The Student Room Group

Green Party peer calls for ALL MEN to face a 6pm CURFEW

Scroll to see replies

MSP Hannah Bardell has also suggested the 6pm curfew for men: https://www.thenational.scot/news/19159524.sarah-everard-snp-mp-calls-curfew-men-areas-women-murdered/.

I think there may be some merit to this idea. If it helps women feel safer on the streets then it is worth considering.
Original post by Azagthoa
MSP Hannah Bardell has also suggested the 6pm curfew for men: https://www.thenational.scot/news/19159524.sarah-everard-snp-mp-calls-curfew-men-areas-women-murdered/.

I think there may be some merit to this idea. If it helps women feel safer on the streets then it is worth considering.

I wouldn't hold your breath.
So what two posters gave voted yes on this.... lord above
Reply 63
I see the conservative reactionaries are getting offended by some imagined grievance again. :rolleyes:
Original post by QE2
I see the conservative reactionaries are getting offended by some imagined grievance again. :rolleyes:

Nothing new there.
Original post by Burton Bridge
So what two posters gave voted yes on this.... lord above

Indeed! But there are three posters who voted yes... Guess who is one of them!!

By the way, good morning Mr Burton!!
I have heard from you for a long time now...

I don't understand what is the problem with the curfew of men after 6pm?? Or even earlier... Men are posing serious threats to our society. Not all are violent, aggressive, nasty, and having the potential of breaking the law or be really violent against women, but men are men and we all know what are they capable of doing..
Reply 66
Original post by GodAtum
So do you agree, and how enforcable will it be?

It's not enforceable because who would police it, and I mean that literally? Male police officers couldn't be on the streets to watch over women, not that the latter would have anything to go out for because there'd be no male bus or taxi drivers, and those who use public transport to get to and from work after 6pm wouldn't be able to do so, and those who drive or get a lift couldnt walk fron where they park their cars. Hence no late shopping, cinema, theatre, bars, gyms, restaurants, after-school clubs, uniformed organisations, hobby and interest meetings, family dinners.

Worse than any lockdown we've had!
Original post by Surnia
It's not enforceable because who would police it, and I mean that literally? Male police officers couldn't be on the streets to watch over women, not that the latter would have anything to go out for because there'd be no male bus or taxi drivers, and those who use public transport to get to and from work after 6pm wouldn't be able to do so, and those who drive or get a lift couldnt walk fron where they park their cars. Hence no late shopping, cinema, theatre, bars, gyms, restaurants, after-school clubs, uniformed organisations, hobby and interest meetings, family dinners.

Worse than any lockdown we've had!

That's why we need many more female police officers, female bus drivers, female taxi drivers, etc.

Forget about men. It's a menace to our society.
Original post by QE2

I see the usual left wing missionaries are playing down another one of those nutters they have on their side again.
No wonder no one votes for the Green Party
Original post by imlikeahermit
I see the usual left wing missionaries are playing down another one of those nutters they have on their side again.

Nothing left wing about these idoits, the green party are just a bunch of clowns plain and simple. Nothing left wing about knee jerk nonsense like this.
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by Lucifer323
Indeed! But there are three posters who voted yes... Guess who is one of them!!

By the way, good morning Mr Burton!!
I have heard from you for a long time now...

I don't understand what is the problem with the curfew of men after 6pm?? Or even earlier... Men are posing serious threats to our society. Not all are violent, aggressive, nasty, and having the potential of breaking the law or be really violent against women, but men are men and we all know what are they capable of doing..

You suffer amnesia as well, poor thing :wink:
Original post by QE2

Ad hominem.

See you haven't changed boat.
Reply 73
Ad hominem.
See you haven't changed boat.

*spproiinnggg!!!*

Also see you still don't understand what "ad hominem" means.
Reply 74
Nothing left wing about these idoits, the green party are just a bunch of clowns plain and simple. Nothing left wing about knee jerk nonsense like this.

Nice to have you back, talking sense as well. :wink:

PSOM
You suffer amnesia as well, poor thing :wink:

Good evening Mr Burton!

Good to hear from you again...

Well they are!

There is no point trying to label some extremist nonsense like this as mainstream left wing, that would be akin to claiming some extremist anti immigration ideal from some nut job in the EDL as the usual right wing missionaries. No they are just clowns, no credible right wing person would agree with them, as this topic proves nobody credible agrees with the nut job in the green party just Lucy and the boat.... noone credible.

I would normally engage and explain why such short sighted blindness is dangerous but nobody bar those two disagree, so what's the point?
(edited 3 years ago)
Well they are!

There is no point trying to label some extremist nonsense like this as mainstream left wing, that would be akin to claiming some extremist anti immigration ideal from some nut job in the EDL as the usual right wing missionaries. No they are just clowns, no credible right wing person would agree with them, as this topic proves nobody credible agrees with the nut job in the green party just Lucy and the boat.... noone credible.

I would normally engage and explain why such short sighted blindness is dangerous but nobody bar those two disagree, so what's the point?

We need to curfew all men after 6pm. Or at least most men, as they are a menace to our society.

They are engaging in very dangerous behaviours such as talking to women, stare at them, or even flirt with them. Something needs to be done soon and the sooner the better.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending