The Student Room Group

HMRC Generic Compliance Caseworker

Hello,

I applied to be a generic compliance caseworker, and passed the initial tests.

I got top 20% on maths and verbal reasoning, but top 45% on judgement. There were 30 places but I imagine these will be hotly contested.

How many applicants are there normally, and when would I be likely to hear back?

I would love any insights or information as to applying for this role as I would love to be successful in this application.

Thanks!

Scroll to see replies

I am also waiting to hear from them not sure for the time line for interviews though
I applied for same position on 22nd Feb 2021, closing date was 23rd Feb 2021, there were 30 positions available, I have just gotten a response today on 12th March 2021. Hope it helps, for other CS jobs who have large vacancy holds and it can take upto 2 months
Reply 3
Original post by Swinglifeaway66
I applied for same position on 22nd Feb 2021, closing date was 23rd Feb 2021, there were 30 positions available, I have just gotten a response today on 12th March 2021. Hope it helps, for other CS jobs who have large vacancy holds and it can take upto 2 months

Hey! Have you been invited to an interview? What location did you apply for? And what was your SJT score if you don’t mind me asking? :smile:
Anyone else heard anything? I got 69% for SJT and heard nothing so far.
Original post by Jkella
Hey! Have you been invited to an interview? What location did you apply for? And what was your SJT score if you don’t mind me asking? :smile:

30 posts per location or spread amongst the locations?
Reply 6
Original post by Blackcat33
30 posts per location or spread amongst the locations?

30 per location according to the advert. Which location did you apply for?
Original post by Jkella
30 per location according to the advert. Which location did you apply for?

Newcastle. It's unusual how they've sent an email about the interview rather than inviting to book slots and changing the portal.
Reply 8
Newcastle. It's unusual how they've sent an email about the interview rather than inviting to book slots and changing the portal.

I’ve found that usually the portal lags behind real time, I’m hoping no news is good news at this stage :smile:
Original post by Jkella
I’ve found that usually the portal lags behind real time, I’m hoping no news is good news at this stage :smile:

I like your positivity and hope you are right. Seems like those already in the top 10 or 15 percent SJT have already had an email
I've been invited for interview (Newcastle)
Original post by scott_m_
I've been invited for interview (Newcastle)

What was your SJT score bud if you don't mind me askin?
Reply 12
Original post by OctopusW
How many applicants are there normally

For some reason the whole world is trying to work at HMRC. Just to give you a picture, the HO compliance caseworker role (Croydon) 2019 which had 30 posts advertised had 1,121 applications and 402 on the reserve list. I waited 15 months on the reserve list only to get kicked off it :frown:
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by Aejon2
For some reason the whole world is trying to work at HMRC. Just to give you a picture, the HO compliance caseworker role (Croydon) 2019 which had 30 posts advertised had 1,121 applications and 402 on the reserve list. I waited 15 months on the reserve list only to get kicked off it :frown:

The Croydon are is one of the most densely populated places in the UK so that might have something to do with those vast numbers. I think these roles will be hotly contested throughout the country but perhaps not to that extent.
Reply 14
The Croydon are is one of the most densely populated places in the UK so that might have something to do with those vast numbers. I think these roles will be hotly contested throughout the country but perhaps not to that extent.

I applied for Cardiff in 2019. There were 30 roles and 1537 applicants
Original post by Aodjfn
I applied for Cardiff in 2019. There were 30 roles and 1537 applicants

It's a competitive world eh! I wonder how many they'd interview for 30 posts, that'll determine where the bar is set for the SJT test.
Reply 16
It's a competitive world eh! I wonder how many they'd interview for 30 posts, that'll determine where the bar is set for the SJT test.

I had 75 in my SJT and had an interview
Hi good morning
Please
May I ask what date you applied and when you did your interview, this is bacause I have applied and have not gotten any update yet. I had 84% in my sjt
Original post by Blessed2020.
Hi good morning
Please
May I ask what date you applied and when you did your interview, this is bacause I have applied and have not gotten any update yet. I had 84% in my sjt

Hi, I got invited to interview on Friday 12th March there.

I also got 84% for the SJT, although I think the pass mark varies by location. Fingers crossed you hear back soon!
Thank you what location did you apply to?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending