on the bandwagon of bashing men makes me sexist? Go figure" and you didn't comment on it I kept assuming your comments were meant for me. No worries I will delete them
Original post by The RAR
Ohhhh my apologies then! Is just when I said "And not jumping on the bandwagon of bashing men makes me sexist? Go figure" and you didn't comment on it I kept assuming your comments were meant for me. No worries I will delete them

I'm sorry I wasn't clear but have edited now
Azagthoa is well known to be racist and now sexist as well

A ridiculous and nasty lie. I am a passionate antiracist and feminist. Please stop these personal attacks and engage with my points. Why do you think it is acceptable for women to live their lives in fear of male violence?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending