The Student Room Group

Newcastle A100 / A101 2021 Offer Holders

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by Fizzacer
Hi everyone! Just wondering if people on here have had email conformation from the med school about their offers? I received an email from newcastle uni but it doesnt seem specific to medicine. Also has anyone gotten an invite for an offer holder event?

I got an email the day after I received the track update, it said

“We are delighted to tell you that we have made you an offer for A101, Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (MB BS)(Accelerated Programme).

We are planning Virtual Offer Holder Events and will email you again soon to invite you. This email will include further details about the event, dates available, and what to expect.”

Nothing further regarding the offer holder event :smile:
Original post by LD21
I had a generic email basically saying congratulations we’ve made you an offer to study medicine. It then went on to say that they are planning offer holder events and will email to invite to those soon.

Original post by medinc
I got an email the day after I received the track update, it said

“We are delighted to tell you that we have made you an offer for A101, Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (MB BS)(Accelerated Programme).

We are planning Virtual Offer Holder Events and will email you again soon to invite you. This email will include further details about the event, dates available, and what to expect.”

Nothing further regarding the offer holder event :smile:

Ok cool thanks guys! Sounds as though we have all received the same :smile: Hopefully they will send through more info about the offer holder event soon!
Reply 62
Hi has anyone firmed Newcastle? I have, and I’m looking for accommodation atm, Park View seems to be popular plus it’s very closecto the med school. Any other recommendations?? :smile:
Ok cool thanks guys! Sounds as though we have all received the same :smile: Hopefully they will send through more info about the offer holder event soon!

Congratulations I saw you on Bristol thread too. It might be tough choice between NCL & Bristol
Original post by Smatthew
Congratulations I saw you on Bristol thread too. It might be tough choice between NCL & Bristol

Ahh yes!! Hence my desire to go to some offer holder events so I can finally make up my mind. Did you get offers from both as well? If so which one are you leaning towards?
Reply 65

My daughter is a fourth year medical student at Newcastle and loves it. Newcastle is a vibrant city, the Geordies are a friendly bunch and the cost of living, particularly accommodation, is so much cheaper in Newcastle than Bristol. Having said that, Bristol is also a beautiful city and it will be warmer than Newcastle! It must be tough trying to decide where to go when you haven't had the opportunity to visit on Open Days. Good luck and well done on getting more than one offer!
Ahh yes!! Hence my desire to go to some offer holder events so I can finally make up my mind. Did you get offers from both as well? If so which one are you leaning towards?

On hold at Bristol, waiting for NCL & Liverpool. NCL is my top choice.
On hold at Bristol, waiting for NCL & Liverpool. NCL is my top choice.

Ahhhh ok!!! All such good unis - wishing you the best of luck!!!

omg I got an offer from both as well and honestly have no clue. I wanna attend offer holder days so I can make my mind up. R u leaning towards one more than the other?
Reply 69
Original post by anxietyattack
omg I got an offer from both as well and honestly have no clue. I wanna attend offer holder days so I can make my mind up. R u leaning towards one more than the other?

same mines between bristol an ncl. both very similar course styles so wish id have an offer holder day to help decide.
Original post by AdamGenga
Hey guys! Nice to meet other people with offers! I think I like Newcastle the most but just waiting to see if I get any others. I was really up for finding other grad medics to live with or buddy up in halls with as I'm not sure I'm ready to live the fresher life again. I didn't know if the uni had a system to put grad medics with each other or if they just got put in normal undergrad accomodation.

I was wondering that too, I'm not sure I could face living with a load of 18 year olds fresh out of school.

Do we know whether grad medics get put with postgrads or undergrads in uni accommodation? I can't seem to find anything about it on the website
Original post by Perikles150
I was wondering that too, I'm not sure I could face living with a load of 18 year olds fresh out of school.

Do we know whether grad medics get put with postgrads or undergrads in uni accommodation? I can't seem to find anything about it on the website

Yeah im feeling exactly the same. I've tried looking into this but can't find anything. I was thinking it would be a lot cheaper to try and link up with some other grad medics and get a house together thats not campus accomodation.
Original post by Perikles150

I kinda feel the same! I’m not a grad though, I took 2 years out and have spent my gap year working various jobs and I’m a bit worried about fitting in with the people who have come straight from college.
Yeah im feeling exactly the same. I've tried looking into this but can't find anything. I was thinking it would be a lot cheaper to try and link up with some other grad medics and get a house together thats not campus accomodation.

Had a look at the options and thinking of park terrace for first year? It's postgrad and about five minutes from the medical school
Original post by Top Banana
Had a look at the options and thinking of park terrace for first year? It's postgrad and about five minutes from the medical school

I'm not sure we are allowed into postgraduate accomodation? I think I remember reading we are only allowed in undergrad, as its technically an undergrad course. I'm not sure though I might be getting confused between unis.
I'm not sure we are allowed into postgraduate accomodation? I think I remember reading we are only allowed in undergrad, as its technically an undergrad course. I'm not sure though I might be getting confused between unis.

So had a look and it states that anyone 25 and over can live in postgraduate regardless of undergrad or postgrad. With the first year being longer than a normal University year the only option is postgrad as undergrad contracts are only 40 weeks?
So had a look and it states that anyone 25 and over can live in postgraduate regardless of undergrad or postgrad. With the first year being longer than a normal University year the only option is postgrad as undergrad contracts are only 40 weeks?

Are all of the undergraduate contracts 40 weeks? At my uni some are longer. And, yeah thats why I'm thinking of trying to get an off campus house as will be a lot cheaper and the weeks of the contact might fit better.
Reply 77

The 40 weeks should be long enough for the first year, 1st year is from 20th September to 17th June
Reply 78
hey! i’ve got an offer for A101 and was wondering what other grads are thinking of doing about accommodation? I don’t fancy halls and I’m hoping to find a house to rent with others
Original post by ago99
hey! i’ve got an offer for A101 and was wondering what other grads are thinking of doing about accommodation? I don’t fancy halls and I’m hoping to find a house to rent with others

Hey, I'm thinking of getting a house with other grads! Would much rather live with people that are a bit older and a lot cheaper!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending