The Student Room Group

✨reaching for a starinthenight:a multiyear gyg✨

Scroll to see replies

Original post by not/so/studious
heyyy I'm malayali too x
Please tell me how you get them grades in maths, cus that's the bane of my life rn. I just hate revising it and I have no motivation to do anything. Also, howw do you revise for such long hours ? thats crazyy

heya nice to see a malayali x i dont do those long hours anymore cuz exams have been cancelled and i dont have mocks 😂 i kinda just get into a zone or u can split it up eg 2hr work 1 hr break etc dont do less than 2hrs because exams are that long so u need to practice focussing that long. in terms of maths: cgp practice books, corbett maths, mathsgenie, drfrost maths,maths made easy, physics and maths tutor ,ofc practice papers have got practise qs that u can go thru each one will defo improve ur grade! Personally i find maths quite ok anyway, but if i was struggling and was REALLY passionate on improving my grade-i would go thru every single one of those qs on these websites, if u get a question wrong ask ur teacher or a friend and sometimes a site called mathway can help too. hope it wasnt too much of a ramble but hope it helps x
edit : personally i dont think 20 mins then 5 mins break helps at all cuz u cant do that in an exam when time is so precious , also as u get faster try to do the test in half the time - that way u can do the test again in the other half and correct ur mistakes as well as complete it on time (pls dont look at the first ans u got it may influence ur second-if ur second and first are the same then ur correct!)
(edited 3 years ago)
so today went back to school i kinda felt nervous but now i just dont feel anything im studying idk what for but ig its got to help right? rapidly losing motivation. we did sixth form taster day i cant believe im staying at this school its kinda too toxic but oh well ig ill be a loner and just sit there and study for alevels. im really liking the lofi hip hop music btw to study. but yh i kinda given up rn 😿idk ig i cant wait for yr 12 to start this yr is a mess
okay so a bit of an update our school made us do two weeks of mocks after easter and THEY TOLD US TODAY! we still have to do lessons and howmework on top i think imna cry rn
Original post by 1hhh
okay so a bit of an update our school made us do two weeks of mocks after easter and THEY TOLD US TODAY! we still have to do lessons and howmework on top i think imna cry rn

no no no you are so lucky. My teachers told us this week that we exams the week before Easter. They talk about supporting us, but we have to learn all the equations and quotes and facts, and they're not even going to tell us the topic. The exams are in a week
Original post by not/so/studious
no no no you are so lucky. My teachers told us this week that we exams the week before Easter. They talk about supporting us, but we have to learn all the equations and quotes and facts, and they're not even going to tell us the topic. The exams are in a week

fair enough although we do have 9 assessments in the next two weeks and 30 in those two weeks :’( thankfully the inspector calls one next week is open book good luck btw 👍❤️
Original post by 1hhh
fair enough although we do have 9 assessments in the next two weeks and 30 in those two weeks :’( thankfully the inspector calls one next week is open book good luck btw 👍❤️

thirty in two weeks! That's rough. I really hope you do well. I'm so scared for these exams, because although I did quite well for mocks, I'm sure some teachers are looking for ways to mark me down. Good look for your tests.
Also thank you for the maths tips, I really appreciate it x
(edited 3 years ago)
urghh another day of school i had my bio assessment today it was ok ngl but also pretty bad at the same time imna predict 25/30 maybe i hope i get more cuz im aiming for a 9 🥲 off to revise english language rn for wednesday aiming for an 8 and computing for thursday aiming for a 9 the assessments we doafter easter are gonna be weighted as much as mocks 😩
(edited 3 years ago)
btw apparently we r getting a *current grades* report in about 2 weeks so ill update u guys of the grades on their when they come thru for whoever is actually reading this pile of my failing gyg ****
Original post by 1hhh
btw apparently we r getting a *current grades* report in about 2 weeks so ill update u guys of the grades on their when they come thru for whoever is actually reading this pile of my failing gyg ****

you are defo not failing! keep going just a little more to go then this torture is over!
Original post by itsthatgirl10020
you are defo not failing! keep going just a little more to go then this torture is over!

thank you!!
andd so this week we have computing,maths,englit, spanish assessments wooooo 😭🥳🥳😭literally gone crazy they havent even told us what part of the courses to revise for for our assessments after easter imna be revising like hell then
Hi I’m in year 11
What’s this thread about
Original post by chelsea.uri
Hi I’m in year 11
What’s this thread about

its me and my journey through gcses,the struggles and the excitements :smile:
Original post by 1hhh
andd so this week we have computing,maths,englit, spanish assessments wooooo 😭🥳🥳😭literally gone crazy they havent even told us what part of the courses to revise for for our assessments after easter imna be revising like hell then

HIIII im in year 11 too ahaha! good luck on your assessments im sure you'll smash them! This years been crazzzy ngl i cba with school ngl but it is what it is i guess 😭 cant wait to start college 😭
Original post by 1hhh
its me and my journey through gcses,the struggles and the excitements :smile:

Just you yeah???
Original post by ruqaiyahhhx
HIIII im in year 11 too ahaha! good luck on your assessments im sure you'll smash them! This years been crazzzy ngl i cba with school ngl but it is what it is i guess 😭 cant wait to start college 😭

OML literally i just wanna start college too already
Original post by chelsea.uri
Just you yeah???

yup just me myself and i
okay so update:
maths-everything
physics-everything
rs -6/8 topics
spanish-theme 1
business 3/6
english language 3/4
english lang 3/4 topics too so its not too bad ig but ig ill start revising 27 days until the first exam
ok quick update i got 2 8s in my english mock!!! so i expect my current grades will all be a*s hopefully, im so HAPPY 😁 i genuinely cant belive i upped my scores from a 7 to an 8 i feel like ive just climbed the himalayas and reached the top hopefully there is no avalanche 😂😂😭im so nervous i have a revision plan for easter and basically its packed like IT LOOKS LIKE I HAVE NO LIFE BEYOND REVISION. the teachers are like u gotta look after your mental health but the truth is i could sacrifice my mental health for 2weeks to get all a*s. wtf is it so sunny apparently next week its meant to be snowing 🌨? hmmm i smell global warming and climate change... i shouldnt of thrown that bottle in the bin....
(edited 3 years ago)
so thats my revision timetable for easter:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending