The Student Room Group

Liverpool medical school exam papers for 1st year

Q Where can I access liverpool medical school exam past papers for 1st year?
Q Are there any available Q banks I can use for liverpool medical school exams specifically for 1st year?
Q Is the 1st year liv med school exams very similar/ largely based of Passmedicine year 1-3 exam questions since a liverpool medic made the website?
You probably can't access any past papers until mock exams - even as a first year (admittedly not at Liverpool) we just don't have any past papers except the official mock and the unofficial MedEd mock. We aren't even given our mock papers back in case we share them with next year's freshers! Med school exam prep is annoyingly very different from A level and doing 100000 past papers.

I would ask second years if there are any question banks they've made up or mocks made by societies nearer the time (since I think you said you're on a gap year?), as well as what they think of PassMed. All med schools have different curricula so unless it's specifically aimed at Liverpool (which it doesn't seem to be) there will be some content that isn't there and possibly some you don't need to know I'd imagine. It's also years 1-3 so you may find you don't know most of it as it's 2nd or 3rd year content?
Reply 2
Original post by becausethenight
You probably can't access any past papers until mock exams - even as a first year (admittedly not at Liverpool) we just don't have any past papers except the official mock and the unofficial MedEd mock. We aren't even given our mock papers back in case we share them with next year's freshers! Med school exam prep is annoyingly very different from A level and doing 100000 past papers.

I would ask second years if there are any question banks they've made up or mocks made by societies nearer the time (since I think you said you're on a gap year?), as well as what they think of PassMed. All med schools have different curricula so unless it's specifically aimed at Liverpool (which it doesn't seem to be) there will be some content that isn't there and possibly some you don't need to know I'd imagine. It's also years 1-3 so you may find you don't know most of it as it's 2nd or 3rd year content?

Are you a liverpool medical student? do you know where I can get free question banks for the first year of medical school?
Original post by wyann LT
Are you a liverpool medical student? do you know where I can get free question banks for the first year of medical school?

No, I'm at Imperial (as I said).

There just aren't question banks "for first year medics", because every school's curriculum is different. What there may be are sites you can use selectively, making sure that it's on your topic (eg for some modules I've googled "respiratory function test quiz" and just done the first couple of things that come up if they seem to be pitched at the right level - this is usually much easier for anatomy than physiology) and student-made resources at Liverpool, so I'd ask older years when you get there what they use and if there are med school/society question banks. Lots of students also make their own questions from lecture material.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending