The Student Room Group

A level choices

I have to choice my a levels this year. My GCSE options are tripple science, maths, english lit & lang, media, geography and economics.

For my a levels im stuck between biology, psychology, geography, fashion&textiles and economics. I have no idea what I want to do when i'm older so i need to keep my options open.

I can't talk to my parents because they hate my options and want me to do more science subjects (chemistry) but no way lol. Can anyone help me please?
I think the ones you’ve chosen will cover a lot of different options later on, but A level choices aren’t everything! If you decide you want to do a degree there’s always access and foundation courses. Out of what you listed I’d probably leave geography.
Original post by NMohideen08
I have to choice my a levels this year. My GCSE options are tripple science, maths, english lit & lang, media, geography and economics.

For my a levels im stuck between biology, psychology, geography, fashion&textiles and economics. I have no idea what I want to do when i'm older so i need to keep my options open.

I can't talk to my parents because they hate my options and want me to do more science subjects (chemistry) but no way lol. Can anyone help me please?

Hi there,

I am currently a student at Portsmouth University.

Those sound like respectable subject choices and will keep a wide range of choices open for you. Some courses such as engineering may require maths so they will be unavailable to you. However, most courses will still be available with those options.
I would recommend choosing A-levels you enjoy and think you will succeed with.

I hope this helps,
Ethan - UOP rep
Reply 3
Original post by University of Portsmouth Student Rep
Hi there,

I am currently a student at Portsmouth University.

Those sound like respectable subject choices and will keep a wide range of choices open for you. Some courses such as engineering may require maths so they will be unavailable to you. However, most courses will still be available with those options.
I would recommend choosing A-levels you enjoy and think you will succeed with.

I hope this helps,
Ethan - UOP rep

yeah I am prob going to do core maths just to add some in. Right now my subjects are biology and fashion&textiles so I am stuck between choosing geography and psychology

Quick Reply

Latest