The Student Room Group
Studying in halls, University of Cambridge
University of Cambridge
Cambridge

Cambridge MPhil Real Estate Finance 2021-2022

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Kate OY
Hi everyone, I’m Kate from China. Received the “move to GAO” email on 1st March and I’m still waiting for the final result. Super nervous 😭

Congratulations! Moving to GAO basically means that you are accepted, so there's no need to be nervous!

Would you mind sharing your background/profile?
Studying in halls, University of Cambridge
University of Cambridge
Cambridge
Original post by Pride of London
What is your background?

Economics and Geography at a top RG Uni, expected to graduate with a first. Experience in CRE, working for a large advisor for 3 months last year and similar experience the year before.
How about you?
Reply 42
Original post by CAMLSE20
Congratulations! Moving to GAO basically means that you are accepted, so there's no need to be nervous!

Would you mind sharing your background/profile?

Thanks for your kindness. Hopefully will hear back soon.

Accounting at a college run by Mainland-HK cooperation, first honor.
Two short internships in investment and bank. Have done some work for real estate investment projects and about personal credit.

My background is not very competitive. Many people here are so excellent!
Reply 43
Original post by Pride of London
What date did you apply?

Mid January
Reply 44
Original post by Kate OY
Thanks for your kindness. Hopefully will hear back soon.

Accounting at a college run by Mainland-HK cooperation, first honor.
Two short internships in investment and bank. Have done some work for real estate investment projects and about personal credit.

My background is not very competitive. Many people here are so excellent!

Congrats Kate!! Your background definitely sounds appropriate/competitive, have confidence!

Hope you get confirmation from GAO and Colleges soon (:
Reply 45
I misunderstood the email. Sorry for the wrong message. Here’s the updated timeline

1.15 applied. Currently under review by department.

The process is killing me😣. Hope you guys get good news soon.
Reply 46
Original post by waccib
Congrats Kate!! Your background definitely sounds appropriate/competitive, have confidence!

Hope you get confirmation from GAO and Colleges soon (:

It’s so nice of you! That’s very cheering, thanks.
But I’m sorry my last post is not correct. Just checked the portal and found it is still under review.

Hope things go well for you
Reply 47
Original post by Kate OY
It’s so nice of you! That’s very cheering, thanks.
But I’m sorry my last post is not correct. Just checked the portal and found it is still under review.

Hope things go well for you

Hahaha no worries! Yes hopefully we all get some news soon 😂
Reply 48
Hey guys, I just checked my portal and my status has moved to PAO. Not sure if this means 100% I secured the offer, does anyone know what's the difference between PAO and GAO?
Reply 49
Original post by skkzy16
Hey guys, I just checked my portal and my status has moved to PAO. Not sure if this means 100% I secured the offer, does anyone know what's the difference between PAO and GAO?

Congrats!!! It does mean you've probably secured the offer and they just need to ensure your records (i.e. university, results, etc.) are legitimate and you're not a fraud lol. PAO and GAO are the same, and probably you'll get your conditional/unconditional offer in maybe 2 weeks.

I know the rest are gonna ask about your background but noted you've already posted in the earlier pages that you applied in Nov. Congrats once again!
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 50
Original post by waccib
Congrats!!! It does mean you've probably secured the offer and they just need to ensure your records (i.e. university, results, etc.) are legitimate and you're not a fraud lol. PAO and GAO are the same, and probably you'll get your conditional/unconditional offer in maybe 2 weeks.

I know the rest are gonna ask about your background but noted you've already posted in the earlier pages that you applied in Nov. Congrats once again!

Thanks! I hope this means they are finally giving out offers and hope everyone can hear back from them soon! I'll probably make an update of my entire application progress when I get the official offer.
Reply 51
Original post by skkzy16
Thanks! I hope this means they are finally giving out offers and hope everyone can hear back from them soon! I'll probably make an update of my entire application progress when I get the official offer.

That'll be great! Thanks so much!!
Reply 52
Can anyone provide insight into college placement for this course? Being a more “professionally-oriented” degree that’s only one year in duration are we more likely to be shunted to what some might consider less desirable colleges (I.e. not King’s, Trinity, Gonville, John’s, Jesus, Christ’s, etc.)?
Reply 53
Hey guysHope all going well on the app process. My app changes into PAO two days ago
But it seems like the PAO stage can take at least 2 weeks under COVID....still nervous cuz I saw someone got rejected after PAO (but it was because her uni was not a prestigious school)
Best wishes guys
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by rg0000
Hey guysHope all going well on the app process. My app changes into PAO two days ago
But it seems like the PAO stage can take at least 2 weeks under COVID....still nervous cuz I saw someone got rejected after PAO (but it was because her uni was not a prestigious school)
Best wishes guys

Congrats! I think that is a rare scenario so I wouldn’t worry too much. I’ve personally never heard of someone make PAO/GAO and then get rejected at that stage...

Would you mind sharing your background and date of application submission?
Hi Everyone,

Applied just by the deadline. My profile: First Class in Management w/ Finance from the Warwick Business School. Previously interned in the real-estate division at one of the big 4 and currently working full time in capital-raising/private placements for alternative funds. In the event that this year doesn't work out too well on the admissions side, I am seriously contemplating whether a solid GMAT score could help bolster my chances for the next year. Would appreciate anyone's insight on this!

Also, good luck to you all!
Congratulations! Amazing to hear!When did you apply? and could you tell a bit about your profile?
Hey guys, I am thinking about applying next year. On course for a solid first, currently averaging around 79% (Russell Group, Economics). My only worry is I got a 2:2 in first year (was quite a difficult year for me) and scraped a pass in a second year quant module. Do you think Cambridge will be more concerned with the overall classification or will these factors hold me back? Cheers!
Hi Guys, checked my applicant portal today and received the 'Awaiting approval by PAO - Awaiting approval by the Postgraduate Admissions Office.' having applied in late November. I have shared my background in an earlier post.
Original post by Physics realm
Hi Guys, checked my applicant portal today and received the 'Awaiting approval by PAO - Awaiting approval by the Postgraduate Admissions Office.' having applied in late November. I have shared my background in an earlier post.

Congratulations :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending