The Student Room Group

In what year would you say you found your friendship group/ best friend

Hey, obviously with friendship people drift in and out especially in the first years of 7 and 8, but I am in a friendship group currently, with loads of friends, but I don't have a number 1 best friend. So, I was wondering if from people's experience with friendships if they could share what year of school they found their best friend/friendship group for life.
Original post by Anonymous
Hey, obviously with friendship people drift in and out especially in the first years of 7 and 8, but I am in a friendship group currently, with loads of friends, but I don't have a number 1 best friend. So, I was wondering if from people's experience with friendships if they could share what year of school they found their best friend/friendship group for life.

I'm in year 10 and I've got a friendship group with 3 other people and we're all really close but not one of us is best friends... the four of us are close and I've never really thought, being in this friend group that I needed a best friend. You don't always need to have a best friend but I get how your feeling in that you need one because honestly, I did too. But then again, you may not meet your best friend till collage or uni or even when your working!
Reply 2
Who said I had friends?
Hello,what defines a Best Friend?
I mean what do you think....what are the differences between a good friend and a best friend?
Year 9 I found my 2 true best friends and I am still friends with them eventhough they go to different colleges.
There isn't a set year when you'll find your friendship group or best friend. As you said, friendships come and go, depending on your interests, motivations and priorities.
But, you're more likely to find friends in school years, than at any other time.
Reply 6
University, but friendships have come and gone even ones I thought were lifelong . School was pretty s*** socially for me tbh
Reply 7
Met my best friend the day I started my first year of school as we were in the same class, only really got close at the end of primary school.
I dont have a best friend group and generally avoid them, someone always ends up causing trouble.
(edited 3 years ago)
2020 to 2021 for me
I met my best friend at a mother and toddlers group in 1995, and my other about four weeks into the first year of my second undergraduate degree (2017).

Didn't find 'friends for life' in school. I had a good friend group within six months of starting secondary school, and we remained drinking buddies for a good few years after finishing school, but we all drifted apart as people started getting married, children reached school age, others moved for work, etc.
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 10
I don't see anyone from school that regularly, with the exception of my next door neighbour... because they live next door

Don't see any of them socially
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by hamz.at
Who said I had friends?

Periodt.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending