The Student Room Group

I need urgent help

hey guys, there's a group of popular boys who sexually assault girls in our school toilets and i don't know what to do. None of them want to report it to any teacher. i've been thinking of collecting people's stories and putting it in my notes page as evidence but i doubt it will do anything.
What should i do?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
hey guys, there's a group of popular boys who sexually assault girls in our school toilets and i don't know what to do. None of them want to report it to any teacher. i've been thinking of collecting people's stories and putting it in my notes page as evidence but i doubt it will do anything.
What should i do?

it will definitely do something. If there are numerous people who all say they are being sexually assaulted by these boys, then legal action must be taken. Or, you could tell your parents and they can bring the matter up to the school- i doubt they would ignore it
Reply 2
What should i do?

can you sneakily record it on your phone and send to one of your teachers? even anonymously if you have to?
Reply 3
What should i do?

So if you know about it, why haven't you reported it? Tell your parents and teachers ASAP.
Reply 4
Original post by Ciel.
can you sneakily record it on your phone and send to one of your teachers? even anonymously if you have to?

i was planning to do that
Reply 5
Original post by Surnia
So if you know about it, why haven't you reported it? Tell your parents and teachers ASAP.

it's not as straightforward as that, I need to gain more evidence and i can't speak on behalf of the girls as well as they dont wanna come forward
it's not as straightforward as that, I need to gain more evidence and i can't speak on behalf of the girls as well as they dont wanna come forward

You don’t need to gain evidence-you need to report it and allow the adults to do their job of investigating. Staying quiet will only allow more girls to be assaulted in the meantime.
Reply 7
Original post by GabiAbi84
You don’t need to gain evidence-you need to report it and allow the adults to do their job of investigating. Staying quiet will only allow more girls to be assaulted in the meantime.

the girl doesn't want to start anything so let's say i do report, she won't cooperate then the case has failed if you get what im saying
Reply 8
What should i do?

Are you going to physically be at school today? I was wondering whether you could ask to speak to your form tutor or another teacher you feel comfortable with.

It's important that you speak to your teachers and then step back from this.
Reply 9
Original post by Kerzen
Are you going to physically be at school today? I was wondering whether you could ask to speak to your form tutor or another teacher you feel comfortable with.

It's important that you speak to your teachers and then step back from this.

yeah i will be in school today, yeah i want to tell the teachers but if i tell them and the victim doesnt want to come forward, they're not going to take it seriously. Im planning to persuade the girl to report them but i can't speak for her
the girl doesn't want to start anything so let's say i do report, she won't cooperate then the case has failed if you get what im saying

Then you don’t have to tell them her name. You need to report it. Sexual assaults happening in a school bathroom will be taken seriously.

It’s not a “case” -it’s an assault.
Tell an adult.
Reply 11
yeah i will be in school today, yeah i want to tell the teachers but if i tell them and the victim doesnt want to come forward, they're not going to take it seriously. Im planning to persuade the girl to report them but i can't speak for her

I think that you are overthinking this and need to take care not to let it impact on your schoolwork. I think that you should speak to one of your teachers today and then let them deal with it. To be honest, they are adults who have experience in handling situations like this whereas you are not.

Don't start badgering the people involved and telling them what you want them to do, that is going to make things hard for you.

By the way, how did these assaults come to your knowledge?

It’s sexual assault, I’d be extremely surprised if it’s not taken seriously, the teachers will know that people won’t want to come forward. Telling a teacher as soon as you possibly can is super important
Original post by Kerzen
I think that you are overthinking this and need to take care not to let it impact on your schoolwork. I think that you should speak to one of your teachers today and then let them deal with it. To be honest, they are adults who have experience in handling situations like this whereas you are not.

Don't start badgering the people involved and telling them what you want them to do, that is going to make things hard for you.

By the way, how did these assaults come to your knowledge?

the girls told me
So you're seriously prioritising the here and now cliques over future potential incidents? Get something done, I have before and people sharply stopped trying to **** around with my people because when I put my foot down I did it hard and you have to go hard as well
Reply 15
the girls told me

Have you spoken to a teacher today as we advised you to?
Original post by Kerzen
Have you spoken to a teacher today as we advised you to?

no, i was persuading the girls to report it but im reporting tomorrow
Guys chill I believe what he's saying is if he does report it and the girl doesn't confirm what he said and the teachers don't believe him he might get his ass kicked or something hence he needs evidence so the boys aren't let free or anywhere near him for that matter
Reply 18
no, i was persuading the girls to report it but im reporting tomorrow

OK, do that and let us know how you get on.
Reply 19
Original post by the_pharaoh
Guys chill I believe what he's saying is if he does report it and the girl doesn't confirm what he said and the teachers don't believe him he might get his ass kicked or something hence he needs evidence so the boys aren't let free or anywhere near him for that matter

The OP just needs to report it. An adult will get the evidence by following a process.

Quick Reply