The Student Room Group

***Official Investment Banking 2022 Summer Internship Thread***

Scroll to see replies

Original post by yeye21
is there any way to tell what day firms will open? I assume now is too soon but what about in a few months time?

Some firms (very few) will have it on their site. Apart from that, HR might sometimes tell you at campus recruiting etc. but honestly applying on the day apps open vs a week later is no big deal. The BBs and EBs tend to open first.
Hi everyone! I'm a current Oxford E&M student; my colleagues and I are running a charity CV and Application workshop for you guys hoping to break into the most competitive banks, firms and corporates very soon! Across the board, we received spring offers from; and have had previous experiences with JP Morgan, McKinsey, Deutsche Bank, Lazard, UBS, HSBC, Nomura, Perella Weinberg Partners, and plenty more! To those of you who are looking to improve your CV and cover letter for summer internship applications or more spring weeks next year, it'll be incredibly valuable.

Registration form is below; it's a one-time event so we'd love to support as many of you as we can by sharing our advice, top tips and experiences!

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfpB3jnMA_tgid2TryKsZRspMuKIZ9EBWnzww3lKE5pmSw-Sg/viewform?usp=sf_link
Does anyone know when applications open for summer internships?
Original post by 123xyz123
Does anyone know when applications open for summer internships?

This has been asked like 3 times in this thread alone. Aug/Sept but depends on the firm 😴
Reply 84
Are Citi summer internships for London 2022 already up? it appears so on the website posted March 3rd but surely this is way too early.
This is super early but when are you guys going to start grinding psychometric tests and studying technicals? Is a month of 1-2 hours daily before the recruiting season starts enough?
Original post by 206bjm
Are Citi summer internships for London 2022 already up? it appears so on the website posted March 3rd but surely this is way too early.

Weirdly... yes, just for IBD. I imagine this is a mistake though. Feel free to apply if you want.
Original post by anyIBers
This is super early but when are you guys going to start grinding psychometric tests and studying technicals? Is a month of 1-2 hours daily before the recruiting season starts enough?

Honestly, that's probably excessive unless you REALLY suck at them. A week of 1-2 hours would suffice. All I did was before every new test type (i.e. diff provider, diff type), I'd do enough practice so that I felt "I can pass this" or "I can't do any better". Normally that took like an hour. But there aren't that many providers/types. Like maybe 9 main provider/type combos.
Original post by anonuser99
This has been asked like 3 times in this thread alone. Aug/Sept but depends on the firm 😴

Another one for you😂
I've seen different views on this but esp for the Summers which open earliest, is it best to apply right after they open, or wait till around late Septmeber time to send off all apps? Cuz at first I thought, the earlier the better but I have seen different views on this on TSR🤔...?
Original post by anonuser99
Honestly, that's probably excessive unless you REALLY suck at them. A week of 1-2 hours would suffice. All I did was before every new test type (i.e. diff provider, diff type), I'd do enough practice so that I felt "I can pass this" or "I can't do any better". Normally that took like an hour. But there aren't that many providers/types. Like maybe 9 main provider/type combos.

Also, for SA apps, does each bank use the same test provider/test types as they did for their Spring recruitment(Eg, Citi just doing Korn Ferry numerical, MS doing cut-e NUM,VER,LOG,SJT etc.)?
Original post by silverswan2002
Another one for you😂
I've seen different views on this but esp for the Summers which open earliest, is it best to apply right after they open, or wait till around late Septmeber time to send off all apps? Cuz at first I thought, the earlier the better but I have seen different views on this on TSR🤔...?

Earlier the better because 90% of finance applications are rolling. Anyone who tells you different is wrong.
Also, for SA apps, does each bank use the same test provider/test types as they did for their Spring recruitment(Eg, Citi just doing Korn Ferry numerical, MS doing cut-e NUM,VER,LOG,SJT etc.)?

Yeah, probably. Don't see why they wouldn't. The test types may vary but the provider should be the same. The same overall HR team manages spring and summer recruitment at most banks. There are a few exceptions (I've never done springs but mentored someone), JPM and Lazard will have slightly different processes iirc.
Have heard of ppl getting 2:2s in first year just putting "Expected 2:1" on their CVs.
So if we get a decent 2:1 in first year, is it ok to put "Expected First" or better just to put smthg like "First Year Average: 2:1"?
Original post by redvelvetcake1
Have heard of ppl getting 2:2s in first year just putting "Expected 2:1" on their CVs.
So if we get a decent 2:1 in first year, is it ok to put "Expected First" or better just to put smthg like "First Year Average: 2:1"?

Yup, you can do the former.
Reply 94
Any boutiques opening in the next couple of months?
Original post by rockfish
Any boutiques opening in the next couple of months?

Doubtful. They pretty much open same as everywhere else. Aug/Sept or later.
Is GS also non rolling for Summer apps like they were for Springs? Or are they rolling this time?(asking since they open on July 1st already......so I'm guessing even applying in August for them once we have a better CV/application would be a big disadvantage already??)
(edited 3 years ago)
Is GS also non rolling for Summer apps like they were for Springs? Or are they rolling this time?(asking since they open on July 1st already......so I'm guessing even applying in August for them once we have a better CV/application would be a big disadvantage already??)

Yes. To both your questions. Basically, GS is rolling but they do not start reviewing applications immediately, there's a delay then the second stages go out in waves. They DO NOT only review after the deadline. People get offers way before the deadline is up. No one knows how long this "delay" is so treat it like any other application and apply ASAP. July 1st sounds insanely early though, check your source on that. Pretty sure it's later than that.
(edited 3 years ago)
Does anyone know was the least competitive division is?
I'm not yet sure what division I want to work in in the future so i'd be happy with any experience
Sorry if this has already been asked but are spring internship interview questions technical? I know for springs they were almost all competency only
And also does anyone have any advice about how to improve in psychometric tests

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending