The Student Room Group

Green Party peer calls for ALL MEN to face a 6pm CURFEW

Scroll to see replies

Another great idea!

Those males create most of the problems in our society. Hence a society dominated by women or even a society where no males exist would be the prefect society.

A perfect society indeed! And a perfect religion to accompany this perfect society such as Islam. Actually the version of Islam where males don't exist at all.
A lot of numskulls in this thread who completely missed the point.

Well done. You're the problem.
Original post by Kitten in boots
Well done on entirely missing the point of why Jenny Jones said what she did.

It was a response to the absurdity of women being told to stay in. She was doing the let's imagine the the genders was reversed thing and she did it with the subtlety of a brick.

Watching slow witted people not picking up on this and instead tripping over themselves to express outrage at Jones is comedy gold.

Standard post from you. Downplaying the latest left wing lunatic. Change the record pal.
Original post by Drewski

Given that she has come out further to back up what she’s said, and some of the drivel spouted in this thread points to white right men being pedophiles, despite said claim being totally inappropriate and unprovable, it seems like being a white male is a problem these days.
Original post by imlikeahermit
Given that she has come out further to back up what she’s said, and some of the drivel spouted in this thread points to white right men being pedophiles, despite said claim being totally inappropriate and unprovable, it seems like being a white male is a problem these days.

Yeah, because tsr is known for being the voice of the government.... :rolleyes:
Just wanted to add my voice to the couple of people who have already pointed out that this was said tongue-in-cheek and for effect. Stop being so credulous of the claims peddled by outrage media.
Original post by Drewski
Yeah, because tsr is known for being the voice of the government.... :rolleyes:

:biggrin:
:biggrin:

You haven't debunked a single thing I pointed out regarding the Tories you ignored it.
Original post by Wanttobreakfree
You haven't debunked a single thing I pointed out regarding the Tories you ignored it.

I didn’t need to. Anyone who’s not a halfwit would see past your ridiculous claim that right wing men are pedophiles. It’s the stupidest thing I’ve read on this forum. Do you believe the moon landings were faked as well?
Standard post from you. Downplaying the latest left wing lunatic. Change the record pal.

Naaaaah... Don't blame the left always..

It was a great idea by the way. Any man could be potentially breaking the law. And don't forget that men are men and they don't treat women with respect.

Men are indeed the problem. How do we know that a specific man won't go wild and be violent towards a woman or even rape her. Hence continuous checks or good character certificates and curfews for most men after 6pm.
I didn’t need to. Anyone who’s not a halfwit would see past your ridiculous claim that right wing men are pedophiles. It’s the stupidest thing I’ve read on this forum. Do you believe the moon landings were faked as well?

Correction I said far right men and yes. This is mutually exclusive from saying all right wingers and that there's somehow non right wing paedophiles or even just men. Also no, but Q-anon probably thinks that.
(edited 3 years ago)
Left wing policies and liberal attitudes is what has caused this country to go on a downward spiral, not conservative policies.

The Conservative Party has been in power for the past 11 years.

Even if it is just a joke, we know how it'd go down if you changed some of the identities involved...

Besides, just because you give someone advice to avoid becoming victim of a crime doesn't mean you then think they're to blame or the criminal is off the hook.
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by Drewski

Maybe serious suggestions from the peer would have been more useful?
Original post by Drewski

Could you clarify? I don't mean in the sense that I think you're wrong I'm just not completely clued in on the full context?
Reply 56
Original post by Kitten in boots
Well done on entirely missing the point of why Jenny Jones said what she did.

It was a response to the absurdity of women being told to stay in. She was doing the let's imagine the the genders was reversed thing and she did it with the subtlety of a brick.

Watching slow witted people not picking up on this and instead tripping over themselves to express outrage at Jones is comedy gold.

I didn't miss the point, I simply thought it was a cheap and stupid stunt for publicity.
Original post by Talon
I don't think you read the post properly - it wouldn't work. You can't actually curfew all men, and even if you could, if someone isn't afraid of life in prison for murder they probably won't be afraid of a £200 fine for breaking curfew.

The current lockdown only works because you know it isn't permanent. If the government said they would keep lockdown forever, there would be riots.

Why not try to curfew let's say most men of not all. It's better for the women as it will definitely reduce crime just like lockdowns reduce infections. Plus that after 6pm it's better if you walk on the street and see nice dressed up women rather than drunk ugly men who have lost the plot completely.
Reply 58
it isn't party policy and she said she wasn't being serious when she said it. says Baroness Jones -

"I was just trying to highlight that when the police victim blame by asking women to stay home, we don't react. We just think it's normal."

Asked if this would just be inflicting on men what women have to endure, even though it is self-imposed, she replied: "Exactly. That's my exact point."

https://www.google.com/amp/s/news.sky.com/story/amp/sarah-everard-baroness-who-suggested-6pm-curfew-for-men-says-she-wanted-to-make-a-point-12243462

so there's no need to panic that someone was being facetious in the House of Commons; if anyone watches Parliament on YouTube you'd know it's not unusual to do so. tbh not sure how this made the news when there were like 5 people in the House that night, but guess cuz it's in relation to Sarah Everard missing person/murder case and its public interest.
Original post by Joleee
it isn't party policy and she said she wasn't being serious when she said it. says Baroness Jones -

"I was just trying to highlight that when the police victim blame by asking women to stay home, we don't react. We just think it's normal."

Asked if this would just be inflicting on men what women have to endure, even though it is self-imposed, she replied: "Exactly. That's my exact point."

https://www.google.com/amp/s/news.sky.com/story/amp/sarah-everard-baroness-who-suggested-6pm-curfew-for-men-says-she-wanted-to-make-a-point-12243462

so there's no need to panic that someone was being facetious in the House of Commons; if anyone watches Parliament on YouTube you'd know it's not unusual to do so. tbh not sure how this made the news when there were like 5 people in the House that night, but guess cuz it's in relation to Sarah Everard missing person/murder case and its public interest.

Just usual right wing outrage culture.

Quick Reply

Latest