The Student Room Group
Lakeside residences
Aston University, Birmingham
Birmingham
Visit website

Aston Uni Optometry Offer / Interview

So I have an interview with them in Wednesday and am beyond nervous as I haven't had any interviews for the rest of my subjects.
What kind of questions do they ask? How do I prepare? From what I've heard it's only three questions but how do I stand out to them?

I know on their website their requirements are listed as AAA-AAB but do you think there's any chance they could reduce it down to ABB for me? Cardiff did, if I decide to put them as first choice, but due to my parents not wanting me to move out I'm stuck putting Aston as my firm regardless of what they give me and if that's a AAA I'm definitely screwed.

Any advice on how to better my chances of getting as low an offer as possible??
The only way to get a lower offer is be outstanding academically (so you essentially would get higher anyway) or get a contextual offer.

A contextual offer is an offer which is lower than the standard one based on social-economic background, school, personal circumstances etc. C.O are decided automatically.
Lakeside residences
Aston University, Birmingham
Birmingham
Visit website
Dont' worry, I got in with ABB
Reply 3
Original post by Sammy_789
So I have an interview with them in Wednesday and am beyond nervous as I haven't had any interviews for the rest of my subjects.
What kind of questions do they ask? How do I prepare? From what I've heard it's only three questions but how do I stand out to them?

I know on their website their requirements are listed as AAA-AAB but do you think there's any chance they could reduce it down to ABB for me? Cardiff did, if I decide to put them as first choice, but due to my parents not wanting me to move out I'm stuck putting Aston as my firm regardless of what they give me and if that's a AAA I'm definitely screwed.

Any advice on how to better my chances of getting as low an offer as possible??

Hey I’m in the same situation as you now 😭 what offers did they give you and what grades did you get? I got an offer for ABB but I think I’m gonna get BBB is it likely I’ll get in with BBB?
Reply 4
Original post by mjali1
Hey I’m in the same situation as you now 😭 what offers did they give you and what grades did you get? I got an offer for ABB but I think I’m gonna get BBB is it likely I’ll get in with BBB?

Hey !
So my offer was AAB and in the end I got AAA. But I genuinely think you'll be totally fine with BBB, one of my best friends also got onto the course with me with BBC.
If the course goes into clearing ( it didn't for my year as it was completely full ), they tend to go as low as CCC so you should be in the clear, though spaces are sparce.
Your chances are very likely from my experiences - I'm wishing you all the best and good luck ! x
Original post by Sammy_789
Hey !
So my offer was AAB and in the end I got AAA. But I genuinely think you'll be totally fine with BBB, one of my best friends also got onto the course with me with BBC.
If the course goes into clearing ( it didn't for my year as it was completely full ), they tend to go as low as CCC so you should be in the clear, though spaces are sparce.
Your chances are very likely from my experiences - I'm wishing you all the best and good luck ! x

Hello love where does it go as low as CCC?

Quick Reply

Latest