And im studying health and social care level 3
Library, Newman University
Birmingham Newman University
Birmingham
Pgce Primary 3-7 for September 2021 - anyone else? Xx
Original post by Unknown2452
Pgce Primary 3-7 for September 2021 - anyone else? Xx

Me too. Have you had an interview yet?
Hi all, my name is Kiran and i am one of the Student Recruitment Officers at Newman University. If anyone has any questions about studying at our university please ask away!!! I look forward to hearing from you all :smile:
Original post by Manooka
:hello:

This is the thread for people who are thinking of applying to Newman University Birmingham for 2021!

Meet and chat to other people applying here. Ice breaker questions:

What course are you applying for?
What subjects are you studying now?

You can find a big list of all the other applicant threads here >>

I am a PGCE primary (3-7) at Newman University, I started in September 2020. If anyone has any questions please do ask.
Original post by Aarif - Newman University Rep
I am a PGCE primary (3-7) at Newman University, I started in September 2020. If anyone has any questions please do ask.

Hi,

I have a Primary PGCE interview coming up with Newman for 2021 entry. I have read the interview process which outlines a five-minute micro-teaching session. Is the session based on a particular topic or do you have any advice regarding this. I have not received any further info from the Uni as of yet, and I'm not sure if I will.

Thanks
Original post by Anonymous
Hi,

I have a Primary PGCE interview coming up with Newman for 2021 entry. I have read the interview process which outlines a five-minute micro-teaching session. Is the session based on a particular topic or do you have any advice regarding this. I have not received any further info from the Uni as of yet, and I'm not sure if I will.

Thanks

Good morning,
As a cast my mind back to my interview last year, I had based my mico-teaching session on counting using my own props. I would suggest getting creative, I even sang a song, think about something you enjoy teaching to a particular age group. I had to choose my own topic and it might be the same this year. However, to double-check just drop Newman University an email and I'm pretty sure they will clarify that for you.
Original post by Anonymous
Hi,

Thanks

Hi, our Head of Primary ITE has said: 'All the information is provided here https://www.newman.ac.uk/knowledge-base/pgce-primary-ite-interviews/ - this link was accessible from the original email inviting the applicant to interview. The choice of topic etc. is left up to the applicant: we have no particular expectation about the content.'

I hope that helps, let me know if you need any further information! Thanks Nav (Official Newman University Rep)
I’ve got an offer for working with children, young people and families
Original post by Jessie.neale45
I’ve got an offer for working with children, young people and families

Congratulations!
Original post by Manooka
:hello:

This is the thread for people who are thinking of applying to Newman University Birmingham for 2021!

Meet and chat to other people applying here. Ice breaker questions:

What course are you applying for?
What subjects are you studying now?

You can find a big list of all the other applicant threads here >>

Hi, I am a fourth year student at Newman. For my undergraduate I studied Early Childhood and currently I am undertaking a Masters in Education for my postgraduate degree. Feel free to ask me any questions relating to both these courses.

Alinah
Reply 12
Original post by Alinah_Farouk
Hi all, my name is Kiran and i am one of the Student Recruitment Officers at Newman University. If anyone has any questions about studying at our university please ask away!!! I look forward to hearing from you all :smile:

hi, im thinking of applying for a PGCE primary for 2023 and am currently struggling to get work experience in schools due to their COVID policies and was wondering if this will affect my chances of getting a place on the course? I have a weeks worth of school experience from 2020, would this be enough? Thanks
Reply 13

hi, im thinking of applying for a PGCE primary for 2023 and am currently struggling to get work experience in schools due to their COVID policies and was wondering if this will affect my chances of getting a place on the course? I have a weeks worth of school experience from 2020, would this be enough? Thanks
Original post by Xxxxxx1

Hi, I hope you are well. If you are looking to apply for a PGCE primary through Newman then school experience is not a specific requirement for getting onto the course however, any relevant experience would be valuable. I have attached the website link below for you to look at. I hope this helps, feel free to ask any further questions :smile:
https://www.newman.ac.uk/course/pgce-primary-qts/september-2021/
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 15
Has anyone done their Primary Education online interview? If so how did it go?
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by AK-1234
Has anyone done a Newman Primary Education online interview? If so how did it go? What questions were asked?

Hi, I hope you are well. Firstly congratulations for getting to the interview stage, below i have attached a link to the skills that are required and possible topics that may be mentioned during the interview stage. I would suggest familiarising yourself with this and possibly building on how you may go about answering these questions/ how you meet these skills using relevant examples. I hope this helps, good luck for the interview :smile:

https://www.newman.ac.uk/knowledge-base/pgce-primary-ite-interviews/

Hi, I am starting a PGCE Primary (5-11), I’m just wondering how do you travel to Newman if you do? I’m looking to get the train and then I believe I have to get a bus from New Street but am unsure what one? Do you have any idea?
Original post by Alinah_Farouk

Hi, I am starting a PGCE Primary (5-11), I’m just wondering how do you travel to Newman if you do? I’m looking to get the train and then I believe I have to get a bus from New Street but am unsure what one? Do you have any idea?
Original post by Lizzie Beaman

Hi Lizzie, Hope you are well. I travel to university by bus which is lucky as the number 18 bus is directly located outside kings norton train station and stops opposite the university. I believe if you are heading toward the city centre it’s the 23 you will need to get onto which is near new street station possibly a short walk and that bus route also takes you directly to Newman University. Hope that helps!

Alinah :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending