The Student Room Group

Transformations

I don't really understand the transformation below can anyone help me out?

Scroll to see replies

1.PNG
Reply 2
y=-x is the diagonal line through the origin (top left to bottom right). Can you see where shape A goes when reflected in this line?
Original post by vc94
y=-x is the diagonal line through the origin (top left to bottom right). Can you see where shape A goes when reflected in this line?

G?
Reply 4
Original post by Kakakaty
G?

Then apply the rotation to G.
Original post by vc94
Then apply the rotation to G.

E?
bump!!
E?

Yep
Original post by laurawatt
Yep

1.PNG
Thank you, for this would the scale factor be 2 and the centre of enlargement be (5,2) ?
1.PNG
Thank you, for this would the scale factor be 2 and the centre of enlargement be (5,2) ?

I believe so :smile:
I believe so :smile:

1.PNG
How about this one? :smile:
1.PNG
How about this one? :smile:

Yep :biggrin:
Yep :biggrin:

1.PNG
Thank you! Could you help with this one too? I'm not sure if it's worded correctly or not
1.PNG
Thank you! Could you help with this one too? I'm not sure if it's worded correctly or not

When describing rotations, you need to consider: is it clockwise or anticlockwise? what is the centre of rotation (I.e. what coordinate are you rotating it around?)
When describing rotations, you need to consider: is it clockwise or anticlockwise? what is the centre of rotation (I.e. what coordinate are you rotating it around?)

So it would be clockwise, but how do I find the centre of rotation?
Just googled it and it says I need a compass but I don't own a compass is there another way I can do it?
Anyone ?
heloo?
Original post by Thebigone23
The way I would do it would be to use Kelvin's constant multiplier. It combines doublet matrices to provide the two dimensional transformation. Subsequently, you times yore result by retinal convergence constant to establish equilibrium between the point of symmetry about the origin.

This sounds super confusing, do you have an example I could look at ?
Reply 19
This sounds super confusing, do you have an example I could look at ?

Ignore it - it's some stupid troll post :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest