The Student Room Group

how much do you remember about the past 5 - 7 years of your life?

can you recall any specific events? what about stuff like your birthdays or christmas? or is everything a hazy blur and you can't recall ****, other than fragmented random, maybe not even real memories you can't really place?

just trying to see something, lol

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I mostly remember traumatic things and some other random snippets of smaller events tbh, but my memory is messed up.
I remember decent chunks with many specific events and occurrences.
Reply 3
Original post by Pathway
I mostly remember traumatic things and some other random snippets of smaller events tbh, but my memory is messed up.

i can only remember random snippets too, it's so bizzare. is your sense of time really weird too? e.g. months feel like weeks, years feel like months

Original post by DiddyDec
I remember decent chunks with many specific events and occurrences.

that's not fair. :<
Reply 4
Most of my memory is empty.. can remember specific events but not much. Specific events that I can remember are pretty hazy or short.
Reply 5
Original post by Ciel.
i can only remember random snippets too, it's so bizzare. is your sense of time really weird too? e.g. months feel like weeks, years feel like months

that's not fair. :<

Yeah, but I think it's dissociation related because of my CPTSD, if you get what I mean? Do you get disorientated with the time issues? I do. :redface:
I don't remember much. There's a few things here and there, but not much
Reply 7
Original post by Foxehh
Most of my memory is empty.. can remember specific events but not much. Specific events that I can remember are pretty hazy or short.

are you on any medication, if you don't mind me asking?
Original post by Pathway
Yeah, but I think it's dissociation related because of my CPTSD, if you get what I mean? Do you get disorientated with the time issues? I do. :redface:

yeah. i think in my case it's probably due to benzos too, maybe? i don't even remember my last year of uni. like, not at all. lol
Original post by ItsStarLordMan
I don't remember much. There's a few things here and there, but not much

thank god i'm not the only one
Reply 8
i remember things from 12 years ago (im 16). it sucks sometimes
Reply 9
Original post by Ciel.

yeah. i think in my case it's probably due to benzos too, maybe? i don't even remember my last year of uni. like, not at all. lol

thank god i'm not the only one

Perhaps, yeah. Idk if my medication would impact my memory or not, but I wouldn't be surprised. My other health issues probably do too, especially insomnia and anorexia.
Reply 10
Original post by ohno223
i remember things from 12 years ago (im 16). it sucks sometimes

i actually remember quite a lot from my childhood. the past couple of years are a blank tho
I remember a good amount of it. Not much of the day to day stuff (although I do remember some) but events like birthdays, parties etc. Photos help to jog my memory too :smile:
so strange aha i mentioned something similar on my thread yesterday. I feel like there's gaps in my childhood tht are shut off from my memory almost so i just don't remember much if anything..maybe it's the ptsd. I've suppressed things so much tht it's messed up my memory.
Reply 13
Original post by Pathway
Perhaps, yeah. Idk if my medication would impact my memory or not, but I wouldn't be surprised. My other health issues probably do too, especially insomnia and anorexia.

oh yeah, i think insomnia can definitely impact it too
Original post by BurstingBubbles
I remember a good amount of it. Not much of the day to day stuff (although I do remember some) but events like birthdays, parties etc. Photos help to jog my memory too :smile:

nice 🙈
Reply 14
Original post by HS_1
so strange aha i mentioned something similar on my thread yesterday. I feel like there's gaps in my childhood tht are shut off from my memory almost so i just don't remember much if anything..maybe it's the ptsd. I've suppressed things so much tht it's messed up my memory.

that's possible.. our minds can do all sorts of weird things i guess
Reply 15
Original post by Ciel.

Yeah and thats probably a part of it.
Reply 16
Original post by Bruno Ford
I recall being on a Princess Trust course five years ago, some of those events that happened during that course still haunt me to this day. Seven years ago, I was a completely different man.

that doesn't sound fun :<
Reply 17
Original post by Foxehh
Yeah and thats probably a part of it.

same here. it kinda sucks but at the same time life would suck even more without it so.
Original post by Ciel.
that doesn't sound fun :<

You're not wrong, I have never been a very happy person.
I remember not being in lockdown (ayyyyy). I can remember holidays I went on, specific things that happened in school, I can just about remember football results, I can remember that about 5 years ago all the old famous people seemed to be dying and Jeremy Clarkson got fired for punching a producer.

Quick Reply

Latest