Possible to lose 15kg in 2 months??

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
I’m 5’3 and weight 70kg I’d like to be about 55kg. Planning on eating 1200 calories a day eating more fruit and less carbs. I’m also walking to and back school and am doing 30 minutes workout in the morning and evening. Is it possible for me to lose 15kg in 2 months or is there something more I could to do lose weight more effectively?
Kerzen
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
That is too high a weight loss to be a reasonable goal.

Why not try to take it more slowly?

By the way, I think that doing two workouts a day and walking to and from school is excessive.

PS Don't dismiss carbohydrates, they are part of a balanced diet.
Hazzz01
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Try Chloe Ting's workouts.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
(Original post by Kerzen)
That is too high a weight loss to be a reasonable goal.

Why not try to take it more slowly?

By the way, I think that doing two workouts a day and walking to and from school is excessive.

PS Don't dismiss carbohydrates, they are part of a balanced diet.
What do you think is a reasonable goal?
HorribleHatty
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Is it technically possible? Yes. Is it realistic or healthy? No.

If you want fast weightloss and you’re an adult (as in over 18) the quickest weightloss seems to be from a keto diet. Aim for less than 20g of carbs/day. First 3-5 days will be hell then your body will stop expecting the blood sugar highs. Eat lots of meat, green vegetables, cheeses, fats. Limit milk. No fruit, chips, rice, bread, breaded foods, sweet things.

It’s done wonders for a lot of people but it can be difficult. It’s better to change your lifestyle - it will be easier to maintain long-term.

Edit - to add to this I lost 18kg in four months. I did keto for the first month, then religiously tracked my calories and kept to a step goal for the rest.
Last edited by HorribleHatty; 3 months ago
Kerzen
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
What do you think is a reasonable goal?
60 Kg at Christmas?
Surnia
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I’m 5’3 and weight 70kg I’d like to be about 55kg. Planning on eating 1200 calories a day eating more fruit and less carbs. I’m also walking to and back school and am doing 30 minutes workout in the morning and evening. Is it possible for me to lose 15kg in 2 months or is there something more I could to do lose weight more effectively?
Planning on, having picked an abitrary number of calories, or planning on, having calculated your calorie deficit?

Up to 1kg a week is healthy and sustainable.

Sugar is a carbohydrate, so how do you reduce carbs when eating more fruit? Learn about starch, sugar, fibre and complex carbs, and don't reduce or cut out a food group that your body actually needs.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (62)
37.35%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (17)
10.24%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (9)
5.42%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (39)
23.49%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (24)
14.46%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (15)
9.04%

Watched Threads