The Student Room Group

Living the year 9 life !!

Scroll to see replies

What is wrong with your text? Idk if it’s just my device but the text is absolutely massive and really bright. Other than that, good blog. Just don’t stress yourself out in year 9; it’s your last easy year to relax a bit.
its meant to be coloured and big but maybe your devise has shown it weirldly
but ill do my fonts maller and in d blue from now on if you want me too
Blog 7 - Tuesday 9th of March

after i posted yesterday i did some science revision for my test which is next week. i did active transport. but then i was really tired so i went to bed early

today the lessons i had during online school were:
- pe (we just have to choose our own exercise to do - lol i dint do any though)
- maths (went through the answers of these worksheets our teacher gave us)
- computer science (i finished the work for that so i just watched yt lol)
- english (teacher went through some persuasive techniques for our speeches)
- rs (she was busy so she set an assignment but the files didn't open on my laptop, i told her and she said its fine - yay)

im planning to go have a shower right now
maybe after im done ill carry on making my notes for science

anyways
peace out y'all :smile:
Blog 8 - Wednesday 10th of March

hi
today was a boring day. i had online school. but firstly i have to tell you something. something CRAZY happened to me today.
so basically it all started when i was making toast and while i was waiting for it i decided to make my knife touch the hot wires and i was expecting nothing to happen ... ... but then i heard a big BANG and a saw a bid light flash from the toaster. i totally freaked out. i was so confused i wasn't expecting that at all .i took my bread out because the toaster stopped working - i thought i had broken it. OMG
so i went inside and had my toast and then i tried to put the tv on but it wasn't working - and the switches were on too
after that i was really confused and when i went to put my plate in the kitchen i noticed the microwave light wasnt on even though the switch was on i check the kettle too. same result.
then i realised maybe ive cut all the electricity off in my house.
i was so worried i didnt want to get into trouble or make my parents pay a big bill to fix it (yup i thought it was that bad XD) i went upstairs and told my mum part of what happened... ... i told her that the toaster randomly stopped working
she went down stairs to check and it turned out the electricity had fuzed (i dont know how to use the word fuzed in a sentence - sorry) all my mum had to do was turn on a switch and the electricity was back on
it took a while for the internet to come back on so therefore i was late to my history lesson. i apologised to my teacher and i told her what happened (shes a nice teacher so she let me off) she asked me whether there was plastic on my knife and i said yes, she told me i was lucky because id there wasnt i would have been electrocuted !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
anyways thats the end of my story lol
if there is one thing ive learnt its that you should NEVER EVER EVER stick a knife down a toaster. dont you worry ive learnt my lesson !!! XD

anyways the lesson i had today were :
- history (i missed part of it cos of what happened above)
- maths (the teacher told us to do revision for our maths test tomorrow - so i revised )
- rs (we looked at discrimination - was boring - as usual)
- science - looked at how to separate instructions
- french - did a bunch of live quizzes i came mostly in the top ten

after online school i had to help my mum move our beds from one room to another - so i didnt really get time to do any extra work
tomorrow is my maths test so hopefully that will go well
ive gotten my bag ready for friday and i cant wait for school and to see my friends again !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

anyways thats all for today
peace out y'all
Hi nice blog
blog 9 - saturday 13th of march

hi guys sorry i forgot to post on thursday and friday
yesterday i went back to school its was ok, but i was really tired
i had the covid test i and i was negative yay
it was really nice to see all my friends again
next thursday i am going to have my science test
today im hoping to finish of my science notes, here is my to do list for today
- finish off science notes for test
- finish homework
- answers science questions for homework (plz help me if you can - ill put the questions at the end of this blog)
- revise for vocab test for french (spelling test basically)

anyways ill try to post this evening and tomorrow
peace out y'all

1. Between 1897 and 1906, Thomson carried out a number of experiments and discovered electrons. Thomson used his discovery to devise his plum pudding model of the atom. Outline the main ideas of the plum pudding model.

2. Which, if any, of Dalton’s ideas about the atom do we no longer believe to be correct? Explain your answer.
(edited 3 years ago)
I like this blog
Original post by Revision_Boi
I like this blog

omg thank you so much
Blog 10 - saturday 13th of march

hey guys
can i just say that i can't believe im at 10 blogs now woohoo

anyways today i finished making all my notes for my science test (which is next Thursday) tomorrow i am going to make my digital notes on the practicals, print them out on coloured paper and put them in my biology folder with my other notes
after that i am going to begin working on some exam style questions

also i have decided that every so often i am going to recommend a book to you guys
but i am going to do my first recommendation tomorrow because im quite tired and i really want to go to bed- also i need 8 hours of sleep its good for you

anyways ill post tomorrow
peace out y'all :smile:
Reply 29
hello i'm here from ur knife down the toaster post😂, and you are doing so well on ur blog woohooo!!! i'll def be watching this🧐
Reply 30
Cool blog!
Blog 11 - sunday 14th march

hey everyone
i just wanted to say thank you to all the people who have been reading and commenting on my blog
thank you so much for all the support when i stated this blog i defo didn't expect people to read it
and im honestly so grateful thank you so so much

since we have a lot more people reading my blog ive decided to make this blog all about me in general so here we go!!

when was i born:

Spoiler

my hobbies

Spoiler

- i have 2 super annoying younger sisters and no brothers (not sure if thats a good thing)

- my favourite youtubers are brent rivera (and all his friends - too many of them to write down)
pierson wodynksi (my absolute fav ) , sofie dossi and dom brack (i ship sofie and dom do you?) , sniper wolf

- my favourite animals are penguins - they are so adorable and so cute!!, cats - i wish i had one but my mum doesnt like pets, gorilla s - they are super funny and i fell kinda sorry for them bcz everyone makes fun of them and elephants - incredibly smart animals , turtles - so beautiful . i think i have more favs but i cant think of them all right now

- also another fun fact i love watching gymnasts on tv they are so talented and i wish i could do some of the thing they can do but im too scared of doing a forward roll so yh ...

anyways i hope you have enjoyed this blog and i hope you have learnt a bit more about me
ill post this evening to let you know how i get on with my science revision

peace out y'all
blog 12 - 20th march 2020

hey everyone im so sorry for not blogging this week i have had a really runny nose and have struggled to get sleep
i did my biology test yesterday and i think i have done ok its out of 60 and we are getting our papers back next week

book recommendation of the week:

blah clah blah.jpg
i read this book in the chriistmas holidays and it was the best book i have ever read its based on muder mystery and crime and stuff like that its amazing if you enjoyed the book on of us is lying you will love this book.
here is the blurb:

The case is closed. Five years ago, schoolgirl Andie Bell was murdered by Sal Singh. The police know he did it. Everyone in town knows he did it.

But having grown up in the same small town that was consumed by the murder, Pippa Fitz-Amobi isn't so sure. When she chooses the case as the topic for her final year project, she starts to uncover secrets that someone in town desperately wants to stay hidden. And if the real killer is still out there, how far will they go to keep Pip from the truth

i loved this book so much and when you read it just when you think it is all over it isnt and it doesnt stop there there is a sequel called good girl bad blood and a prequel called killjoy i have not read them yet but i am hoping to get them when the libraries open

my to do list for today:
- revise for rs end of topic assesment :frown:
- history homework on teams
- maths homework

extra :
-do revision on an inspector calls if i have time
- make notes on the microscopy practical for biology

ill try to post again this evening or tommorow
i hope you read a good girls guide to murder it truely is the best book i have ever read its the best

peace out y'all
:smile:
blog 13 - sunday 21st march
hey everyone my weekend was okay this week i finished all my homework in the morning yesterday and then revised for my rs assesment
i was struggling to figure out how i should have done my revison and then i decided mind maps was the best way so ive been doing them since yesterday
im half way done and i should be done before my assesment
im not sure if i can blog regularly on the weekdays but ill try too:smile:

please let me know if you are enjoying reading my blog please leave a reply becz i feel like no one is reading my blog :l

anyways see you soon
peace out y'all
Hey I hope you are doing ok, you have not posted for a while:frown:
blog 14 - 8th april 2021

hey everyone im so sorry for not posting i was pretty ill after my last post so i didn't get the time to post and after that i was busy with family in the holidays
im so sorry

i had tuition on tuesday for science to cover what we had done so far in chemistry i might need one more lesson to finish all of it
im getting tuition today for maths to also cover what we have done so far

i have a french assessment when im back at school and i completely forgot to revise for it so im going to work on that

anyways imma post my book recommendation next
peace out y'all
(edited 3 years ago)
book recommendation:

good girl bad blood - holly jackson (sequel to a good girls guide to murder)
hi.jpg
i finished this book a couple of weeks ago and it was just as good as the first one, infact maybe better

here is the blurb:

Pip is not a detective anymore.

With the help of Ravi Singh, she released a true-crime podcast about the murder case they solved together last year. The podcast has gone viral, yet Pip insists her investigating days are behind her.

But she will have to break that promise when someone she knows goes missing. Jamie Reynolds has disappeared, on the very same night the town hosted a memorial for the sixth-year anniversary of the deaths of Andie Bell and Sal Singh.

The police won't do anything about it. And if they won't look for Jamie then Pip will, uncovering more of her town's dark secrets along the way... and this time everyone is listening. But will she find him before it's too late?

this book is great if you love crime, thriller type books its amazing read it now!!!

let me know if you are going to read this or you have already read this
blog 15 - monday 12th april

its 5 days till my birthdayyyyyyy
woohoo

hey everyone
hope you had a good easter holiday
i started gcse geography today - i got a new book and stuff like that
this evening my to do list is to finish my gcse speech and send it to my teacher and if i have time do some chemistry revision

guys please give me some ideas on what you want me to talk about bcz i feel like you guys aren't enjoying my blog

anyways peace out y'all
well, I like your blog, plus I'm starting my RE gcse course after my easter holiday finishes
sounds good our first topic was issues of life and death and after that we did issues of human rights
the first topic was easy second was boring and hard

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending