The Student Room Group

The police really don’t help themselves.

Scroll to see replies

@fallen_acorns

Not quite correct, the left has long had issue with the police (sometimes legitimate) for instance many of the dodgy tactics used against miners/ suspected communists and also later against suspected Islamists.

In the US, a distrust of the FBI and CIA was pretty common on the left but this has now changed with the left being supportive and the right being hostile as the agency has moved from targetting "communists" and "Islamists" to "White Nationalists" and "Right wing Extremists" and using the same dodgy CoIntelPro tactics
Original post by imlikeahermit
Lmao, one bad egg does not a spoiled dozen make.

No but a dozen or so eggs moderate in condition defending and using the powers of the state to white-wash the incident involving the bad egg then overtime via what's called hyper-normalisation you set a new standard for the police to abuse their power.
Original post by imlikeahermit
Lmao, one bad egg does not a spoiled dozen make.

Eggs have protective shells to keep the **** out or in, i'd say the police are more like bananas.
Original post by the beer
Eggs have protective shells to keep the **** out or in, i'd say the police are more like bananas.

Would you say the same about teachers as there have been teachers who have had relationships with younger underage students?
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by Driving_Mad
Would you say the same about teachers as there have been teachers who have had relationships with younger underage students?

I don't think you've actually thought that analogy through... In addition do you mean teachers as in a concept or colloquially as in all or most teachers are: 'X' therefore you think: 'Y?' This isn't how logic works my friend.

I'd personally say they're more like a rotting onion. Now whilst the outer parts of the onion will obviously seem fine at first surface level glance the deeper into the layers of the onion you go the more of the rot you'll begin to see surface. With this in mind yes whilst there's both good and bad parts of the onion it's still part of the same onion. Only imagine it's the reversed of them rotting inside-out. I could've also gone with the usual: 'fish rots from the head down' but that's too trite for me. It's also painfully overused in my opinion.
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 26
Original post by Starship Trooper
@fallen_acorns

Not quite correct, the left has long had issue with the police (sometimes legitimate) for instance many of the dodgy tactics used against miners/ suspected communists and also later against suspected Islamists.

In the US, a distrust of the FBI and CIA was pretty common on the left but this has now changed with the left being supportive and the right being hostile as the agency has moved from targetting "communists" and "Islamists" to "White Nationalists" and "Right wing Extremists" and using the same dodgy CoIntelPro tactics

In fairness, so do the right. It just happens the far left are at least honest about their antipathy to pc plod. The fact of the matter being no protestor likes the police as they generally tend to have diametircally opposing aims. It was interesting watching the right in America whine about 'protecting the thin blue line' and then promptly try and kill several of them when they stormed the Capitol :rolleyes:
One lot thinks the police are universally racist (the hilarious comments about them being founded to catch run away blacks being a rather telling line when it comes to a specious grasp of policing) whilst the other think theyre an unaccountable bunch of pawns in service to the government hell bent on chipping everyone and putting them in a gulag. Bits of both theories are technically right but either way its amusing to watch these two groups, who profess to be nothing alike, have rather a lot in common on this topic :lol:
Original post by Napp
In fairness, so do the right. It just happens the far left are at least honest about their antipathy to pc plod. The fact of the matter being no protestor likes the police as they generally tend to have diametircally opposing aims. It was interesting watching the right in America whine about 'protecting the thin blue line' and then promptly try and kill several of them when they stormed the Capitol :rolleyes:
One lot thinks the police are universally racist (the hilarious comments about them being founded to catch run away blacks being a rather telling line when it comes to a specious grasp of policing) whilst the other think theyre an unaccountable bunch of pawns in service to the government hell bent on chipping everyone and putting them in a gulag. Bits of both theories are technically right but either way its amusing to watch these two groups, who profess to be nothing alike, have rather a lot in common on this topic :lol:

I agree that many on the right (rightly) distrust the police , I disagree that this is the horseshoe meme though.

On the Capitol protest nobody tried to kill police officers despite the NYT running fake news that a cop was bludgeoned to death by a fire extinguisher. ,(,That's not me saying there was no violence towards the police, only that there was no lethal intent on the protestors part)
One would hope the vigil response was just a one off of failing to read the room but no. It seems after the bad optics they would keep digging.

First we have the woman that tried to report a crime, got ignored.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-56409023

Then we a Met officer removed from duties for sharing an "inappropriate graphic".
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-56409029

One bad apple spoils the bunch.
On the Capitol protest nobody tried to kill police officers despite the NYT running fake news that a cop was bludgeoned to death by a fire extinguisher. ,(,That's not me saying there was no violence towards the police, only that there was no lethal intent on the protestors part)

Intent is fairly pointless when one officer is dead and pipe bombs were planted.
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by DiddyDec
Intent is fairly pointless when one officer is dead and pipe bombs were planted.

It is not proven whether Officer sicknick died because of the capitol protest. All we know is he died of s stroke after the protest and had talked to his brother and appeared fine. We definitely know he wasn't brutally killed by someone with a fire extinguisher which was the original narrative and have an ideological hatred toward Trumo voters. The FBI also has beef with Trump.

We were also told they all had guns which again there is no proof of this:

https://legalinsurrection.com/2021/03/fbi-official-tells-senate-no-one-recovered-guns-during-capitol-hill-riots/

The event has hugely been politicised by opponents of Donald Trump who have pretended that this is equivalent to pearl harbor or something.

As for the pipe bomb there are no suspects and no fingerprints on the device which appeared randomly. The leaders of the ProudBoys and Oathkeepers have both been found out to be FBI assets incidentally... Another case of CoIntelPro Me thinks...and theres millions of people who will eat it up.

https://www.revolver.news/2021/03/fbis-ridiculous-capitolsiege-pipe-bomb-video-is-an-all-out-assault-on-common-sense/
@Napp

Kamala Harris? She had a relationship with an older politician Willie Brown that didn't do her career any harm let's say. She also pretends to be, like many black Democrats eg Cory booker , from Da Hood when actually she was raised in a strict Hindu household.

This is if course in an an attempt to curry favour with the black vote that hasn't worked , in part because she was a pretty infamous prosecutor around black felons which sort of makes her recent claims about racial bias seem slightly hollow...
It is not proven whether Officer sicknick died because of the capitol protest. All we know is he died of s stroke after the protest and had talked to his brother and appeared fine. We definitely know he wasn't brutally killed by someone with a fire extinguisher which was the original narrative and have an ideological hatred toward Trumo voters. The FBI also has beef with Trump.

We were also told they all had guns which again there is no proof of this:

https://legalinsurrection.com/2021/03/fbi-official-tells-senate-no-one-recovered-guns-during-capitol-hill-riots/

The event has hugely been politicised by opponents of Donald Trump who have pretended that this is equivalent to pearl harbor or something.

As for the pipe bomb there are no suspects and no fingerprints on the device which appeared randomly. The leaders of the ProudBoys and Oathkeepers have both been found out to be FBI assets incidentally... Another case of CoIntelPro Me thinks...and theres millions of people who will eat it up.

https://www.revolver.news/2021/03/fbis-ridiculous-capitolsiege-pipe-bomb-video-is-an-all-out-assault-on-common-sense/

Y'know when a link or source is trustworthy if it has to have the words: 'common-sense' in its URL... Oh yeah absolutely no loaded terminology going on there whatsoever. Also mate anyone with a brain has beef with Trump. He and his followers are a delusional cult of significantly dangerous proportions. You don't have to be a kiss-arse Liberal or moderate Economic Conservative for The DNC in order to make that assessment. Even Conservatives on the right side of political spectrum as Lincoln Project are calling Trumpism a cult and as are any credible historian you could name. When you start creating and praying near golden calf made in image of: 'Dear Leader' at a Conservative official gathering (even though this is literally a rule The Bible tells Christians to never do...) it's pretty fair to say that movement is irrational in just about every single sense of the word. Meaning such people are no longer present in what we call reality.

(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by Wanttobreakfree
Y'know when a link or source is trustworthy if it has to have the words: 'common-sense' in its URL... Oh yeah absolutely no loaded terminology going on there whatsoever. Also mate anyone with a brain has beef with Trump. He and his followers are a delusional cult of significantly dangerous proportions. You don't have to be a kiss-arse Liberal or moderate Economic Conservative for The DNC in order to make that assessment. Even Conservatives on the right side of political spectrum as Lincoln Project are calling Trumpism a cult and as are any credible historian you could name. When you start creating and praying near golden calf made in image of: 'Dear Leader' at a Conservative official gathering (even though this is literally a rule The Bible tells Christians to never do...) it's pretty fair to say that movement is irrational in just about every single sense of the word. Meaning such people are no longer present in what we call reality.L

Again dude you've just posted a paragraph of ad hominem, whatsboutism and lies (nobody worshipped the golden statue of Trump, which looked pretty naff) without addressing any of my points. You need to stop this otherwise I will just engage in trolling/ partisan rhetoric.. Eg:

I am supportive of Trump (PBUH) having a glorious cult army in the service of our lord and saviour Jesus Christ. The left have had a cult army for years which has allowed them in part to dominate the agenda alongside the corrupt Elite and lying media. Our MAGA hordes will legally and with due process Make America Great Again!
🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸
⚡⚡⚡⚡
🚀🚀🚀🚀
🙏🙏🙏🙏

Also I'm waiting for a response to my reply to you on 'irrationalism' 👍
Again dude you've just posted a paragraph of ad hominem, whatsboutism and lies (nobody worshipped the golden statue of Trump, which looked pretty naff) without addressing any of my points. You need to stop this otherwise I will just engage in trolling/ partisan rhetoric.. Eg:

I am supportive of Trump (PBUH) having a glorious cult army in the service of our lord and saviour Jesus Christ. The left have had a cult army for years which has allowed them in part to dominate the agenda alongside the corrupt Elite and lying media. Our MAGA hordes will legally and with due process Make America Great Again!
🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸
⚡⚡⚡⚡
🚀🚀🚀🚀
🙏🙏🙏🙏

Also I'm waiting for a response to my reply to you on 'irrationalism' 👍

There's nothing to reply to. You're a lost cause.
Reply 35
I agree that many on the right (rightly) distrust the police , I disagree that this is the horseshoe meme though.

I seem to recall that that was a true story? They did beat him with a flagpole after all didnt they?
Never mind the officer who was gassed with bear spray by two men and subsequently died..

Not all there wanted to harm plods but there were certainly enough to make it worthy of note.

Why do you disagree with the horseshoe theory might i ask? After all, whilst the two extremes have different rationales their end aims (or at least means) do have a notable overlap.
Original post by Napp
I seem to recall that that was a true story? They did beat him with a flagpole after all didnt they?
Never mind the officer who was gassed with bear spray by two men and subsequently died..

Not all there wanted to harm plods but there were certainly enough to make it worthy of note.

Why do you disagree with the horseshoe theory might i ask? After all, whilst the two extremes have different rationales their end aims (or at least means) do have a notable overlap.

That was all the same person Officer Sicknick. I've not heard about the flag pole before. The fire extinguisher piece was out out by the NYT which was recently retracted and came out of "thin air". One of the two people charged allegedly sprayed the officer with bear mace. The officer left the capitol and was reportedly in good spirits and spoke to his brother and appeared well.

We are awaiting details of what the medical examiner has to say. You can follow the story at:

https://www.revolver.news/2021/03/january-6-narrative-collapse-assault-charges-spell-problems-for-doj-fbi-in-officer-sicknick-case/

Horse shoe theory is bogus- the only similarity is that both the political "extremes" don't like the current system and want to replace it to a greater or lesser extent and sometimes this means that they may both favour things that may benefit both of them eg electoral reform.

The idea that this equates to 'commies are the real fascists' or the reverse is just dumb. None of their end aims are the same and their "means" are on large part opportunistic the same as any democratic party .
Original post by Napp

You don''t accept that there's an extreme centre?
Reply 38
You don''t accept that there's an extreme centre?

Not really, unless you'd care to poit be in the direction of some 'extreme centrists'?
Original post by Napp
Not really, unless you'd care to poit be in the direction of some 'extreme centrists'?

How about Napoleon?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending