The Student Room Group

Do you think its possible to have fun after the age of 25

im 16 rn and I feel like after i finish with uni and stuff i wont be able to have fun like i do know, get drunk with friends, party, get excited over boys or even just hang out with friends and have genuine pure fun.

idk why but i have the impression that after the age of 25 everything just becomes boring and nothing is fun or exciting like im gonna be too old to have proper fun.

Scroll to see replies

Well you can be dull if you really want to, but it's not required.
Reply 2
but i feel like 25 year olds and older dont wanna do stuff like this anyways
Why? are u planning to have kids before 30?
Reply 4
Original post by HumbleBee_x
Why? are u planning to have kids before 30?

no im not planning on kids or marriage tbh but i just feel like life loses its spark as people get to that age
Reply 5
Original post by Anonymous
but i feel like 25 year olds and older dont wanna do stuff like this anyways

Stuff like that won't always be fun to you. But there will always be fun.

Once, to you, fun was eating sand. But you don't do that any more, do you...?
Yeah at 26 you become too old to have fun. At 25, you're good though, dw. Mind that minute you turn from 25 to 26. Stuff happen.
Reply 7
I met a 63 year old who still parties like he's 18.
Reply 8
Original post by Drewski
Stuff like that won't always be fun to you. But there will always be fun.

Once, to you, fun was eating sand. But you don't do that any more, do you...?

ooh thats a good point
Reply 9
Original post by LordFarquaad
Yeah at 26 you become too old to have fun. At 25, you're good though, dw. Mind that minute you turn from 25 to 26. Stuff happen.

lmaooo thats not what i mean i just mean basically after you finish uni
Original post by spanker
I met a 63 year old who still parties like he's 18.

thats the only type of 63 year old im gonna be
I'll be 29 in May. In my own experience each year of life only becomes more exciting; not less.
im 16 rn and I feel like after i finish with uni and stuff i wont be able to have fun like i do know, get drunk with friends, party, get excited over boys or even just hang out with friends and have genuine pure fun.

idk why but i have the impression that after the age of 25 everything just becomes boring and nothing is fun or exciting like im gonna be too old to have proper fun.

Captain Tom Moore had an amazing amount of fun and interesting stuff going on in his life after the age of 100.
As someone who is 27 next week Is like to think I can still enjoy myself 🥳😂
Original post by sinfonietta
I'll be 29 in May. In my own experience each year of life only becomes more exciting; not less.

ooooh so like you dont just feel bored or done with life at this point? and do you still enjoy doing some of the stuff you used to do as a teenager or what?
lmaooo thats not what i mean i just mean basically after you finish uni

Most people finish uni far earlier than 25 and the point is nothing happens magically that makes you unwilling or unable to have fun.

I know people in their 60s who get drunk, have fun with their friends and are passionate about life in general.

I honestly don't get how at 25 anyone would think this way... I intend on being a 50 year old raver btw.
You can have fun at any age. You do not need to be a certain age in order to have fun.
Original post by LordFarquaad
Most people finish uni far earlier than 25 and the point is nothing happens magically that makes you unwilling or unable to have fun.

I know people in their 60s who get drunk, have fun with their friends and are passionate about life in general.

I honestly don't get how at 25 anyone would think this way... I intend on being a 50 year old raver btw.

i INTEND on stuff like that too but i really feel like life gets in the way, like my mom is 33 and my dad is 36 and i dont see them having genuine fun ever theyre always just stressed and I dont want to be like that when i grow up
Yes, I'm 26 and have plenty of fun.
ooooh so like you dont just feel bored or done with life at this point? and do you still enjoy doing some of the stuff you used to do as a teenager or what?

God no! I'm at the point where life actually gets good. If I could redo my life over I would ask to skip to age 20-25, honestly. Life is fantastic when you're finally doing what you want with it.

I still enjoy some of the same hobbies I had as a teenager, and I still have the same best friend (except we've now had the experience of living together, travelling various countries together, etc), but I've also gained so many new hobbies and interests that I didn't have back then - not to mention made so many more similarly-minded friends.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending