The Student Room Group

Dwp work coach 2021

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by kkh_h01
That's the same with me! I wanted a job in black country area but missed the previous job posting so i've accepted the Telford offer. My own work coach said that I should try and request to transfer since there are new job postings available in Black country now. So maybe see if you can transfer too?

Hi, I think I may have an offer and Telford was one of my top 3 choices, may sound silly but do you know if Telford is full or they are expecting others to join ??
Reply 41
Original post by fgl_11
Hi, I think I may have an offer and Telford was one of my top 3 choices, may sound silly but do you know if Telford is full or they are expecting others to join ??

I can’t believe I didn’t get Telford, second time I applied I did worse then the first (smh)
Reply 42
Original post by Bex2021
I can’t believe I didn’t get Telford, second time I applied I did worse then the first (smh)

aw sorry you didn't get your first choice, I'm assuming there are no places in Telford left now if you didn't get it either! Where are you located if you don't mind being asked ??

I've currently given in my ID's and was wondering what is the process after this ?
Reply 43
Original post by fgl_11
aw sorry you didn't get your first choice, I'm assuming there are no places in Telford left now if you didn't get it either! Where are you located if you don't mind being asked ??

I've currently given in my ID's and was wondering what is the process after this ?

I’m still on hold but was told telford was a no (not sure if it’s full or they didn’t think I I was good enough)

It took upto a week for an offer via email, once you accept you’ll get a call to discuss the details. I’m based in Telford so any other location would be silly.
Reply 44
Original post by Bex2021
I’m still on hold but was told telford was a no (not sure if it’s full or they didn’t think I I was good enough)

It took upto a week for an offer via email, once you accept you’ll get a call to discuss the details. I’m based in Telford so any other location would be silly.

what was the pre-employment checks/DBS check like ? I'm wondering if gaps in employment will be a big issue for them, due to covid I've been out of work for around 6 months. sorry, hope you dont mind me picking your brain, just curious about the next few steps !
Reply 45
Original post by fgl_11
what was the pre-employment checks/DBS check like ? I'm wondering if gaps in employment will be a big issue for them, due to covid I've been out of work for around 6 months. sorry, hope you dont mind me picking your brain, just curious about the next few steps !

Hi no problem... you just have to promise to get me in Telford if you get a spot lol!

DBS was fine... came in a week later. It’s just a basic check. Employment well I had a few issues as I had a few gaps so I had to send an email as my history was a little messy. An I think they understand about past employment so don’t worry. However I’m guessing here as I had issues on dates not matching up hence the follow up email
Original post by Neeks2021
Has anyone had a start date yet?? I’m just wary that we’re now in March and my status is still awaiting update

Just an update! So all in all, things moved pretty fast in the first stages. I applied 12/01/21, I then had my conditional offer 29/01/21 and my start date is 29/03/21. I’ll be training in Dudley and then it looks like I’ll be designated in West Bromwich (subject to change).

Don’t lose hope guys! It’s a long process but you’ll get there x
Reply 47
Original post by Bex2021
Hi no problem... you just have to promise to get me in Telford if you get a spot lol!

DBS was fine... came in a week later. It’s just a basic check. Employment well I had a few issues as I had a few gaps so I had to send an email as my history was a little messy. An I think they understand about past employment so don’t worry. However I’m guessing here as I had issues on dates not matching up hence the follow up email

Well it’s good they were understanding, I’m hoping it’s the same for me, covid has made a mess for many of us. I hope you get a spot in Telford !!!

Do they ask for a three or five years employment history?
Reply 48
Original post by fgl_11
Well it’s good they were understanding, I’m hoping it’s the same for me, covid has made a mess for many of us. I hope you get a spot in Telford !!!

Do they ask for a three or five years employment history?3

3 years an keep me posted how you get on
Reply 49
Original post by fgl_11

I had quite a few big gaps in my employment due to being made redundant and other job offers falling through and I was worried it would go against me. But I start my role on March 29th, so dont worry!!

They genuinely dont look at the actual gaps, since they only focus on contacting your references really.
Reply 50
Hey all i applied for the greater manchester campaign. I have not been put on the reserve list and my portal changed to "

We are currently updating your application. We will provide further updates in due course.

This changed on the 15th of March

My refrences were contacted that very day...

What are my next expected steps.

Congrats to all who have started
Reply 51
Original post by kahoff
I had quite a few big gaps in my employment due to being made redundant and other job offers falling through and I was worried it would go against me. But I start my role on March 29th, so dont worry!!

They genuinely dont look at the actual gaps, since they only focus on contacting your references really.

Thanks for getting back to me with that, I feel abit relaxed lol. I’ve got my ID Interview tomorrow morning, do you know what happens after that and how long it took for you to get your formal offer ?
Reply 52
Original post by fgl_11
Thanks for getting back to me with that, I feel abit relaxed lol. I’ve got my ID Interview tomorrow morning, do you know what happens after that and how long it took for you to get your formal offer ?

The ID interview will pretty much from start to finish last about 20 to 30 seconds, it is very very quick lol!

I had my ID interview on 12th February at 11am and then I got my provisional offer a few hours later on the same day. Then I had to fill out my pre-employment check form, which I also did on the 12th. Just make sure you fill everything out and don't leave any employment gaps, as I forgot about a 4 month gap and they had to email me on the 18th to tell me to include it in my application and I think that caused a little delay!

19th February my references and counter signatory were contacted, March 4th I got an email saying my checks were completed and then March 5th I was given my formal offer and contract which I accepted.

I know my timeline is a lot quicker than other people's! As I think I applied around January 15th, so it took just under 2 months for me!
Hello, I had my provisional offer for mercia on 05/03. Sent pre employment details off. Got dbs 5 days ago. Still no contact regarding whether I have conditional offer or reserve list. So frustrating. How long after receiving your dbs were you contacted?
Hey, it can still take several weeks, got my conditional offer 29/01 and I only had my formal offer around 10/3 for a start date 29/03.

It’s longwinded, but don’t lose hope - they’ll get to you eventually
Original post by Neeks2021
Hey, it can still take several weeks, got my conditional offer 29/01 and I only had my formal offer around 10/3 for a start date 29/03.

It’s longwinded, but don’t lose hope - they’ll get to you eventually

Thanks. I find it frustrating as I already work at a service centre for DWP through an agency. I had hoped pre employment checks would be as fast as the rest of the process.
Are you starting in telford? Best of luck
Original post by Crazycatmazza
Thanks. I find it frustrating as I already work at a service centre for DWP through an agency. I had hoped pre employment checks would be as fast as the rest of the process.
Are you starting in telford? Best of luck

You would hope so lol. And I’ll be training in Dudley. Best of luck to you too!
Reply 57
I’ve been offered a role dependent on pre-employment checks for Mercia ! Wondering where I will be placed as I’ve heard Telford/Shrewsbury are full. I did also apply for the 109 - Black Country roles, but yet to hear back from that application. If there are roles for that location will the offer me that ??? Just curious as they haven’t sent me any communication since I did the multiple choice questionnaire !
(edited 3 years ago)
What was your first and second choices? Mine were Oswestry then Shrewsbury. I haven't heard where I would be placed or anything since they started pre employment checks and getting my DBS. My online account just says they're updating my application and will contact in due course.
Reply 59
Original post by Crazycatmazza
What was your first and second choices? Mine were Oswestry then Shrewsbury. I haven't heard where I would be placed or anything since they started pre employment checks and getting my DBS. My online account just says they're updating my application and will contact in due course.

My choices were Shrewsbury, Telford and Bridgnorth. I’m just going through the pre-employment checks, then hoping to hear back with my location! Hope you get the location you're after !

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending