The Student Room Group

Edinburgh Postgraduate Application Thread 2021

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by cathyh
Congratulations on your offer!! Around when did you send in your application?

Thank you :smile: I had difficulty on my side the portal seems down for a few days, only managed to submit my application at the last hour, for 1st Feb deadline.
Reply 61
Original post by clax07
Thank you :smile: I had difficulty on my side the portal seems down for a few days, only managed to submit my application at the last hour, for 1st Feb deadline.

Thanks for sharing! I submitted on 10th Feb, so I hope I hear from them soon!
Reply 62
New week. All the best for those waiting for offer 😀
Has anyone been able to defer an offer this year? I really want to attend the program I got into, but have been given the opportunity to work abroad for one year after finishing my undergrad. I don’t think I can go through the pain of applying again next year 😢
Original post by mocking.bird
Hi. I am applying for LLM at Edinburgh. Has anyone already got offers?! The wait is killing me 😌

I have applied as well! One of the application deadlines was mid Feb, and the places are awarded at the end of this month. Haven't heard anything back yet I just keep checking the tracker haha. Are you expecting to hear back at the same time? Good luck!
Original post by Apples.99
I have applied as well! One of the application deadlines was mid Feb, and the places are awarded at the end of this month. Haven't heard anything back yet I just keep checking the tracker haha. Are you expecting to hear back at the same time? Good luck!

I had applied for the Human Rights LLM in the last week of December and haven't heard anything back yet. The program info tells me I should hear back by 31st March so just trying to be patient. But I too keep checking the tracker every 15 mins. It's pure torture. Which LLM have you applied for? All the best to you!
Applied for an MSc in Evolution of Language and Cognition, received an unconditional offer a week ago. Turned it down due to rejected funding!
Reply 67
Hey all, I'm an offer holder for a PhD in English and wondering if anyone has heard back from the university scholarship competitions? I applied through the portal and my applications still say Pending but it's now been over a month...
I'm getting slightly worried about my application - I applied 12th Feb and about 10 days later I had to provide a different transcript for my undergraduate which took ages with my current institution's admin office. I've now sent over an approved copy of my transcript via email via my current course administrator and have received no response. EUCLID still says I have to submit a document and if it isn't submitted in a weeks time (march 23rd) my application will be terminated. It's been 5 working days since I sent the email and I asked if they'd confirm they received my transcript but I've heard nothing and I'm really not sure what to do. I cant upload my transcript to EUCLID as they specifically asked to receive it from my current course administrator so I'm at a loss with what i'm meant to do, I really dont want my application terminated because Edinburgh is my first choice :confused:
Original post by mocking.bird
I had applied for the Human Rights LLM in the last week of December and haven't heard anything back yet. The program info tells me I should hear back by 31st March so just trying to be patient. But I too keep checking the tracker every 15 mins. It's pure torture. Which LLM have you applied for? All the best to you!

Oh wow that is a long wait! I have applied for Global Environment and Climate Change LLM and it had the same info in regard to awarding places. It says 31st March on the website. I guess we gotta hang tight for 2 more weeks and find something to distract ourselves with...
Original post by binkycamp
I'm getting slightly worried about my application - I applied 12th Feb and about 10 days later I had to provide a different transcript for my undergraduate which took ages with my current institution's admin office. I've now sent over an approved copy of my transcript via email via my current course administrator and have received no response. EUCLID still says I have to submit a document and if it isn't submitted in a weeks time (march 23rd) my application will be terminated. It's been 5 working days since I sent the email and I asked if they'd confirm they received my transcript but I've heard nothing and I'm really not sure what to do. I cant upload my transcript to EUCLID as they specifically asked to receive it from my current course administrator so I'm at a loss with what i'm meant to do, I really dont want my application terminated because Edinburgh is my first choice :confused:

I have emailed in the past and it does take some time. Have you tried calling your admissions office? You can find their contact details here - https://www.ed.ac.uk/student-systems/support-guidance/applicants/ucas-app-help/university-of-edinburgh-admissions-offices

There are also details for general enquiries who may be able to pass you to the correct person - https://www.ed.ac.uk/schools-departments/contacts
Hope you manage to sort it out!
Original post by odela81
Hey all, I'm an offer holder for a PhD in English and wondering if anyone has heard back from the university scholarship competitions? I applied through the portal and my applications still say Pending but it's now been over a month...

I don't know about English, but I know that the results of the PhD law scholarships aren't announced until the end of April even though the deadline was 4 Feb. And, I think that information might have been from a generic document on university scholarships? So possible that you are in for the long wait too :/ Its annoying because most of us won't know if we are funded until we already have had to reply to other uni offers
Reply 72
How long does it usually take from 'being processed' to an offer/rejection? Just checked and its been changed.
I have emailed in the past and it does take some time. Have you tried calling your admissions office? You can find their contact details here - https://www.ed.ac.uk/student-systems/support-guidance/applicants/ucas-app-help/university-of-edinburgh-admissions-offices

There are also details for general enquiries who may be able to pass you to the correct person - https://www.ed.ac.uk/schools-departments/contacts
Hope you manage to sort it out!

Thank u so much for ur reply! I have tried to phone my admissions office but theyre out of office and only replying by email (according to their voicemail.) Ive emailed again but no reply. I wouldnt be so concerned if there was a deadline for my application being terminated!! I wish i could get hold of someone....anyone...:confused:
Hello everyone, I've submitted my application for a MSc in Data Science in December and my application is still showing "Being processed" under the MyEd portal. Have anyone heard back from them for this program? It has been almost 4 months now :confused:
Applied to MSc Economics, my status changed to 'on hold'. Does that mean I'm wait listed?
Original post by Catherine1910
Applied to MSc Economics, my status changed to 'on hold'. Does that mean I'm wait listed?

Did you apply recently? This happened to my application, but that was because more documents/evidence were required before the application could be submitted for review. If this is the case, then when you open your application it should have some information on what else you need to submit.

Or it could be something else. If your application is on a waiting list then I think you should be formal;ly notified as that would be a decision made by the uni. There is a question on the student support page about being on hold - https://www.ed.ac.uk/student-systems/support-guidance/applicants/post-online-application-help/application-status.
Original post by binkycamp
Thank u so much for ur reply! I have tried to phone my admissions office but theyre out of office and only replying by email (according to their voicemail.) Ive emailed again but no reply. I wouldnt be so concerned if there was a deadline for my application being terminated!! I wish i could get hold of someone....anyone..

Yeah, that extra detail has added more stress. I would try and get in touch with them as much as you can over the phone if you need urgent assistance. Fingers crossed they reply to you soon!
Hi! Do you guys know how the application procedure works - can places get filled up before the final deadline? Do people who apply earlier have greater chances? I'm thinking of applying for Comparative Lit btw
Did you apply recently? This happened to my application, but that was because more documents/evidence were required before the application could be submitted for review. If this is the case, then when you open your application it should have some information on what else you need to submit.

Or it could be something else. If your application is on a waiting list then I think you should be formal;ly notified as that would be a decision made by the uni. There is a question on the student support page about being on hold - https://www.ed.ac.uk/student-systems/support-guidance/applicants/post-online-application-help/application-status.

I think it's the case of having to submit more documents, I have already done. Fingers crossed 🤞

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending