The Student Room Group

Edinburgh Postgraduate Application Thread 2021

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by 2455left
Best of luck in waiting until March 31st! It can feel impossible! :smile:

I got an email from them saying I'd have to wait till May 15th, so I'm just going to put on my clown makeup and wait here 🙃

March 15th, you'll get there soon, all the best! I'm sure your application is great, don't second-guess yourself!
Hi everyone, I'm an international student from the U.S. and I've applied for two programs at Edinburgh (MSc International Relations and MSc International Relations of the Middle East). Anyone else here applying for programs in the politics department?

I'm also a little paranoid because the application status for one of my applications has been updated to "on hold", and it makes me nervous that they decided I'm not good enough for this application round and they're holding me off until the next one. Also paranoid about applying to two programs at once. Basically just lots of paranoia :smile:
Original post by sourcaro
Hi everyone, I'm an international student from the U.S. and I've applied for two programs at Edinburgh (MSc International Relations and MSc International Relations of the Middle East). Anyone else here applying for programs in the politics department?

I'm also a little paranoid because the application status for one of my applications has been updated to "on hold", and it makes me nervous that they decided I'm not good enough for this application round and they're holding me off until the next one. Also paranoid about applying to two programs at once. Basically just lots of paranoia :smile:

Hi! I'm also an international student from the U.S. :smile: and applied to the Sociology and Global Change MSc (which is in the School of Political Science)! I wouldn't worry too much about your application being "on hold". I've heard a lot of other people say it's very common and not a bad thing! They just want to look at every application before making a final decision! Can I ask when you applied? I submitted my application in early December and my status is still at "new" -_- . I did receive an email from the admissions department saying its taking 8+ weeks from the time you submit your application to the time you get your decision. I guess we just have to be patient! Best of luck to you!
Original post by BenRyan99
May I ask when you applied? I applied at the end of December but am yet to hear back, it's just been 'on hold' for about two months even though I've got all the sections ticked on myed

sorry for the late reply, I applied 7th of December.
hope this helps
Reply 44
Original post by esw1g18
Has anyone else applied to Msc Speech and Language Technology

I applied for the February deadline, have you heard back from them yet?
Reply 45
Original post by oirua
I applied for the February deadline, have you heard back from them yet?

me too ! and no not yet, what about you?
Reply 46
Original post by esw1g18
me too ! and no not yet, what about you?

Nope, not a peep sadly.
Original post by Brookej0hnson
Hi! I'm also an international student from the U.S. :smile: and applied to the Sociology and Global Change MSc (which is in the School of Political Science)! I wouldn't worry too much about your application being "on hold". I've heard a lot of other people say it's very common and not a bad thing! They just want to look at every application before making a final decision! Can I ask when you applied? I submitted my application in early December and my status is still at "new" -_- . I did receive an email from the admissions department saying its taking 8+ weeks from the time you submit your application to the time you get your decision. I guess we just have to be patient! Best of luck to you!

I sent my first application just before the Jan. 29 deadline, and the second one just after. So I guess I should be hearing about the first one soon! The patience thing really isn't working out for me :frown:
Reply 48
Hi, I'm applying to the LLM at Edinburgh and just want to ask a quick question - what are they doing by "verifying" our reference? What if I submitted my reference with the signature of the person who signed the letter - would they contact the person who signed the letter to verify?
Hi. I am applying for LLM at Edinburgh. Has anyone already got offers?! The wait is killing me 😌
Reply 50
Will be starting a theology in history MTh in September at Ed
Reply 51
Original post by mocking.bird
Hi. I am applying for LLM at Edinburgh. Has anyone already got offers?! The wait is killing me 😌

Hi, I applied for an MTh last year but deferred my offer. I received my offer on 25th Feb so shouldn't be too long for you to wait now!
Original post by Meg_Rid
Hi, I applied for an MTh last year but deferred my offer. I received my offer on 25th Feb so shouldn't be too long for you to wait now!

I really hope you are right. I need to hear back ASAP cause my deadline for firming other Uni offers are this week!
Applied for climate change finance and investment around 17th February . Anyone else applied to that program? Super nervous!
Reply 54
Hi, anyone applied for postgraduate online course?
I applied just before and just after the Jan. 29 deadline for two programs in the Political Science dept, and I just heard back yesterday for both. I never got an email notifying me about a decision, so keep randomly checking the portal!
Reply 56
Original post by clax07
Hi, anyone applied for postgraduate online course?

Hello! I’ve applied to the MSc Digital Education online programme and I’m still waiting for a response. How about you?
Hello everyone! I've received an offer for the MSc in History, any other historians here?
Reply 58
Original post by cathyh
Hello! I’ve applied to the MSc Digital Education online programme and I’m still waiting for a response. How about you?

I applied for the MSc Philosophy Science and Religion online programme. Received a conditional offer (english test) earlier this week. Think next week they'll send out more outcome to applicants. All the best!
Reply 59
Original post by clax07
I applied for the MSc Philosophy Science and Religion online programme. Received a conditional offer (english test) earlier this week. Think next week they'll send out more outcome to applicants. All the best!

Congratulations on your offer!! Around when did you send in your application?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending