The Student Room Group
Studying at Cardiff University
Cardiff University
Visit website

Cardiff Modern Languages

HI! I was wondering if anyone else on here has an offer/applied for modern languages at Cardiff? If so, what languages have you applied for? :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by frogplant
HI! I was wondering if anyone else on here has an offer/applied for modern languages at Cardiff? If so, what languages have you applied for? :smile:

Hi! I firmed Cardiff this week for Spanish, How about you?
Studying at Cardiff University
Cardiff University
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by meabhod
Hi! I firmed Cardiff this week for Spanish, How about you?

going to firm Cardiff for French and Japanese beginner!! glad to find another mfl student! :biggrin:
Reply 3
going to firm Cardiff for French and Japanese beginner!! glad to find another mfl student! :biggrin:

Yeah! Everyone on the forum seems to be doing the likes of Law or Psychology so it's good to see another modern languages student! Japanese sounds cool. Best of luck on your studies!
Original post by meabhod
Yeah! Everyone on the forum seems to be doing the likes of Law or Psychology so it's good to see another modern languages student! Japanese sounds cool. Best of luck on your studies!

Not modern languages or law or psychology but firmed for English lit and history
Reply 5
Original post by Niyahcaitie
Not modern languages or law or psychology but firmed for English lit and history

oo that's exciting! hope u enjoy it :biggrin:
oo that's exciting! hope u enjoy it :biggrin:

Thanks, you too, now to sort out accom🙈🙈
Reply 7
Hi! I’ll be doing French at Cardiff tho I might switch to doing French with another language :smile: I applied last year but deferred so my place is confirmed. Hopefully I’ll see you there!
Reply 8
Original post by APSterio
Hi! I’ll be doing French at Cardiff tho I might switch to doing French with another language :smile: I applied last year but deferred so my place is confirmed. Hopefully I’ll see you there!

oh great! i heard they're pretty open to letting you switch around your language choices for beginner so that is good : D !! hope u enjoy
I'm going to firm for Italian and English lit :smile:
Reply 10
Original post by Annakidd03
I'm going to firm for Italian and English lit :smile:

Italian sounds cool!! Good to see another MFL student :smile:
Reply 11
i’m considering spanish and japanese !<3
Reply 12
Original post by xmin02
i’m considering spanish and japanese !<3

omg cool! i went to the spanish taster session just for fun and the teacher seems so nice! same with the japanese teacher! everyone seems really friendly :biggrin:
i've firmed japanese and translation!
Reply 14
Original post by sinisterspooks
i've firmed japanese and translation!

cool! japanese seems really fun, maybe i'll see you there :biggrin:
cool! japanese seems really fun, maybe i'll see you there :biggrin:

yeah i’m really excited for it! it definitely seems intense though. what accommodation are you planning on doing?
Reply 16
Original post by sinisterspooks
yeah i’m really excited for it! it definitely seems intense though. what accommodation are you planning on doing?

i havent decided but taly court seems pretty close to the modern languages building. really not sure though, wbu?
i havent decided but taly court seems pretty close to the modern languages building. really not sure though, wbu?

My top one is colum hall, it’s one of the cheaper ones with en-suite and is 5 mins from the modern languages building. But otherwise yeah talybont ones seem not too far.
Reply 18
Is there a group chat for modern languages??
not that i know of, i imagine we’ll make one once we’re there?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending