The Student Room Group

Doing AQA A Level Bio or Chem

Has anyone taken these? I'm deciding on which exam board to do and I need to make sure that all exams will be written and that no practical assessments are require? Can anyone confirm this?

Thank in advance!
Reply 1
Original post by confused.nerd
Has anyone taken these? I'm deciding on which exam board to do and I need to make sure that all exams will be written and that no practical assessments are require? Can anyone confirm this?

Thank in advance!

both chemistry and biology have practical assessments
Hi, I take A level AQA biology and Edexcel Chemistry, both include required practicals (practical assessments) over the two years. The practicals are witnessed by your teachers and graded, then at the end of the course, your teachers send proof that you’ve done the practicals to the exam board and they give you an overall pass or a fail. The exam consists of 3 papers in which there are some questions on the required practicals you have done over the two years.

Hope this helps :h:
Original post by confused.nerd

Thank in advance!

AQA has a practical endorsement. I don’t think you will find an exam board that doesn’t require this.
(edited 3 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest