The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by Ciel.
that's not true. you do realise that not all men in the world are straight, right. there are tons of predatory gay guys, too. not to mention, there are all sorts of reasons why a psychopath would attack a guy, even if they are into women
let's just say that i had an experience like that in my teens.

as a straight guy the only times i have felt a bit unsafe is fri/sat night where you get rowdy groups of males. i often see fights around that time and once or twice groups of males have given me dirty looks like they're just looking for an excuse to start an altercation. 6 months ago on sat evening i had a fight with 1 lone male. people just love starting beef around those times

also with fights on sat/fri night bystanders never come to help out. if you get attacked you are on your own.......

oh and about 2 weeks ago at midnight, some dude came upto me and asked to borrow my phone. he was taller than me and looked dodgy. i felt worried then tbh......,
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by BiggestLoser21
OP is a troll for god sake. They don’t care about threads, just getting people worked up.

To me, it doesn't make a difference. I'm bored
Original post by ANM775
I've heard of like schoolgirls beating up other random school girls at the shopping centre or something, but if im honest i can't remember hearing about a female making an unsolicited attack on a male in public, nor one that has ended in death.

i mean im sure it has happened, but probably its rare..........

I do think most men should feel safe walking the street at night, unless they live in a dodgy area.. or unless it's fri/sat night as people get in the mood to fight/have altercations on those days

It isn't rare. It happens all the time. Never had anything from a boy, but have from a girl. Men also don't talk about their feelings as much, so they'd be less likely to report it.
Original post by BiggestLoser21
OP is a troll for god sake. They don’t care about threads, just getting people worked up.

I'm in an argumentative mood, bit bored, got nothing better to do.
Reply 64
Original post by ANM775
as a straight guy the only times i have felt a bit unsafe is fri/sat night where you get rowdy groups of males. i often see fights around that time and once or twice groups of males have given me dirty looks like they're just looking for an excuse to start an altercation. 6 months ago on sat evening i had a fight with 1 lone male. people just love starting beef around those times

also with fights on sat/fri night bystanders never come to help out. if you get attacked you are on your own.......

oh and about 2 weeks ago at midnight, some dude came upto me and asked to borrow my phone. he was taller than me and looked dodgy. i felt worried then tbh......,

idk, i'm a creep magnet. weirdos and old guys are the worst, i swear they enjoy harassing me
Reply 65
Original post by Ciel.
idk, i'm a creep magnet. weirdos and old guys are the worst, i swear they enjoy harassing me

you can overpower an old guy surely?
Original post by ANM775

Do you understand the point people are trying to make? It's not about whether you could beat them, it's about the fact that they tried in the first place.
I can't lie the reason I get worried as a teenage 17 year old guy walking the streets is because so many of these guys are carrying weapons now.

Always got to keep vigilant, especially in certain areas.
Reply 68
Original post by ANM775

depends, some can be really strong
im a petite beetch, lol
Reply 69
Original post by ItsStarLordMan
Do you understand the point people are trying to make? It's not about whether you could beat them, it's about the fact that they tried in the first place.

My mind tends to work a bit differently then because If I don't suspect someone could be carrying a weapon and they don't look like they could physically beat me ....then I have no fear.

Old men don't fill me with fear. Some have given lip before at night (usually drunk) but i've never been fearful of them. If they attacked me I could easily take them.

If it were a group of lads though doing the same thing I would feel some fear, as most likely they'd be able beat me in a fight due to numbers ...and they may even beat me to the point of hospitalisation or worse if i'm unlucky.

If a girl came upto me and harassed me i wouldn't feel fear either, as even if she did attack me, more than likely she would not be able to batter me.
#notallmen
From a woman who disagrees with you.

A woman who: is a carnage girl, lives alone, has a stalker ex, generally wears very high heels with stockings & velvet miniskirts or tight fitting colourful outfits and volunteers to support the survivors of rape & honour abuse.
Since I was a schoolgirl I have been sexually assaulted by the groping hands of male perverts more than 1001 times, every month my social media inboxes are bombarded with hate mail and the threats of a variety of scumbags to murder/rape/doxx me.

The bad apples are an extremely unpleasant few, as the worst of scumbags and criminals always are.
They are not the majority and do not represent all men.
Just as horrifying criminals like Ruby Thomas, Rosemary West, Claudia Patatas, Vanessa George, Jemma Beale and the killers of Ann Ogilby- do not represent all women.
Reply 71
Original post by Ciel.
depends, some can be really strong
im a petite beetch, lol

actually i saw a really aggressive drunk man a few weeks ago on fri night, going around giving people lip. he looked like he was trying to start fights and almost did get into a fight at one point ....

he was racist as well...

not sure what i would have done if he had started on me. i hate racists. then again i'm not particularly keen on hitting old people as if they get seriously hurt you could find yourself in a whole heap of trouble.....
Reply 72
Original post by londonmyst
Since I was a schoolgirl I have been sexually assaulted by the groping hands of male perverts more than 1001 times, every month my social media inboxes are bombarded with hate mail and the threats of a variety of scumbags to murder/rape/doxx me.

Jesus.

If that was me I'd probably be carrying a knife everyday by now tbh.......
Reply 73
Original post by londonmyst
#notallmen
From a woman who disagrees with you.

A woman who: is a carnage girl, lives alone, has a stalker ex, generally wears very high heels with stockings & velvet miniskirts or tight fitting colourful outfits and volunteers to support the survivors of rape & honour abuse.

The bad apples are an extremely unpleasant few, as the worst of scumbags and criminals always are.
They are not the majority and do not represent all men.
Just as horrifying criminals like Ruby Thomas, Rosemary West, Claudia Patatas, Vanessa George, Jemma Beale and the killers of Ann Ogilby- do not represent all women.

Firstly, extremely sorry that you have had to go through this.

Secondly, you get it. I think there is an overreaction to everything tbh when realistically it's not what the general person can do to make women feel safe it's what can be done to actually make women safe from the men who attack them.

All well and good making a woman feel comfortable but random dude who's a rapist or murderer could make a woman feel comfortable before they do their despicable actions e.g. That's not a practical solution, that's an emotional solution.

A practical solution is punishing offenders more and having more security around as well as having a service that women can easily discretely call if they're being kidnapped. Maybe 999 isn't as easy to call or be tracked while you have been kidnapped, maybe there should be more surveillance I dunno.
(edited 3 years ago)
6pm curfew.

Guess I’m sleeping in the office then,
Reply 75
Original post by Anonymous
Those of you males putting the #notallmen you are the problem just like the ones who did all lives matter, us women we cannot go out at dark without fear of being attacked so I think a 6pm curfew for men is totally fair, we women deserve equal rights and we don't get them, how many of you females here agree with this?

Unless you live in some absolute ghetto, the chances of a woman being violently attacked in the streets is so remote it shouldn't even warrant a second thought. You're more likely to die or be seriously injured in a car crash, but I bet you don't bat an eyelid about getting into a car. So no, I don't see why all men need to be villified and punished simply because some women have an irrational paranoia and lack of perspective.
Reply 76
Original post by ANM775
actually i saw a really aggressive drunk man a few weeks ago on fri night, going around giving people lip. he looked like he was trying to start fights and almost did get into a fight at one point ....

he was racist as well...

not sure what i would have done if he had started on me. i hate racists. then again i'm not particularly keen on hitting old people as if they get seriously hurt you could find yourself in a whole heap of trouble.....

meh, they deserve to get hurt for starting shift
i ****ing hate old men
Original post by Andrew97
6pm curfew.

Guess I’m sleeping in the office then,

Seriously though a 6pm curfew would not work, for one the I don’t think your average sex attacker is going to care much about breaking s curfew.

T goes without saying that anyone who feels they csn commit these crimes is a deplorable person and one is too many, the argument over not all men and curfews isn’t going to make a difference.
Reply 78
Original post by Wōden
Unless you live in some absolute ghetto, the chances of a woman being violently attacked in the streets is so remote it shouldn't even warrant a second thought. You're more likely to die or be seriously injured in a car crash, but I bet you don't bat an eyelid about getting into a car. So no, I don't see why all men need to be villified and punished simply because some women have an irrational paranoia and lack of perspective.

I agree it's statistically unlikely but at the same time it should never happen and there should be measures in place to ensure this doesn't happen, not the ridiculous stuff some of the leftards are saying but more practical measures.
Reply 79
Original post by Andrew97
Seriously though a 6pm curfew would not work, for one the I don’t think your average sex attacker is going to care much about breaking s curfew.

T goes without saying that anyone who feels they csn commit these crimes is a deplorable person and one is too many, the argument over not all men and curfews isn’t going to make a difference.

Also the man who does the crime isn't going to go through the curfew.

The curfew stuff was nonsense anyway.

Latest

Trending

Trending