The Student Room Group

Garden Halls - 2021/22 application

Hey, I've just accepted an offer from UCL and am looking to apply for garden halls for 2021/22. Does anyone know whether the application for next year has opened yet, I can't find it anywhere! Thanks.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by livysinfield
Hey, I've just accepted an offer from UCL and am looking to apply for garden halls for 2021/22. Does anyone know whether the application for next year has opened yet, I can't find it anywhere! Thanks.

On the Garden Halls website, it states that you apply via "your college on how you may apply". I have gone through the UCL website, and on the bottom of the website attached, it has the application portal.

https://www.ucl.ac.uk/accommodation/ucl-halls/intercollegiate-halls/garden-halls

If that doesn't work, then here is the link to the accommodation portal:

https://residences.ucl.ac.uk/StarRezPortal/Default.aspx?Params=L9ezxPcQnQsDuaBX%2bLFbaS7g8dqK9e0T
hi is anyone who is going to KCL going to apply for garden hall accommodation? if so, how do you 'contact' KCL about it because i can't log into the accommodation portal. (i searched it up and someone said that when you put KCL as your firm, you need to give it 48hrs for the student id to work)
Original post by chuqiaolo
hi is anyone who is going to KCL going to apply for garden hall accommodation? if so, how do you 'contact' KCL about it because i can't log into the accommodation portal. (i searched it up and someone said that when you put KCL as your firm, you need to give it 48hrs for the student id to work)

If you haven't waited for the Student ID to work, wait for it and then retry. If it still doesn't work, then contact KCL (call/contact) to ask for assistance to use the accommodation portal.
Original post by Lovebear2951
On the Garden Halls website, it states that you apply via "your college on how you may apply". I have gone through the UCL website, and on the bottom of the website attached, it has the application portal.

https://www.ucl.ac.uk/accommodation/ucl-halls/intercollegiate-halls/garden-halls

If that doesn't work, then here is the link to the accommodation portal:

https://residences.ucl.ac.uk/StarRezPortal/Default.aspx?Params=L9ezxPcQnQsDuaBX%2bLFbaS7g8dqK9e0T

it only says for the 2020/2021 term but i want 2021/2022? how do i find that?
Original post by livysinfield
it only says for the 2020/2021 term but i want 2021/2022? how do i find that?

I believe that you just contact the accommodation department for UCL.
Reply 6

Hiii I firmed KCL and I’m looking at garden hall too! The registration is opened now, but the booking system isn’t, it’ll be opened in next two weeks according to the website. What other choices r you thinking of?
Original post by e8e
Hiii I firmed KCL and I’m looking at garden hall too! The registration is opened now, but the booking system isn’t, it’ll be opened in next two weeks according to the website. What other choices r you thinking of?

ooh yayy - if i dont get garden halls i'm probably going to aim for SSA because it is close to strand campus
Reply 8
ooh yayy - if i dont get garden halls i'm probably going to aim for SSA because it is close to strand campus

Same haha. Do we apply to all the residences including the intercollegiate ones thru KCL system? I heard that only 3 options for each student.
Original post by e8e
Same haha. Do we apply to all the residences including the intercollegiate ones thru KCL system? I heard that only 3 options for each student.

im not sure if we can apply to ALL but i know there is like an order of preference for accommodation - i didnt join the accommodation webinar so im not sure
Reply 10
im not sure if we can apply to ALL but i know there is like an order of preference for accommodation - i didnt join the accommodation webinar so im not sure

Oh that’s cool. Garden halls is my first choice too, I’m also thinking of ssa, gdsa, and moonraker
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 11

where do you find your student ID cause I just have a student number with no K in my offer letter? And when you're registering, it mentions the kcl id having a K which you're not meant to include but there's literally nothing with a K on my offer letter
Original post by prxxxx
where do you find your student ID cause I just have a student number with no K in my offer letter? And when you're registering, it mentions the kcl id having a K which you're not meant to include but there's literally nothing with a K on my offer letter

mine was just the one on my letter 'without the K'
Reply 13
mine was just the one on my letter 'without the K'

I ended up finding it. thank you :smile:

Hiii! I'm going to KCL and I'm also hoping to get garden halls! I have registered on the portal after firming KCL but earlier today I just got an email saying that I have to wait until 06/05/2021 at 12 to access the portal? What did you get from king's?
Original post by Abigail Zhou
Hiii! I'm going to KCL and I'm also hoping to get garden halls! I have registered on the portal after firming KCL but earlier today I just got an email saying that I have to wait until 06/05/2021 at 12 to access the portal? What did you get from king's?

My son just received a date today, of 5th May. It's frustrating to not be able to book now.
Original post by CompSciMum
My son just received a date today, of 5th May. It's frustrating to not be able to book now.

Hi! :smile: is your son an undergrad student? I think that's probably why he can book for housing one day earlier than me since I'll be a postgrad. It is frustrating to wait until May. I heard last year they could book it in April even.
Hi! :smile: is your son an undergrad student? I think that's probably why he can book for housing one day earlier than me since I'll be a postgrad. It is frustrating to wait until May. I heard last year they could book it in April even.

Yes, undergrad. Frustrating indeed. I hope that you're able to get the housing that you're looking for. : )

I want to book garden halls but have applied to KCL through extra and am scared I won’t get a place there, do you know if it is first come first serve or allocations are just randomly made based on preferences if you meet the deadline for booking ?
Original post by CompSciMum

Are you able to ‘book’ if your offer is conditional a d subject to you getting the grades on a level results day.

Are you able to ‘book’ if your offer is conditional and subject to you getting the grades on a level results day or do you just apply and wait until results day to see what you have been allocated?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending